• 77 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

In the April issues of the New 52 DC Comics, we saw some crazy things. Each issue had a gatefold cover with a shock or twist shown on the second half. In last month's BATMAN AND RED ROBIN #19, we saw the introduction of Carrie Kelley in the New 52 Universe. It looks like one issue wasn't enough as she makes another appearance in this week's BATMAN AND RD HOOD #20.

Take a look at the preview, courtesy of DC Comics.

No Caption Provided

BATMAN AND RED HOOD #20

The massive fallout from the recent events in BATMAN, INCORPORATED take Batman to the very limits of his sanity…will The Red Hood pull him back—or push him over the edge?

Written by: Peter J. Tomasi

Art by: Patrick Gleason, Cliff Richards, Mick Gray, Mark Irwin

Color/B&W: Color

Page Count: 32

U.S. Price: 2.99

On Sale Date: May 8 2013

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By TheManInTheShoe

Nice cover, but I couldn't help to think of this:

No Caption Provided

The_Soverighn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

can't wait

Sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I am sorry...this whole Carrie Kelley thing is a little ridiculous. I am not even sure the point of including her, let alone trying to shoehorn in a relationship of any kind with Damian.

Webjaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Webjaker

Of all the people we've been waiting to appear in the New 52 - Carrie Kelley is #1 (rolls eyes)

jangcrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Guess we are going to end up calling this series "Batman and Carrie Kelley"....

Avatar image for shallbecomeabattoo
Shallbecomeabattoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Pat Gleason on Batman! The way he draws, Bruce, Batman, Alfred, the way he uses shadows and how kinetic his action is... Wow. I love what Capullo does on Batman, but to me personally Gleason is the one Bat artist to beat. He is much more consistent, while Capullos stuff looks slightly rushed sometimes. Gleason and Tomasi are also the reason why I always loved pre52 GLcorps more than an other GL title. Its a shame they don't get as much attention as other big comic teams nowadays. For me, those two are among the absolute best, when paired together.

Smurfboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wayne needs to shave his beard.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By dernman

I don't mind Carrie Kelly being in the story as long as she never becomes Robin or any kind of sidekick.

Batman is suppose to be younger in the 52 but artists still make him look older. Grant Morrison had dialogue making Batman seem older but you kind of expect him not to give a frack about other people set down.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I like CK.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 7

it was such a bad idea to bring in Kelly. She is taking away from the story in a huge way and doesn't fit in with this continuity

Avatar image for scarlet_spider_forever
Scarlet_Spider_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Now I know how the people (or person) who likes Harper Row feels. I see lots of negative comments about Carrie but I'd love to see her as Robin. At least she has Bat-history behind her, unlike Row. Seems I may be in the minority here.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By TommytheHitman

Meh. Forget Carrie Kelly. Should've just left her with Frank Miller.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Want Cassie Cain

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

User Lists: 4

Batnandez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what is the point of kelley in the new52? she is pointless. it's just dc being a dic* and not giving us stephanie brown. instead we get this pathetic excuse for a batman family member.

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hawkguy

I hope Batman moves from sidekick to sidekick for a while, maybe stick with Nightwing for a while, that might be cool.

But in the end, let's get Stephanie Brown :D

E1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By E1000
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

What's the real point of having CK in the main universe... another red headed girl for the collection, I might add... when quite a few other, quite popular, female associates of Batman are still in the void?

Lady_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Not feeling it...at all. Issue 18 of Batman and Robin was pretty solid (which I did not expect from a silent issue).

But I was not a fan of issue 19 in any way.

I get that Batman has suffered a great loss. But the sheer irrationality, stupidity, and immaturity Bruce was displaying just does not fly with me. I don't mind his being off of his game but kidnapping Frankenstein? Not listening to Alfred or Tim? No thanks.

Plus, I don't like the inclusion of Carrie Kelly. I'd prefer she just stay in TDKR. She was a cool character but not one I have ANY interest in seeing become a permanent fixure in Batman's universe.

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

#25  Edited By Delphic

At least some semblance of a relationship (friendly) is being written better than what's being done with Superman and Wonder Woman right now, and that's supposed to be driving the whole plot of the new 52 after all.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

@thetimestreamer said:

what is the point of kelley in the new52? she is pointless. it's just dc being a dic* and not giving us stephanie brown. instead we get this pathetic excuse for a batman family member.

Yep.

Carrie Kelly was the worst thing about Returns and she was irrelevant then, not sure why DC think she'll do anything to boost their image 25 years later.

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So...

Carrie Kelly is the next Robin?

Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

@theacidskull said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

@thetimestreamer said:

Yep.

Carrie Kelly was the worst thing about Returns and she was irrelevant then, not sure why DC think she'll do anything to boost their image 25 years later.

Is she really that bad?

However bad you're imagining her from my comment, she's 1000 times worse.

Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#35  Edited By reignmaker

Those who are b*tching about Carrie Kelly are the same people who cried about Damian Wayne when he was introduced.

Chill out! If there's anyone who deserves a benefit of a doubt, it's Tomasi and Gleason. This run has been nothing short of spectacular.

The New 52 is it's own creature. Stop trying to shoehorn it into everything else that has been published and you'll like it just fine. No doubt all of this will be retconned eventually, just like everything before it. So enjoy it for however long it lasts.

Benzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Ugh. I miss Cassandra Cain. :(

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Preview in a nutshell

No Caption Provided

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By JonSmith

I am oddly okay with more Carrie Kelly poking her nose around what happened to Damian.

Snake_Plissken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lame. Put Damian in a Lazarus Pit already and bring him back!

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I don't want her.Gleason's run was perfect but it all went to hell right after he brought her back last issue.

blkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41  Edited By blkson

Harper Row now Carrie Kelly? What is really going on? I still don't understand why DC is going this direction. Kelly serves no purpose in the new52. On the flip side that's some really good dialogue in those previews. I would love to see Cass come back, but Kelly could be interesting. I'm interested to see where DC takes this.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want to say I am tired of all these obnoxiously self-assertive and impudent teens/kids that are disrespectful to adults that $#!% got old real quick for me. Oh also that can never mind their own business.

What I liked about Secret Warriors is that Nick Fury made them shut up, and learn to respect.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 the_stegman  Moderator

Man, us comic book fans seem to just rage over change, even if it's just speculation. Chill out and just read it first.

NightwingX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can some1 tell me if i'm wrong but didn't Grant Morrison state that Cassandra Cain would appear in one way or another?

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

#46  Edited By Arkhamc1tizen

oh god oh god

why dc why

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#47  Edited By nappystr8

I can absolutely see people not liking Carrie Kelley from Dark Knight Returns, or being upset that they brought her into the past (depending on how you do the math on Elseworlds). I can even understand the frustration that some people aren't getting the character they would have liked.

But the writing so far on Carrie Kelley in Batman & Robin has been really terrific, and I think that should speak for itself. It's clear that she isn't there as a gimmick, and whatever role she is going to play, it will be well thought out.

GalaxianEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My problem with all of this is that these issues are supposed to be Bruce interacting with the different members of the Bat-family as he deals with his grief... Yet, just look at "Batman & Red Robin", Tim was barely even in it, and "& Red Hodd" looks like it's going to have more Carrie than Jason as well...

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm still on the fence about having Carrie Kelley in this reality obviously. I think the concept is cool but I still just wonder about the necessity of it. The panels look great though!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well I hated Miller's story so could care less if she's Robin or not.....but i don't think that's how her character is being portrayed anyways. what i get from her appearance so far is actually something i would have been curious seeing happen with Damian's development.......a love interest. in many ways that was the next logical step for Damian as he came to accept Dick and other heroes, gained his father's approval, completely broke from his mother, and started following Bruce's philosophy on crime fighting. his development as Robin was pretty much done. it would have been time to start developing him more as Damian. that started with caring for Titus and i could have seen it continue through a relationship with Carrie. Maybe not a couple to start out, but as a friend removed from his life as Robin that would be the focus of his growth as a person rather than just as a cape.

that may be why she keeps cropping up, a glimpse for Bruce about the type of life and relationships Damian could have had. perhaps that will spur Bruce to seek a type of resurrection being demanded.