Image Comics Announces WALKING DEAD 1:0000 Retailer Variant Cover

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The 150th issue of THE WALKING DEAD is nearly upon us. Image Comics and Skybound have announced a special opportunity for comics retailer who order at least zero copies of THE WALKING DEAD #150. Retailers that meet this minimum order of zero copies will receive one free variant featuring art by series artist Charlie Adlard.

No Caption Provided

The Retailer Appreciation variant is a black and white version of Adlard's Cover A. The issue will contain 30 pages of story for only $2.99. In the issue, Rick Grimes will find himself...betrayed.

THE WALKING DEAD #150, Cover A by Adlard & Stewart (Diamond Code: NOV150561*), Cover B sketch variant (Diamond Code: NOV150562*), Cover C by Latour (Diamond Code: OCT158896*), Cover D by Moore (Diamond Code: OCT158897*), Cover E by Ottley (Diamond Code: OCT158898*), and the Retailer Appreciation Cover F by Adlard (Diamond Code: NOV158259) will hit comic book stores on Wednesday, January 13th.

AtomicHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Zero copies? So they get one copy for nothing? What if a retailer would like more than one?

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

I don't even understand news anymore. The world has gone mad. I see bearded spocks everywhere. I've slipped into an altenrate dimension.

Seriosuly, I don't know what this article is about. Is this a typo or some sort of promotion that is too clever for it's own good. Or am I just being stupid. It's been a crazy week.

Ethan_Ricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Ethan_Ricks

*Spoilers because mobile doesn't allow spoilers*

So is the betrayal going to be Dwight, or is that supposed to be a red herring? I don't know if it's just me but I feel like the writing of the series has gotten significantly worse ever since the wary hundreds, and especially since they're turning Negan into a bit of a Creators Pet in my opinion.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

@batwatch: Often retailers have to order a certain amount of the regular comic to get a variant. Like a 1:25 means they can order one variant if they order 25 of the regular. Sometimes variants are based on previous orders of a comic. This is saying they can get the retailer variant even if they don't order any copies of the regular. This should also mean stores can only get one single copy of this variant so that could make it more rare, etc.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#5  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@atomichammer: @batwatch: It basically means 1 copy per store (not sure how it works for chain stores these days, it might be one per store or one per account), the store can order a thousand copies of the other five covers or zero and the store can still get one Retailer Appreciation variant or if a store doesn't want it they don't have to order it and they can still order the other covers. This kind of promotion has happened before in the past a few times with DC and Marvel but I don't recall Image doing it before.

I gotta say that is a pretty weak cover for something so limited, the ones in the past have been unique.

Avatar image for comicvine_is_jericho529
comicvine_is_jericho529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that cover looks dull IMO

But people will of course buy it up because its rare...oh no excuse me.. RE-SELLERS will buy them up probably camp outside 2 hours before store opens (pathetic lol)

So they can sell it online for more than $100 lol

Does anyone just READ the comics anymore or must it all be tied into some speulatting scheme for some people. Notice i said SOME people so don't reply to this is if you are NOT one of the people I'm mentioning thinking i offended you.

Capsfan34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Capsfan34

If like to have it in my collection. But like was stated before, it will most likely be sold on eBay for hundreds of dollars. Also if the only way a retailer can get it is to not order issue 150, I don't see that happening.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

@g_man said:

@batwatch: Often retailers have to order a certain amount of the regular comic to get a variant. Like a 1:25 means they can order one variant if they order 25 of the regular. Sometimes variants are based on previous orders of a comic. This is saying they can get the retailer variant even if they don't order any copies of the regular. This should also mean stores can only get one single copy of this variant so that could make it more rare, etc.

@atomichammer: @batwatch: It basically means 1 copy per store (not sure how it works for chain stores these days, it might be one per store or one per account), the store can order a thousand copies of the other five covers or zero and the store can still get one Retailer Appreciation variant or if a store doesn't want it they don't have to order it and they can still order the other covers. This kind of promotion has happened before in the past a few times with DC and Marvel but I don't recall Image doing it before.

I gotta say that is a pretty weak cover for something so limited, the ones in the past have been unique.

Ah. I see. Thanks for the info.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 pikahyper  Moderator

@capsfan34: it doesn't mean they can't order the main issue it just means they can get it whether they order the main issue or not.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 pikahyper  Moderator