Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gmanfromheck

New Ongoing Series Begins In July Featuring Marvel’s First Avenger

No Caption Provided
Marvel Entertainment is proud to announce Captain America #1, the first issue of an all new ongoing series premiering in July from two of the comic industry’s most acclaimed creators—writer Ed Brubaker (Death of Captain America) and artist Steve McNiven (Civil War)!

Steve Rogers is back as Captain America but when a mysterious figure from his past returns with the Sentinel of Liberty in his crosshairs, deadly secrets will surface—and send shockwaves through the lives of everyone Steve holds dear. An all-new, high octane Captain America series begins here, just in time for the First Avenger’s highly anticipated feature film from Marvel Studios.

“I gave myself a few challenges for this new #1 - I wanted to do the perfect Cap comic for anyone who walks out of the Cap movie and wants to know what's next, but it also had to build on everything I've done on the book beforehand, too, and feel like the natural next step,” explained Brubaker. “Thank  God Brevoort wrangled me Steve McNiven to pull all this off. Steve is at the top of his game, and no one draws action like him. I can't wait for these issues to start coming out.”

McNiven revealed, “Captain America has been a character I've wanted to work on in more depth since Civil War, a real icon of the Marvel Universe. Not only do I get to run with Cap, but Ed Brubaker, a guy who has redefined the character at Marvel, is writing the books and he's come up with an absolutely brilliant storyline that I can't wait for folks to read.”

Perfect for readers new and old alike, the extra-sized Captain America #1 kicks off the next big chapter in the life of Steve Rogers, courtesy of superstars Ed Brubaker and Steve McNiven!

CAPTAIN AMERICA #1
Written by ED BRUBAKER
Pencils & Cover by STEVE MCNIVEN
Cover by STEVE MCNIVEN
Variant Cover by OLIVIER COIPEL
Variant Cover by NEAL ADAMS
Variant Cover by TBA
Movie variant available
Blank cover also available
Rated T+ …$3.99
ON SALE IN JULY 

Neil Adams variant 
Neil Adams variant 

Olivier Coipel variant 
 Olivier Coipel variant 
Chane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Chane

Unsurprised and underwhelmed.  

Plus, numbering resets make me a sad panda. What was the point (other than $) of going to #600 awhile back?

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#3  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

“I gave myself a few challenges for this new #1 - I wanted to do the perfect Cap comic for anyone who walks out of the Cap movie and wants to know what's next, but it also had to build on everything I've done on the book beforehand, too, and feel like the natural next step,” explained Brubaker.  

In other words, "We were afraid that people wouldn't buy our comic if Steve wasn't Cap after they saw the film, so instead we threw away years of character growth and amazing storylines with Bucky because of a two hour movie." Yeah Marvel, thanks for the big slap in the face to ever Bucky fan on earth.....jerks -___-
shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By shawn87

AWESOME!!! 

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#5  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

noooooooooooooooooooooo i want Buckkkkkkky

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Backflip

So.. What about Bucky and Steve's position as the New Nick Fury of 616... All thrown out of the window?

A_O_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7  Edited By A_O_N

What was the point of the last 3 years of Cap run? Soooooooo dissapointed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

So typical.
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By InnerVenom123
"I'll b_tch and moan now, but I'll end up buying it anyway."~ Internet fanbase
Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Meh

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By Lvenger

We all knew this was going to happen. On the one hand I'm glad to see Steve back as Cap as he is Captain America to me. On the other hand this is Marvel basically screwing Bucky over in favour of Steve in order to appeal to the wider masses. At least give Bucky his own series. Given the hype the Cap movie will generate you can probably afford it. Still should be interesting. Brubaker knows how to handle Steve let's hope he can do it again.

Pizawle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Pizawle

Completely expected.

I'm sure it'll be a great book but it is a shame as well.

StarKiller809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

#13  Edited By StarKiller809

Good. I was looking to get into Captian America after seeing the movie trailer, but I didn't know where, but looks like there will be a number 1 coming out. 1 is always a good place to start.
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Lvenger said:
" We all knew this was going to happen. On the one hand I'm glad to see Steve back as Cap as he is Captain America to me. On the other hand this is Marvel basically screwing Bucky over in favour of Steve in order to appeal to the wider masses. At least give Bucky his own series. Given the hype the Cap movie will generate you can probably afford it. Still should be interesting. Brubaker knows how to handle Steve let's hope he can do it again. "
if they dont give bucky his own book I think i will just drop captain America altogether.
RightScar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RightScar

The Neil Adams variant is so ass it don't make no sense.You would think for a book as epic as this Djurdjevic would be doing a variant..or at least Leinil Yu,Maybe Ross.Neil Adams? Honestly WTF...

Avatar image for omertalvendetta
Omertalvendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Omertalvendetta

Brubaker has written Bucky like a wimp in the last few Captain America books anyways; it's almost like he's trying to show us that Steve Rogers was and always will be the better Captain America. Before you respond to me, though, for real go read those issues and look at it from this perspective... Bucky is always getting beat up and every single time who comes to the rescue, either Falcon, Black Widow or Steve... every... single... time...  Brubaker has shown us that Bucky sucks as Cap, maybe he can only be Winter Soldier.

Btw, I don't sway either way, I personally like both Bucky and Steve as Captain America, so I really have no preference either way.  It's just something I've noticed lately.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lvenger
@spiderbat87:  They may not out of fear of it looking like they copied DC. But Bucky definitely deserves his own book. And am I right in thinking this comes about not only as a result of the Captain America movie but also after the Trial of Captain America, Bucky is in prison and Steve is filling Bucky's shoes. Actually now I think about it Steve should join the main avengers team and Bucky should lead the Secret Avengers! He'd be better suited to the covert missions the Secret Avengers have to face. Again that's just my perspective but he should keep the Cap suit for that and wield an energy shield or something as well as his additional weaponry
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Lvenger said:
" @spiderbat87:  They may not out of fear of it looking like they copied DC. But Bucky definitely deserves his own book. And am I right in thinking this comes about not only as a result of the Captain America movie but also after the Trial of Captain America, Bucky is in prison and Steve is filling Bucky's shoes. Actually now I think about it Steve should join the main avengers team and Bucky should lead the Secret Avengers! He'd be better suited to the covert missions the Secret Avengers have to face. Again that's just my perspective but he should keep the Cap suit for that and wield an energy shield or something as well as his additional weaponry "
I am pretty sure bucky will die. In the futer dosnt the hulk say somthing about him dieing then old tony stark say sumit about them not telling him?
Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

cool cover

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lvenger
@spiderbat87:  Oh yes in the 1st avengers arc. I remember now. Yeah that could be what happens to Bucky. Although the future they visited was only one of many. There are many futures in the Marvel universe so it is unclear as to what the future will be. In any case I hope they give Bucky a good send off
Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#21  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! SWEET JESUS YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!  

MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED 

PRAY WITH ME EVEREYBODY,THANK JESUS FOR BLESSED MIRACLE 

The devil thought he had me, Ahhhhhh but I run
Father God Lord Jesus
Creator of Heaven and of Earth
We come before you right now
Somebody called a burden barer
Somebody called you the heavy load carrier
Somebody called you the will in the middle of a will
But I'd like to call you the creator of all things right now

For you put a leaf on a limb
And a limb on a branch
And a branch on a tree
And the tree on some roots
And the roots in the dirt
And the dirt in a hole
And a hole in the ground
And the green grass grew all around and around
The green grass grew all around Jesus

I want to thank ya

for chicken

Thank God for chicken
Didn't have to do it but he did
Gave 'em two legs,
two thighs
two brefesah,
two wings
a little Hot sauce on 'em and,
I can hear that chicken tonight Lord
As he offers up a sacrifice of praise

I believe I can fry
Grab a skillet cut the fire on high !!!!!! 

Accept No Substitutes!!!!!!
Accept No Substitutes!!!!!!

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By TypingKira
@Avenging-X-Bolt: SO. . . you're happy about this then. . . 
Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#23  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
@TypingKira:
i was hamming it up but yes i prefer Steve as Cap
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Lvenger said:
" @spiderbat87:  Oh yes in the 1st avengers arc. I remember now. Yeah that could be what happens to Bucky. Although the future they visited was only one of many. There are many futures in the Marvel universe so it is unclear as to what the future will be. In any case I hope they give Bucky a good send off "
yea but if you remember old tonys time line he had most of the stuff he had wrote down has come true so far so...
TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@InnerVenom123 said:
" "I'll b_tch and moan now, but I'll end up buying it anyway."~ Internet fanbase "
Believe it or not, I'm going to attempt the impossible and actually try to prove this common fact wrong.....and fail epically xP

@Lvenger said:
" We all knew this was going to happen. On the one hand I'm glad to see Steve back as Cap as he is Captain America to me. On the other hand this is Marvel basically screwing Bucky over in favour of Steve in order to appeal to the wider masses. At least give Bucky his own series. Given the hype the Cap movie will generate you can probably afford it. Still should be interesting. Brubaker knows how to handle Steve let's hope he can do it again. "
I agree, I mean why not do what DC is doing with Dick and Bruce. Dick get's the main Batman series and Batman and Robin while Bruce get's Batman Inc. and that Dark Knight series. Can't we just keep the main Captain America series going with Bucky and just give Steve a new series with just a slightly different title like "Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty"? Or at least the other way around, I mean seriously....Marvel, is that just too much to ask for? -__-

What also ticks me off is that Marvel is doing this because of the movie, because they think that RIGHT when people walk out of the movies their going to be saying "hey, let's go get some comic books!!!" and they think that if the main character who those people saw in the movie isn't the same one in the comic, they won't buy it. But the fact is that almost everyone I know have seen Iron Man at least once since it came out (all the way back in 2008 mind you) along with Iron Man 2 and to this day NONE of them have even showed the slightest hint of wanted to go to a comic book store and buy Invincible Iron Man. But because Marvel think that these movies are able to brainwash the masses into buying their comics they take years of hard work, character developments, and amazing storylines and throw them all out the window just for a two hour movie, for people who most likely will NEVER pick up a comic book about Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, Spider-Man, Batman, ect and for the dedicated fans (like myself personally) who have been reading all of those amazing stories and have been paying Marvel for years get a big "screw you".....
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By InnerVenom123
@War Killer: I'm pissed at this move as well, but one must remember that comics are a business, and the movies are bound to generate new readers..... who usually go for the old stuff first and then read to the current if they have half a brain, but I digress...
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By danhimself

Brubaker writing and McNiven on art?  I could care less about Bucky not being Cap and them starting over with issue 1...the number on the cover is such a trivial thing to care about....this book is going to be good

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By InnerVenom123

Am I the only one who liked the new Cap featured in the .1 issue, albeit briefly? I mean, damn, Steve training him to be Cap while Bucky's gone (just in case) would make for a more interesting story than this predictable (marketable) stuff...

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By InnerVenom123

Also: who bets that to get out of the Russian jail, Bucky will once again become Winter Soldier? Who freaking bets?

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@InnerVenom123 said:
" @War Killer: I'm pissed at this move as well, but one must remember that comics are a business, and the movies are bound to generate new readers..... who usually go for the old stuff first and then read to the current if they have half a brain, but I digress... "
Honestly it's not even about Steve becoming Cap again that's got me mad, it's the fact that when I started reading Captain America it was right when Bucky became Cap and every since he's become my favorite character and now it feels as if all those stories that I loved reading and that made me love the character are being thrown aside all because of a two hour movie.

What's annoying though is that we don't even know what Marvel's going to do with Bucky, I feel as if they're just going to throw him into Steve's supporting cast now and he'll just slowly fade away in Steve's shadow, I mean if Marvel would just say that they're still planning big things for Bucky then I'd shut up right now about the whole thing, but the fact that they haven't even mentioned him is what bothers me the most.
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By InnerVenom123
@War Killer:@InnerVenom123 said:
" Also: who bets that to get out of the Russian jail, Bucky will once again become Winter Soldier? Who freaking bets? "

Seriously. I bet he'll have to bribe his way out with some kind of assassin job as Winter Soldier again. :P
TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@InnerVenom123 said:
" @War Killer:@InnerVenom123 said:
" Also: who bets that to get out of the Russian jail, Bucky will once again become Winter Soldier? Who freaking bets? "
 Seriously. I bet he'll have to bribe his way out with some kind of assassin job as Winter Soldier again. :P "
Lol, Personally if he can't be Cap anymore, I'd like to see him as the new U.S.Agent if it comes down to it.
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By InnerVenom123
@War Killer: That'd be interesting.
Mumbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Mumbles

don't like the relaunch, but love the team

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@War Killer said:
" @InnerVenom123 said:
" @War Killer: I'm pissed at this move as well, but one must remember that comics are a business, and the movies are bound to generate new readers..... who usually go for the old stuff first and then read to the current if they have half a brain, but I digress... "
Honestly it's not even about Steve becoming Cap again that's got me mad, it's the fact that when I started reading Captain America it was right when Bucky became Cap and every since he's become my favorite character and now it feels as if all those stories that I loved reading and that made me love the character are being thrown aside all because of a two hour movie.  What's annoying though is that we don't even know what Marvel's going to do with Bucky, I feel as if they're just going to throw him into Steve's supporting cast now and he'll just slowly fade away in Steve's shadow, I mean if Marvel would just say that they're still planning big things for Bucky then I'd shut up right now about the whole thing, but the fact that they haven't even mentioned him is what bothers me the most. "
I'm at least 70% sure Bucky is going to die
Alternaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Alternaut

GUYZ......U MAD????
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Lvenger
@spiderbat87:  True I suppose. Still we won't know until the issue is published. Or until Marvel hints at it.

@War Killer: I know that's what I was saying as well. It may be copying but it would be good to do that. And you are right in that the movies don't increase sales. Sure they increase the general awareness of Marvel's other characters just as Green Lantern will this year and perhaps the viewers of the films will like the characters but only their film counterparts not their comic book versions. They're not going to get a flood of new readers just due to the films. In relation to Marvel's screw you comment, Thor, Captain America and Green Lantern do seem to be keeping to the source material in most respects. But it's a case of balancing the source material and what would be suitable in a film. That's just my view on it and I hope Marvel and DC don't do a big screw you to fans such as myself and you just to appease the masses who haven't read a comic book
daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#39  Edited By daredevil21134

Glad to see Steve take  back his rightful place as Captain America
TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I dont understand why they couldn't make steves on-going book like Steve Rogers: Super-Solder and just keep Bucky as Captain America

Justinpants21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Justinpants21
@War Killer said:
"

“I gave myself a few challenges for this new #1 - I wanted to do the perfect Cap comic for anyone who walks out of the Cap movie and wants to know what's next, but it also had to build on everything I've done on the book beforehand, too, and feel like the natural next step,” explained Brubaker.  

In other words, "We were afraid that people wouldn't buy our comic if Steve wasn't Cap after they saw the film, so instead we threw away years of character growth and amazing storylines with Bucky because of a two hour movie." Yeah Marvel, thanks for the big slap in the face to ever Bucky fan on earth.....jerks -___- "

I couldn't agree with you more.
RightScar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By RightScar

I don't see why they try to make comics to match the movies.I mean I'm sure that gets more people to read the books but the movies suck.Marvel is going to make that money anyway.Nobody that is already reading Captain America (which is alot of people) is just going to jump ship because Bucky is Cap when the movie came out.The movie isn't out yet so it's a little early to say this but I don't expect this movie to be good anyway.Most Marvel movies aside from Iron Man 2 and Spider-Man 2 have been complete and utter garbage anyway.

Justinpants21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Justinpants21
@Lvenger said:
"We all knew this was going to happen. On the one hand I'm glad to see Steve back as Cap as he is Captain America to me. On the other hand this is Marvel basically screwing Bucky over in favour of Steve in order to appeal to the wider masses. At least give Bucky his own series. Given the hype the Cap movie will generate you can probably afford it. Still should be interesting. Brubaker knows how to handle Steve let's hope he can do it again."

Yeah i could live with it maybe if Bucky got his own series. I still would hope he'd keep the cap costume though, i think it looks awesome. But if marvel decides to kill him or turn him it'll be very hard for me to pick up a Cap book for a long time.
ddaann1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45  Edited By ddaann1985
@Chane:  Dont worry, I thought that was about to happen too, but the Captain America series from now is going on stil, where gonna get 2 Captain America comics.
The new one with a number 1 tag named simply Captain America.
Then there is the old Cap series who will change it's name to Captain America and Bucky with issue 620 :)
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#46  Edited By Mercy_

I am so unenthused about this. I loveeeeeeeee the creative team but I HATE the concept.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#47  Edited By entropy_aegis

It would have been better had it actually been planned and not just hushed up due to the movie.I have a feeling DC is doing the same to Bane in Secret Six.Shamless publishers.
kal-el09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By kal-el09

oh yeah about time he's back in the suit!!!!!....don't get me wrong i loved bucky as cap, in fact it would be cool if he was still cap, but now they're making a captain america and bucky series, so i can't wait to see bucky's new costume change!!!!!

Iron_Lad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Iron_Lad
@kal-el09 said:
" oh yeah about time he's back in the suit!!!!!....don't get me wrong i loved bucky as cap, in fact it would be cool if he was still cap, but now they're making a captain america and bucky series, so i can't wait to see bucky's new costume change!!!!! "
Bucky's not going to getting a new costume. There's a very good chance he's going to die. Why else would Steve go back to being Captain America?
DKing_CiCADA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By DKing_CiCADA

This sucks I agree that this is a slap in the face just for a movie. Me and my friend had this conversation about how we see Steve has a higher position leading the secret avengers and being in charge of shield, but now he is going backwards and what about Bucky? Everything he had to go through and facing all his past mistakes as the winter soldier he redeems himself by being cap and now they are taking that away! Steve going back now is like saying Nick Fury is a super hero, quote from Daywing