Mark Waid and Mark Bagley Smash into HULK #1

• 61 results
Nefilim927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

@theacidskull: I know in the beginning it was a little rough as Steve Dillon was the artist but the story itself was interesting (I liked the idea of Hulk waking up and not knowing where Evil Banner has left him or why and how Hulk had to stay angry)

GrimoireMyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By GrimoireMyst

What if the fact he was shot isn't going to be the focus but where he was shot maybe? In an area his guard was down as he thought he was safe from surprise attacks making him see certain allies that could be actual enemies.

He also could have been shot by someone he trusted and his mind blacked out who it could have been out of disbelief. I mean out of any hero ever who has more of a unique psychological makeup that hides so many mysteries among the many different personalities than Hulk. lol

Nefilim927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

@theacidskull: Ouch...you are right though. I was never clear on how the transformation is supposed to work as well as him retaining any intelligence, maybe some of that will be addressed in the new run. I know they kind of tried to explain his differences in personality in the new series by blaming the fluctuating time stream.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#56  Edited By Lvenger

In relation to Banner getting shot going against past attempts, it's possible that Hulk only reacts to Banner's attempts at suicide as a defense mechanism. Someone else shooting him may not trigger that same response. Plus it'll have to be an adamantium or vibranium bullet that puts Banner in a coma with some special properties to it. Even if the answers aren't resolved, that'll be part of the mystery behind this new series. Something like this neat comment

@grimoire said:

What if the fact he was shot isn't going to be the focus but where he was shot maybe? In an area his guard was down as he thought he was safe from surprise attacks making him see certain allies that could be actual enemies.

He also could have been shot by someone he trusted and his mind blacked out who it could have been out of disbelief. I mean out of any hero ever who has more of a unique psychological makeup that hides so many mysteries among the many different personalities than Hulk. lol

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: So that applies to outside shootings as well? OK it needs to be a special bullet then, you're right as per usual on matters pertaining to the Hulk :P

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@theacidskull: So that applies to outside shootings as well? OK it needs to be a special bullet then, you're right as per usual on matters pertaining to the Hulk :P

IF banner is aware that he is about to get shot he'll most likely transform WAY before the bullet reaches him, even if it is point blank. But if he is unaware, he can get hit, but that varies with writers.

The latter is what I was speculating about being possible so thanks for the info mate.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I hope that Waid does it justice this time around... And Aarons Hulk was about as bad as his Thor God of Thunder is good, they are literally on the 2 polar opposites of the spectrum. I can understand how some people liked the idea of it(i was the same) but the execution was downright terrible.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#63  Edited By GhostRavage

Im guessing Shrapnel piece in Banner's persona once again?

And Aaron's run was pure bullsh*t... The ONLY cool thing it had was the art of the first 3 issues by Marc Silvestri, besides that, the whole run sucked hard. Incredibly boring and that Hulk was annoyingly weak.