gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

All roads have been leading to this! Today, Marvel is proud to present your first look at ORIGINAL SIN #7 – the penultimate chapter from New York Times Bestselling writer Jason Aaron (Thor: God of Thunder) and critically acclaimed artist Mike Deodato (New Avengers). The shocking final page of last issue kept fans on the edge of their seats, and now asOriginal Sin races towards its epic climax – the heroes of the Marvel Universe prepare for their final stand against…Nick Fury?

Operating in the shadows, Nick Fury has protected the Marvel Universe from unseen forces. Protecting the Marvel Universe by any means necessary, Fury has “guarded the wall” for decades right under the noses of both S.H.E.I.L.D. and the Avengers. Now, drained of the Infinity Formula that kept him youthful, the battle-hardened soldier is rapidly aging, his time left short. But his job is never done…

He’ll stop at nothing to protect the Marvel Universe from what’s coming – even if he has to go through the Avengers to do it! Armed with the Watcher’s eyes, the secrets and sins of the entire Marvel Universe are now at his disposal. The knowledge Uatu kept could now be their very undoing! How can anyone stand up against a tactical genius with access to all the heroes greatest weaknesses?

The series that critics have hailed “a riveting thriller” and “one hell of a story” is approaching the heart-stopping climax no fan can afford to miss. Open your eyes wide for ORIGINAL SIN #7 when it hits comic shops this August!

Everybody has one. This is Marvel’s ORIGINAL SIN!

Every issue of ORIGINAL SIN includes a code for a free digital copy of that same comic on the Marvel Comics app for iOS and Android devices. Additionally, each issue of ORIGINAL SIN features special augmented reality content available exclusive through the Marvel AR app – including cover recaps, behind the scenes features and more that add value to your reading experience at no additional cost.

ORIGINAL SIN #7 (JUN140605)

Written by JASON AARON

Art by MIKE DEODATO

Cover by JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO

Variant Cover by GABRIELE DELL’OTTO (JUN140606)

Teaser Variant by MIKE MCKONE (JUN140608)

Interlocking Battle Variant by ART ADAMS (JUN140607)

FOC – 07/21/14, On-Sale 08/13/14

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Stoked

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

So who shot him?

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Master_Thief

So it was fury?

I guess this whole story was just to say good bye to fury Sr.

Avatar image for marcosvergara14
MarcosVergara14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pay attention people this is how a big company finds a way to get ridd of one of they iconic characters by trying to be like their movies.

Nick Sr you allways gonna have my respect

CorruptedOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's Marvel, so it's okay if someone dies, they'll just comeback in 8 issues.

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im not a big marvel reader so i havnt read any of this but the idea of Fury going after the watchers eye seems kinda interesting..can anyone tell me if this is actually worth looking into?

BrotherEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

@viin said:

im not a big marvel reader so i havnt read any of this but the idea of Fury going after the watchers eye seems kinda interesting..can anyone tell me if this is actually worth looking into?

Jason Aaron's a good writer though I feel a bit... disappointed if this is all it came down to for Original Sin. Though conceptually, it adds a lot to Fury... you kind of get why he is a badass character. Even though it looks like his days are numbered and that he will forever be replaced by Sam Jackson style Nick Fury. Regardless, the reviews for this book have been decent so its not an abysmal failure or anything.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Pay attention people this is how a big company finds a way to get ridd of one of they iconic characters by trying to be like their movies.

Nick Sr you allways gonna have my respect

Well that's annoying...

Webhead_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So it was Fury? Was it supposed to be an unreveal? What about Panther repeatedly asking him about it and his sidestepping the question, was he just too cowardly to go ahead and admit it (also extending the book forever, UGH!)

copete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So this is Marvel's way to get rid of a classic? Why they cater so much to the fans who only care to watch the films?

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked it so far pretty cool :). I actually do like Nick Fury I just don't like the Other nick fury and shield.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Marvel looooooves to make their comics like the movies.

STOP.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope Fury beats the Avengers

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And now we wait. What will Thor do here to become unworthy? Kill Fury?

metroplex02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like a pretty damn stupid thing to do - leaving the Watcher's home unguarded. Nice one, Avengers.

KryptonSabbath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanted so much how of this "event" but yeah...

Supi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Supi

@corruptedowl:

Did the name Hawkman ring any bells??Not a Marvel character believe me...

To tell the truth I hate it when classic comic characters changed and turn them into a movie copycats....Next step is to make Heimdall black(already in the movies) and F4 Human torch also(because he will be in the upcoming one..)even if they belong for 50 years to the white/caucasian race...

Prodigy P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmph, is anyone really surprised by this?

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We'll miss you Fury.

kleo_94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@prodigy_p: Nope, not really. A bit disappointed, though.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I've been really enjoying this event. It's so over the top and weird. I will miss the real Nick Fury though.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I'm not sure I'm liking the direction this is going. It's been really amazing, but I don't think I like the idea of demonizing one of Marvel's greatest heroes in his last moments before he dies of super age.

CorruptedOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spulk: But that's his ability, Nth armor.

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By comedy_brosUSA

last issue was confusing. so was it fury who shot uatu?

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@copete: As much as I hate to tell you this its because that's where their getting a majority of their money. People who don't read comics outnumber the one's who do. If they ignored the mainstream audience they would go nowhere as a company. Just like how DC is going to make the Green Arrow comic more like the show. I bet a majority of the people who watch Arrow don't even know the comic exist, unfortunately it's the sad truth.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By kidchipotle

I don't think so. I think Fury is going to seem the big bad guy but by the end of issue 7 we'll find out the real killer

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comedy_brosusa said:

I don't think so. I think Fury is going to seem the big bad guy but by the end of issue 7 we'll find out the real killer

yeah. that seems like that will be what happens

Avatar image for thelaughingfish
TheLaughingFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After years of pointless retcons,
the Watcher finally reached his limit and shot himself...

Mars8254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah:

I don't have a huge problem with DC and Marvel doing this, but if the majority of the viewers of tv/movie shows don't read the comics. What's the point of changing it for them?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not a fury fan so I could care less if he dies but I understand how you fans feel, if he dies just to cater to movie fans. Ruining or getting rid of characters for stupid reasons always sucks, like with those and cap now.

Anyway, I am officially disappointed in original sin. No longer is it about the watcher. The whole thing was really about fury. That's not at all what was advertised. Not impressed with the idea of the original sins being revealed either.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kleo_94 said:

@prodigy_p: Nope, not really. A bit disappointed, though.

Me too. The only reason I'm following the book now is to see how leads into Bucky Barnes: The Winter Soldier series.

On another note, when I first saw that cover(with the face blotted out), I thought it was this guy:

Loading Video...

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mars8254 said:

@micah:

I don't have a huge problem with DC and Marvel doing this, but if the majority of the viewers of tv/movie shows don't read the comics. What's the point of changing it for them?

I don't have a problem with it either, I think its a smart business move on their part, since they know where their money is and their capitalizing on it. But to answer your question it's because the shows do bring in new viewers. An example would be If you have an average person who likes the Arrow TV show and then says "Hey I like this show, I think I may check out the comic to get more of my Arrow fix". Next thing you know they pick up the comic and it's nothing like the show, most of the characters you like are not there, the comic Green Arrow is different from the TV show Green Arrow, and Deathstroke is not a major player so far. Differences like that turn off potential new readers almost as fast as they turn them on, that's one of the reasons why Nick Fury Sr may being going bye-bye because Marvel needs to make the comic universe closer to the movie universe. However given the new changes Marvel has announced it could be argued that their not going that route, but still it's worth noting.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#33  Edited By fodigg

The concept of old man fury just makes me want to reread Fear Agent.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Steve and nick both old now.
Kids, DONT DO DRUGS!

I wanna see old Steve Vs Old Fury.

SuperiorBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh...this is marvels original sin? Replacing fury? Lame.

Supi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CorruptedOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spulk: Yup, ever heard of Futures End?

Supi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corruptedowl:

So bad eh?It seems they don't have good ideas anymore...

CorruptedOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spulk: Continuity aside, DC is actually really cool. That shouldn't come as a surprise

Supi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corruptedowl:

DC betrayed it's whole history with the NEW 52...They tried to gain NEW generation of readers(that they didn't come)and in the process they lost all of their older(that they were faithful in them for many years now)...I don't see anything cool in this.....

ivar17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And now we wait. What will Thor do here to become unworthy? Kill Fury?

Not necessarily... Thor unworthy sin could come from the spin off tenth realm angels stuff, 5.3, 5.4 or 5.5... (5.1 and 5.2 still worthy) ...

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By CaptainHoopla

@ivar17: Certainly possible, I'm not reading that so don't really know what's going on or where it's taking place. We do know based on the new Thor solicit that whatever he does to become unworthy takes place on the moon. I'd also be surprised if something this major happened in a tie-in book and not the main event, but who knows, wait and see.

ivar17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainhoopla: Yeah ...Jason Aaron mentioned in some interview that the mjolnir is in the moon...

The random chick then picks it up (Again Hate this Idea)...

CorruptedOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spulk: And yet they have the second best sales(marvel's only on top because they charge a whole dollar more;Ridiculous!). Besides, Marvel practically looked over DC's shoulder and said, "Hey, let's do that!". Whatever, like what you like.

ivar17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ivar17
No Caption Provided

@corruptedowl: At This point i hate marvel (Random chick with the hammer)

But The numbers are...

No Caption Provided

June 2014 Comic Book Sales Figures

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2014/2014-06.html

Supi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spulk: And yet they have the second best sales(marvel's only on top because they charge a whole dollar more;Ridiculous!). Besides, Marvel practically looked over DC's shoulder and said, "Hey, let's do that!". Whatever, like what you like.

I thought DC done the same with Marvel(NEW 52/Heroes Reborn)but Marvel's last only 1 year before they return to normal again...Don't take it so personnal man,we just talk here...

CorruptedOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spulk: No, I know, we are just to people stating their opinions. I like change, and I enjoy listening to other opinions.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It's like a car wreck. I can't help but want to see how bad of a wreck it is. This isn't the best of stories.