Art is awesome!

Dorko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Dorko

I don't think it's coincidence that they revealed these costumes on gay pride day NYC as they all look like they just came from the parade.

flame_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By flame_x

@Beast_in_the_Shadows said:

First of, he won't be using either the shield or the hammer. They are there to symbolize a defeat (if only temporary) of both Cap and Thor, and by extension the Avengers. Just look at the condition of both weapons. Dents, chinks and chunks broken off, neither is meant to look battle worthy but as trophies from defeated enemies. Also, it could be used to symbolize a defeat of both S.H.E.I.L.D. and H.A.M.M.E.R. tho I don't think they thought that far into it (but how cool would it be if they took advantage of the duel meanings)

The further this goes the less I see Cyke coming out of this alive. If he does live, it certainly won't be a graceful fall from power. I can get that he wants to help his people, but the methods he's chosen have made him seem like Magneto Jr. Separating mutants from non mutants won't help people understand each other. The less exposure either people has with the other, the more confusion concerning them they will have. The more confusion, the more fear. The more fear, the more tension.

Seriously how is stacking almost every mutant on their own little ominously floating island supposed to ease the minds of the ignorant who already fear mutants?

If he lives through this, I hope he realizes how far off the edge he went and he decides to take a sabbatical as leader to get his mind and priorities in order.

Well at first i was liking where u were going with ur analogy of the hammer and shield. lol then......I read further and became disappointed with ur other statements. I'm getting really tired of ppl calling Cyke Mag jr. like they are def different and stackin every mutant on one island is the safest thing for a species of less than 200 divided they fall, together they stand. And what else can the X-men do for humanity they have tried their WHOLE lives there are just too many ignorant ppl. And the Avengers are one of the most ignorant. Cyclops will survive this I just hope the aftermath is good for the Mutants. If your a die hard Avenger fan look past that and look at the X-Mens perspective, they deserve this let them finally have their peace.

monochrome0088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By monochrome0088

Thankfully i'm not too upset at the changes being made in the X-Men because the X-Men seem to have been on a downward slope for a while now. Particularly Cyclops. Face it, his nickname of "Magneto jr." has been well earned by his actions, I do not see this event boding well for the X-Men.

I can understand the desperation at loosing ones people driving someone to extreme actions, but is it just me, or have the actions of the X-Men since the introduction of the Phoenix been bordering less on crazy, and more on stupid. Would they really have me believe that they would risk the entirety of the planet Earth (And by inclusion, all of the mutants) just for a gamble that some teenager who happened to be the first mutant born after M-Day would somehow be a sort of Messiah, and would somehow channel the power of the Phoenix (Something that not even Jean Grey could do right) and restore mutantkind even though it has been clearly stated that the only way to reverse the Scarlet Witch's spell is if she does it herself.

Logic itself is against the X-Men on this point.

P.S. Those costumes are horrific

Cyclops is Nightwing wearing Judge Dredd's helmet

Emma somehow managed to make herself look even sluttier than before (And for Emma, this is quite an achievement)

Illyana looks like a BSDM queen

Colossus looks like he dropped in from the Medival era

And Namor looks like a stripper

SupahForeigner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#105  Edited By SupahForeigner

@monochrome0088 said:

Thankfully i'm not too upset at the changes being made in the X-Men because the X-Men seem to have been on a downward slope for a while now. Particularly Cyclops. Face it, his nickname of "Magneto jr." has been well earned by his actions, I do not see this event boding well for the X-Men.

I can understand the desperation at loosing ones people driving someone to extreme actions, but is it just me, or have the actions of the X-Men since the introduction of the Phoenix been bordering less on crazy, and more on stupid. Would they really have me believe that they would risk the entirety of the planet Earth (And by inclusion, all of the mutants) just for a gamble that some teenager who happened to be the first mutant born after M-Day would somehow be a sort of Messiah, and would somehow channel the power of the Phoenix (Something that not even Jean Grey could do right) and restore mutantkind even though it has been clearly stated that the only way to reverse the Scarlet Witch's spell is if she does it herself.

Logic itself is against the X-Men on this point.

P.S. Those costumes are horrific

Cyclops is Nightwing wearing Judge Dredd's helmet

Emma somehow managed to make herself look even sluttier than before (And for Emma, this is quite an achievement)

Illyana looks like a BSDM queen

Colossus looks like he dropped in from the Medival era

And Namor looks like a stripper

That last point made me laugh but I also agreed. I like the variant cover, very nice (shame about how he did Emma's feet...they look...not normal?) but a bit inside of me raged when I saw Cyclops holding both Captain America's shield and Mjolnir. I find that it's going to far with the power, I like Cyclops but tbh his not worth the power of the phoenix, and definitely not worthy of also holding Mjolnir "Hammer of the Gods" and Captain America's shield which has huge symbolic meaning in the Marvel Universe(or at least I think it does). I dislike seeing when one group has stupid amount of power in comparison to the other (even though I'm not the biggest fan of the Avengers), and I cannot honestly wait to see the fall of the Phoenix Five. Although I don't want to see any of them perish....maybe Namor but that's about it.

Mildor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Mildor

Haha , yeah since when due the xmen are under the wing of Nightwing

growup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#107  Edited By growup

why is cyclops got a v shape over his crotch? how did that get published?

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#108  Edited By htb106

I love the cover but I just can't get it into my head that it's not Nightwing!

Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#109  Edited By Omega-Man

I want to know how Marvel got away with Cyke's costume? I mean it's obviously Nightwing inspired.

KDarkholme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By KDarkholme

I love everyone's PF costume's. Especially Magik's. But yea things don't look too hot for them.

Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#111  Edited By Omega-Man

@broo1232: @broo1232 said:

@jorgeareizaga said:

this is horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marvel is a garbage Cyclops is a chep copy of Nightwing!

I think Cyclops came before Nightwing.

Really the only thining similar to the two is that they were leaders of a teenaged hero team. Well besides the now obvious rip off of Nightwing's costume Cyke has here. But as for creation Grayson was made two decades before Summers. Grayson was made in the 40s to boost sales because Batman was doing bad in sales. As for Scott he was made in the 60s so Really the characters themselves Grayson was made before Summers but as for the nightwing identity that came later for him. But not the aspect of Grayson being a leader of a hero team.

Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Stormultt

Worst storyline ever.

huser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By huser

@Bestostero said:

Nightwing with Cyclops visor, Thor's hammer, and Cap's shield.

Just needs a suitable belt...

tjx_penn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#114  Edited By tjx_penn

Cyclops has always had the leadership skills to command but now he has the actual power to back it up (not to mention a sweet new nightwing-esque costume). its almost enough to make me turn coat the avengers... almost

Rowen545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#115  Edited By Rowen545

I will read before i judge, I actually have hope that this event might fix some of the problems that have been afflicting the X-Men for awhile now.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By ssejllenrad

Stop with the Nightwing jokes! Cykes has and always be original in my eyes....

Wait...

Awwwwww crap Cykes! Now you gonna rip-off my man Supes? F-You man! F-You!

CrimsonTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#117  Edited By CrimsonTempest
@buttersdaman000 said:
@zachkastner said:

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

@CrimsonTempest said:

Since when does Nightwing wears a visor? And underwear?

My question is when are people going to stop making jokes about how he looks like Nightwing? They aren't funny or original.

But... neither is his outfit :D

ba dum tshh
Greatest comment ever. Give zach and butters a damn medal!