Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

ACTION COMICS #48

(W) Greg Pak, Aaron Kuder (A) Aaron Kuder, Rafa Sandoval

"The Savage Dawn" begins! Following recent events in the SUPERMAN ANNUAL, Superman is becoming increasingly desperate to regain his powers! The situation is dire, as he must rescue his fellow Justice Leaguers and save the lives of the soldiers facing Vandal Savage!

Item Code: NOV150209In Shops: 1/6/2016SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

is that big green dude frankenstein?

Kid_jakeriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope Pak does better with this arc, I have faith he will. Godd story or not Kuder makes buying it worth it.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm goat NG to trade wait for this

xsbrx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some consistency would be nice for Wonder Woman's costume.

One issue she's in the new armor, one issue later she's back in her old suit.

Same thing goes on in her stand-alone series too.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6  Edited By SaintWildcard

@kid_jakeriv said:

I hope Pak does better with this arc, I have faith he will. Godd story or not Kuder makes buying it worth it.

Pak and the Superman office has had such terrible planning with crossovers events. Doomed and this have sounded good conceptually but it feels like this arc has been stretched and not coordinated well enough. This arc could have worked, but it needed planning and certain aspects needed to shine more (like Clark being treated like one of us and his interactions with the public). Pak had two brilliant arcs in BM/SM and in AC before this arc hit, it sucks to see it take a nosedive after that. Sure there have been some golden moments, but as an arc this has been eh. That being said, I do think the most recent issues have picked up some steam.

Avatar image for themantisshrimp
TheMantisShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would so love to read this book again but I just don't understand why it is perpetually involved with crossovers across most of the superman line.

Avatar image for beautifultemptress
BeautifulTemptress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Wonder Woman first time call herself the goddess of war? And why she in a red and black suit? In WONDER WOMAN #47 she's wearing an old costume.

emers109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The JL were pretty easy to capture.

AtomicHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: I have to agree. With the last story arc containing Wrath, It feels more like its more or less stumbling along into this arc of Savage Dawn. The pace feels way off already.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3ffc872a35d
deactivated-5b3ffc872a35d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman has gone to Sh+t...oh my gosh, uuuuugh

omarthmainman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By omarthmainman

Is that a Monitor explorer ship?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol WW the damsel in distress...

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: how the mighty have fallen

superhoodie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Can't wait

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*snort*

Superman with a leather jacket?

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

@opalance said:

Superman has gone to Sh+t...oh my gosh, uuuuugh

Read Superman: Lois & Clark. It's good. I promise.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman being held hostage in a damsel in distress role. The wait for a new creative team continues. (Please bring Johns back, DC)

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SaintWildcard

@theexile285 said:

Wonder Woman being held hostage in a damsel in distress role. The wait for a new creative team continues. (Please bring Johns back, DC)

To be fair, the entire JL got taken out. Even Flash who is arguably the strongest and way faster than her

Also, Johns run was horrendous and a complete creative run while at the same time a slap in the face to new ideas. Johns has done many great things and wrote some of my favorite stories, but his run on New 52 Superman nearly made me want to drop comics

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SaintWildcard

@theexile285 said:

@saintwildcard: Why is Flash the strongest JL member again?

Because he's the fastest. As said in the movie Kung Fu Hustle "Speed decides the Victor". He can argualy punch harder and faster than any of them can react to. Also, let me repost my edit here

Also, Johns run was horrendous and a complete creative bore while at the same time a slap in the face to new ideas. Johns has done many great things and wrote some of my favorite stories, but his run on New 52 Superman nearly made me want to drop comics

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheExile285

@saintwildcard: Mmkay

As for John's run, I found it fine. Not as good as his pre-Flashpoint run on Superman but still fine. If anything was gonna make me drop post Flashpoint Superman it would have been Unchained. Different strokes I guess.,

I'll just bide my time till there's another creative team or miniseries I like.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: Mmkay

As for John's run, I found it fine. Not as good as his pre-Flashpoint run on Superman but still fine. If anything was gonna make me drop post Flashpoint Superman it would have been Unchained.

I'll just bide my time till there's another creative team or miniseries I like.

When Pak is on point, he's written a Superman who feels the most real and a true Farmboy than any other writer. He's written emotional moments that have made me misty eyed. While when he tries to write an epic story he tends to fail at it, his good work (most of AC and two arcs on BM.SM) more than enough make him my definitive Superman writer. I just think the guy can't handle events

Johns run was generally very average, it was the ending that annoyed the ever loving piss out of me. He took some conceptually good ideas and decided to reboot everything and with zero effort made Superman return to the Daily Planet. He took close to nothing into consideration or the previous storyline of him running a blog with Cat and completely ignored it. As if Clark had left the DP for no reason. He killed what could have been a great storyline and brought it back to the same old song and dance.

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

finally, superhero stories in my superman books.

deathfalcon182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: looks to me like you aren't actually familiar with Johns' writing. Retconning stuff and bringing it to familiar grounds is why he's one of the most prolific writer. He gives fans what they want. To be fair Johns has 0 obligations to follow other writers ideas when the writer who introduced it in the first place didn't know what to do with that shit. The whole blog idea was just trying to throw stuff at the wall and see if it sticks kind of a deal. In the beginning of new 52 they were doing that with every book, main goal was to separate Clark and Lois. Do you actually think they (Lobdell and Editorial) knew what they were doing? Lol.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kuder's art is so good, this story isn't deserving of it.

Avatar image for mattydavehalpeo
MattyDaveHalPeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xsbrx said:

Same goes for the others. The recent Aquaman issue had Flash and GL in their own suits.

ia0delond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, Nic Cage is on the cover.

Nice

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31  Edited By EdBlank

@xsbrx said:

Continuity is a thing of the past at DC

allend4bbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How convenient that the whole JL is taken down, but Batgod is not pictured. DC can't damage the rep of the their cash cow.

That being said. I love the art, and this looks pretty exciting at the very least.

Surza7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

man I can't wait for this issue! I really loved the Superman annual that came out,and just thought to myself Savage and Supes are going to go at it! Superman and Action Comics are the comic series that I have been looking forward to a ton since the changes in Superman started.This has been my favorite Superman,and really has made the character grow on me a ton.Really excited to see what is to come :D

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I noticed that too, but as noted the rest of the JL was caught and traditionally they all get caught when Superman is going to be the focus of the story.

Avatar image for davidgrantlloyd
davidgrantlloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@theexile285 said:

To be fair, the entire JL got taken out. Even Flash who is arguably the strongest and way faster than her

Exactly. The whole Justice League were "damsels in distress" if that's the spin one wants to put on it

Avatar image for davidgrantlloyd
davidgrantlloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Anyway, preview looks good.

Kuder is an absolute legend ... and his visual style meshes with Pak's writing perfectly ... hopefully, one day soon they can complete an entire story arc together without the need for fill-in artists, to put their definitive exclamation point on the Superman mythos

GrimoireMyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard said:
@theexile285 said:

Exactly. The whole Justice League were "damsels in distress" if that's the spin one wants to put on it

Its true. Wonder Woman was the last to be taken down but that doesn't matter to some people. When someone takes down/captures Superman "The writers can't write him" or "It was a fluke" because he is deemed too perfect and boring so whatever happens to him is great. Take away his powers and make him bleed is almost every issue, fantastic. Take his Clark persona away so everyone he knows is put in danger constantly, Superb.

When anyone takes down/captures Wonder Woman however its "She's being belittled because she's a woman" or "Oh my god this is so typical since she is so powerful they have to try and limit her" kind of stuff always appears. Talk about hypocrisy.

Synack1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#38  Edited By Synack1138

As convoluted as the superman books have been, Action comics still remains the best of the bunch.