Marvel Teaser: Who Will Shape the Future of Marvel NOW?

• 164 results
The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 2

#151  Edited By The Mast

I am sick of being dumped on in favour of new fans who won't put effort in, solely because they think they can rely on me and I'll always be there. I'm reading maybe three Marvel books now, none are event-related,

It's disgusting. This myth about the impenetrable nature of comics needs to go. My first issue was Daredevil #187. I did the work.

Hivemind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By Hivemind

I treat it like all "MARVELNOW" stuff and just drop the "W" off the end.

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#153  Edited By gravitypress

SHIELD sucks. Keep them in a comic all their own. I don't want my heroes to be Govt. stoolies.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By lykopis

Another Viner told me a ways back this was coming, although he still hoped it wouldn't come to pass. Disney owns Marvel -- and crossing their products for maximum payout is just good business sense. The Avengers did spectacularly well - and so, here we are.

I am more perturbed over all the books being cancelled, but not as much as I would have been if other favourites like X-23 and Daken were not cancelled already. Its too bad about Ghostrider as well -- that was some fantastic writing there that is now poof.

As for Legacy, outside of Rogue no longer heading it, there's no real loss. I'm not complaining at all about this decision, I can't see anyone being truly surprised by it.

(edited because I am uber tired)

the3rdborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By the3rdborn

I hate nick fury jr keep the black nick fury in the ultimate universe hopfully they kill him off and bring back the original

Maniac2312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#156  Edited By Maniac2312

But it's not a time travel story "Axel Alonso Brian is bringing the original X-Men—the [Stan] Lee and [Jack] Kirby X-Men—into the present, and they’re here for the long haul. They’re going to see what the world has become, the hard road that got them here and, indeed, who made it this far. That’s going to make for years of fascinating stories."

How are they doing this?

Also for those that might be saying the movies have no influence here : "Axel Alonso: It is not a reboot. We don’t travel back in time, into the future, or to an alternate universe. Marvel NOW! respects the investment—emotional and financial—that long-term fans have made in the Marvel Universe, and this story takes place in a Marvel Universe they can recognize, one that grows out of Avengers Vs. X-Men. That said, these stories will be accessible to lapsed readers—the guy who likes, say, Captain America, but doesn’t know where to start—and anyone who saw a Marvel movie or heard the buzz about Marvel NOW!"

(bolded for emphases)

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/story/19008/marvel_now#ixzz20I5k9scq

Guess I need to read more AvX books......

Anyway ~falls on knees begging to Marvel~ please, please leave Daredevil alone, it's the only book I can get and you've messed with him enough in the past 14 years. ...wow, it's been that long???? Enough of this madness!!

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Skaddix

no one cares about the orginal five. they failed by themselves. anad is what built the house of x.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to agree with some of the downers written herein (though not all). The stories coming out of Marvel are, for the most part, wanting. When's the last time we've truly read an exciting and engrossing story out of Marvel without "gimme a break" gimmicks?

I like Wolverine. But only collect his main title sporadically. What does that tell you? Right. Heck, I think the last really good Wolverine story I read was Old Man Logan.

Damn I miss the Miller days ... and Claremont's take too to be honest (not all, but he had some really good material. Especially where Logan is concerned ... back in the day).

All that said, I would really not be averse to a complete reboot, ground zero, with new creative talent and new takes (while respecting their core) on our beloved icons mixed in with the old. I really wouldn't. I fact, I'm absolutely convinced I could write one of the most epic Wolverine reboot stories ... evah! Mwa ha ha ha!

I have hope for October. I'll wait and see before pulling my hair out.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By JohnnyGat

I would have been okay with Black Nick Fury had they at least kept him looking a bit more unique from the Ultimate Nick Fury even a good shave. I'm so used to big companies caving in that it doesn't bother me so long as it does enough to separate it from accepted alternate versions.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they should have a nick fury movie

Avatar image for emperormeister734
Emperormeister734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 10

I'm happy for Nick Fury Jr. following his father's footsteps, but where is Nick Fury himself is he dead or in hiding again

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Umbraa

Again, Nick Fury Sr is a part of two books and a mini! Fury Max, Defenders and Winter Soldier. If that's "hate" then I hope they hate more characters. This is basically why the Internet chatter goes mostly ignored. Smh

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Umbraa

If you are not buying Defenders, Max Fury or Winter Soldier...you really don't have a say in complaining..and if you were reading those...or following Sr...you would know he is landing with the Defenders and that he is part of the Winter Soldier cast.

Imperius_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Imperius_Rex

I wouldn't be surprised if they name him Samuel j fury