First Look: THOR #1

Croi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This doesn't look interestin' at all. They're buildin' hype about somethin' a good percentage of fans either hate or just find it stupid. They're insultin' their readers and themselves. Shows a lack of creativity on their part, and a lack of consideration (what's new?) for their fans.

Avatar image for randolphdefreese1
randolphdefreese1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dark_stranger: never thought about her.when was the last time she was in comics?

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the art is amazing def gonna read

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Retailers: As Thor continues to garner unprecedented media attention from all corners of the mainstream press, retailers are strongly encouraged to check their orders on this highly anticipated first issue.

This gives me bad heeby jeebies. It pretty much proves that Marvel thinks of this as a gimmick. Hopefully Aaron can switch that current perception around.

Edstone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k_thor: So it's been stated that Angela is his sister?

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I, I like the art. But the idea of thor becoming unworthy and some chick becoming new thor bothers me greatly. At-least make it a guy becoming new thor if you really must give odinson the boot. (And im hoping a temporary one at that)

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel does not respect their characters on their fans anymore. Captain america, nick fury, and Thor, who's next?

greenlucario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, without God of Thunder and this I can add Winter Soldier so I guess that about evens things out.

K_Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By K_Thor

@edstone1 said:

@k_thor: So it's been stated that Angela is his sister?

"Spinning out of the events of Original Sin, Angela, an angel from the tenth realm has learned her true heritage as an Asgardian daughter of Odin."

http://marvel.com/news/comics/2014/7/26/22965/sdcc_2014_angela_asgards_assassin

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k_thor said:

@fresh_prince: I understand you, Aaron made a spectacular run on Thor until now, and you still have some thrust on him, and as Thor big fan I want give it a shot to, but this marvel press release sentence don't let me, It's a publicity stunt that is offensive to the character long history in marvel comics.

“This is not She-Thor. This is not Lady Thor. This is not Thorita. This is Thor. This is the Thor of the Marvel Universe. But it’s unlike any Thor we’ve ever seen before,” says writer Jason Aaron.

Still have Loki and Angela books to read maybe the real and only Thor and Odinson Pops Up!!!

But it's not like Thor is getting a sex-change coz the real one is still going to be in the book. Let's just hope that the reasoning behind everything is turns out to be sound. I'm still going to be reading this book no matter what at least for the Thor parts and to see where this will lead for him.

@fresh_prince: isn't in your opinion this sentence "Who is this mysterious new God of Thunder? Not even Odin knows!" saying that Odin is back?

As Thor fan you also can't be happy when he lose his arm, could be in issue 1?

Jason Aaron is changing to much marvel give him to much power over the character.

Yeah Odin does come back. Loki finds him in hiding during Thor & Loki: The Tenth Realm #4. Also not really happy with Thor losing his arm... Reminds me too much of Bucky and it's a change that they can't just easily retcon because it's a whole arm that's gone.

I don't think the changes are all coming from Aaron though. He never showed any indication of wanting to have Thor be replaced by a female version during GoT. I think Marvel just planned this and told him what changes they wanted. He just had to find ways to make it happen.

K_Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fresh_prince: Changes are coming from Aaron!!!

Jason Aaron: "The latter. This is not the Thor we knew transformed into a woman. This is a new character; someone else picking up the hammer. I knew when I took over Thor that at some point I wanted to do a Beta Ray Bill-style story about somebody else wielding the hammer for awhile. It took me awhile to figure out what kind of story that should be and who the character should be".

Alonso: "This is coincidence, not editorial edict. Jason had an idea for "Thor," and Rick had ideas for both "Captain America" and an event he was planning -- "AXIS" -- that would profoundly affect Iron Man. They came to their ideas independently and they had to sell their editors first, then me, before we got my boss, Dan Buckley's approval".

CBR

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks good. I'm there.

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By The_Scourge

@k_thor: Oh wow I was unaware of this interview. At least the good news is that he's had a vision for this for quite some time already. I'm sure then that he can make it work since he's planned it out since he began writing Thor.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

*insert ridiculous, over-reactionary, semi-misogynistic vitriol here*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fresh_prince: I wouldn't believe everything he says. He also said he had planned all along for Thor to be come unworthy in original sin but that's clearly not the case.

K_Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By K_Thor

@jayc1324 said:

@fresh_prince: I wouldn't believe everything he says. He also said he had planned all along for Thor to be come unworthy in original sin but that's clearly not the case.

There i m with you, what a bad event no plan at all.

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Well apparently in the interviews he's had a plan for this all along but like I said earlier, I thought it wasn't planned because of the way it just happened in Original Sin. I won't believe everything he says but I also won't be so quick to judge him and Marvel when we don't fully know what the changes are going to be and what the reasons/explanations are yet.

Empurios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Okay I got a perfectly logical explanation for this that makes it a noncanoncal experimental adventure. You see Malekith watching Thor right? Well, he’s trapped Thor in a magical video game world(s) and locked Thor’s access to Mjolnir (ya, know since it’s a game). Another player comes along (mysterious female) and has a cheat that lets her use Mjolnir. When Thor attacks malekith he thinks he’s beaten that game but Malekith sends him back to level one (hence Thor #1). Over the next couple of issues we learn who this mysterious player is, how she got into the game, and how she got the Mjolnir cheat code.

*There are boss battles that range across the Nine Realms (or is it Ten?)\

*Don’t worry this pseudo video game/comic book series will be nothing like that other unmentionable game.

Spoilers

The series ends by Thor beating the game and unlocking Mjolnir (but not without loss ya know because all comics nowadays have to be gritty, grounded, and dark.)

Anybody got an idea about what All-New Captain America will be like?

Empurios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for alwaysthebigspoon
AlwaysTheBigSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks good and the Sara Pichelli and Esad Ribic variant covers look sooo good. I might actually buy them.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@croi said:

This doesn't look interestin' at all. They're buildin' hype about somethin' a good percentage of fans either hate or just find it stupid. They're insultin' their readers and themselves. Shows a lack of creativity on their part, and a lack of consideration (what's new?) for their fans.

Actually they're showing a ton of consideration for their fans, as many want to see something new and female readers want to more characters that they can relate to. And "a good percentage" is nothing more than the extremely loud and vocal minority.

Avatar image for teddy_the_god_killer
teddy_the_god_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only in the last couple of years I have gotten into Thor. But this is a big turn off. I can make many allowances but to say this new female IS Thor while the REAL Thor is still around makes the most crazy previous PIS seem more than logical.

It just seems to smell of a good idea gone awry and bolstered by over-enthusiastic management. It seems a bit strong to launch it, or should I say force it, into 616 as opposed to basing it somewhere else, because unless there is some amazing story and twist surely there is an invitation for some ridiculous retcon.

What will be next? DC make Supes and Batman gay lovers??? Don't laugh or chastise...it could happen. This would explain Bruce's lifelong misery, which he has used the death of his parents or whoever to hide behind.

And as for those coming from a strong feminist position...why accept a new Heroine that maintains a male' name. No sense of an individual identity. Similar to brides who take their husband's surnames. A name is a powerful thing

Just had an idea...maybe this will be like a courtroom drama and have the Female Thor battling the male Thor for rights to the name and she is being represented by She-Hulk...you never know, lots of room for good story...LOL

Poor_Censored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#173  Edited By Poor_Censored
Avatar image for teddy_the_god_killer
teddy_the_god_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poor_censored: They have a new DC animated feature coming out..."Justice League : Broke Back Mounting"

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

Never been interested in Thor but i'm debating jumping on this. It has me curious.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#176  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

I might buy it... Just to burn it.

F*ck you, Marvel.

jk. But for real tho. This is stupid as sh*t. You dun goof'd, Marvel.

Poor_Censored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#177  Edited By Poor_Censored

You know there is probably a lot of money to be made if Superman and Batman would finally hook up.

Avatar image for randolphdefreese1
randolphdefreese1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: never thought of that,her hair is really blonde.

Avatar image for the_beyonders_car
The_Beyonders_Car

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer the original thor but I just really hope this isn't for forever or I'm done with thor comics.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

@teerack: never thought of that,her hair is really blonde.

Even if it's not I could see it become blond as part of the transformation into Thor when the hammer is lifted.

kingmezidor7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The New Logo Is Very Innovative But The New Thor Is Nothing Less Than The Greatest Injustice For All Most Of All The Fans. If Marvel Wanted To Do A Female Line They Should Have Created The Appropriate Imprint To Showcase It As Such. Hardcore Comic Collectors And Lifelong Readers Are In Majority Males And We Are Fed Up With Marvel Forgetting Who Made Them The Conglomerate They Are Today. I'm Not Much Of A DC Fan But I Don't Think They Slick Enough To Put A Man In Wonder Woman Boots, Keep His Name Diana And Make Him Thee Chosen Amazon. So I Cram To Understand Why Marvel Is Even Going There. I Don't Wanna Read Bout A Female Thor , Honestly I Barely Could Stand Thor-Girl Was More Happy Than Her When She Decided To Return To Her Home Planet To Kick Moon Rocks . I Predict This New Female Thor Will Have Her 15 Minutes Of Fame And After 5 Miserable Issues Get Cancelled For The Return Of Our Favorite Son OdinSon Thor!

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff7bb3e3ca41
deactivated-5ff7bb3e3ca41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

looks good.. But oh my that ugly "thor" font design

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does she have black eyes that looks horrible

Avatar image for originalalchemist
originalalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1.) That logo is ingenious

2.) Seeing a more savage looking Thor wielding Jarnbjorn is Boss

3.) I'm totally a sucker for a mystery, so I will be buying this.

I hope this book is as good as this preview makes it look.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poor_censored said:

You know there is probably a lot of money to be made if Superman and Batman would finally hook up.

Even more money if they have GL and Flash hook up (which they kind of do in Multiversity)

MrGutts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sadly as much as Marvel wants to diversify it will not sell enough copies to keep it going.

Oh and why is her face totally covered? I don't know of any Asgardian that does that.

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By IDontLikeBirds

I'm going to go out a limb and do something unheard of in this industry and actually give this a try before passing judgment and see if I actually like it first. I'm also going to have faith in it because of the history of the writer who handled Thor in the past. So yeah, logic and stuff.

If I don't like it, no biggie, but the story is still supposed to follow the original Thor as well as the new one, and I've liked how Thor: God of Thunder has followed different Thor's in different times in his life. It'll be interesting to see him try to earn back his hammer and to see this other hero rise up. That's EXACTLY why I followed Superior Spider-man. I wanted to see Otto EARN the right to call himself Spider-man and see the character develop, and I loved that series.

chaddum96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By chaddum96

The helmet looks dumb and I wish she wasn't just called Thor because its going to cause confusion down the road.

Avatar image for gothicshieldagent
gothicshieldagent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it is ignorant,and simply Marvel catering to the monetary bottom line and not the readers. There was no need for creating a female Thor,it served no purpose whatsoever. There are many strong women characters so saying it was done to promote more female characters is a straight up cop-out and it isn't true. If it isn't broke,why fix it? To break it worse? Pointless.

Leigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_donar: I completely agree with your post! This just feels weird to me. Can't we just have a new character that kicks ass rather than a desperate grab at female readers by saying.. oohhhh .. here .. Thor's a chick now! Bam!

No. thank. you.

Gimmie back Thor.

GillaDro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bet they're just doing this to change the real Thor in someway so they can put out a new Thor#1 all over again. Marvel likes to number 1 titles to death.

Echo2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kinda sad they aren't calling her "twhore"

Purple_Shyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor? More like "Thot" am i right?

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So it's definitely a brand new character? I'll give the first issue a read then. :)

The logo/title is pretty cool.

kingfisher01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: I don't think it s à new character, she must have been on the moon during the original sin event... Carol danvers maybe...

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Isn't that just the shadow cast by the helmet/mask?

@mrgutts: I don't think she's Asgardian.

@kingfisher01: Carols Captain Marvel series is still going, so I'm not so sure. The line: "Prepare for an all-new era of the God of Thunder as a brand new female hero explodes into the Marvel Universe!" leaves me kind of unsure if it's a brand new character, or a civilian character who is now a hero.

@leigh said:

@thor_donar: I completely agree with your post! This just feels weird to me. Can't we just have a new character that kicks ass rather than a desperate grab at female readers by saying.. oohhhh .. here .. Thor's a chick now! Bam!

No. thank. you.

Gimmie back Thor.

Does the new Ms. Marvel fit this?

Leigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Leigh

@v_scarlotte_rose: I don't think so, personally. I want fresh blood. Not rehashed let's make dudes into girls, or girl version of a male character (a la Ms Marvel). I love the X-men for this reason! So many wonderful, creative and dynamic female characters. More of that please:) Don't you think?

K_Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers