gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

That’s right, she’s back after a decade! This October, she returns to the fold for an all-new ongoing series as the highly anticipated JESSICA JONES #1 explodes onto the scene as part of Marvel NOW! From the original creative team of Brian Michael Bendis, Michael Gaydos and David Mack comes a brand new series that drags Jessica to the center of the Marvel Universe! There are still many secrets hiding in the shadows. Secrets only a special woman with talents like Jessica Jones can uncover. But when secrets from Jessica’s own past resurface, her caseload is about to get a whole lot heavier. Plus – just how did Jessica Jones wind up incarcerated in The Cellar – a prison designed to hold only the deadliest super villains? Find out in this blistering first issue when the eponymous heroine makes her triumphant return to comics in JESSICA JONES #1– on-sale this October!

JESSICA JONES #1 (AUG160842)

Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS

Art by MICHAEL GAYDOS

Cover by DAVID MACK

Variant Covers by ALEX MALEEV (AUG160843) and DAVID AJA (AUG160844)

Action Figure Variant by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER (AUG160845)

Teaser Variant by MIKE DEODATO (AUG160846)

Black Panther 50th Anniversary Variant by JEFFREY VEREGGE (AUG160847)

Hip-Hop Variant by JEFF DEKAL (AUG160849)

Champions Variant Also Available (AUG160848)

FOC – 09/19/16, On-Sale – 10/12/16

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

SEGENIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SEGENIS

Sooo she cant fly now because show?

ia0delond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She can sort of fly but does not know how to land.

marcohtx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@segenis said:

She was always a crappy flyer, thats why she barely does it.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure that they can strike lightning twice with this title, even in an adult format. There's been lot of time gone by, a lot of changes to marvel comics. Given what's gone down in the mu since Alias first appeared Jessica is just not the revolutionary figure she once was. Also Bendis has alienated a lot of fans who won't touch his stuff no matter what he writes. This could be the comic equivalent of Munsters Today.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#6 pikahyper  Moderator

Nobody can make a Jessica Jones cover as good as David Mack.

kalorama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So if this story is in continuity (which presumably it is because she has an expired Avengers ID card) . . . why wouldn't she assume that Luke Cage--her husband--was the one who balled her out of jail?

Jessica is one of those characters that I've always felt worked better as a supporting than a lead. I found her much more interesting when she was part of Cage's Avengers than I ever did in her own book.

kalorama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marcohtx said:

@segenis said:

She was always a crappy flyer, thats why she barely does it.

But she seems to pretty clearly be leaping, not flying, here. An obvious attempt to synergize the comic with the TV show. But since, as you say, she rarely uses her flight power anyway, it's really not a big deal.

Nobody can make a Jessica Jones cover as good as David Mack.

Maleev and Aja are giving him a run for his money here. Actually, I prefer the Maleev one, just a bit. But the character in the action figure variant (what a dumb idea) looks absolutely nothing like Jessica, either the comic or the TV version.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

When does this book take place? Is it picking up where the first series ended or is this supposed to be her now with her daughter and husband? How long till Bendis makes sure he derails PowerMan and Iron Fist by having this cross over?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#10 pikahyper  Moderator

@kalorama: I like Maleev and Aja but this time not as much, Maleevs cover is too reminiscent of when he did Spider-Woman, kind of feels like the image might be reused even though it does look a lot like the actress.

For Aja I love his scenery/background/design work more then character work a lot of the time, the scene for that cover is epic but the character is kind of meh.

With Mack you get the atmosphere and attitude and some epic detail work in the clothing, it just makes the character more real, I think a lot of it has to do with the medium which I'm guessing is watercolors on standard pencils, watercolors takes a lot of skill.

The action figure covers are almost always not worth the money, mainly cause the artist uses actors and actresses as models and they don't fit most of the time but in this case instead of using the actual Jessica Jones actress he used someone else, I can't place her but I know she is in a current TV show. The pink haired version is at least a little better but not by much.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Hopefully this means her and Luke have separated somehow.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't like the interior art.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

I think it's great that the original creative team is doing this. Seems like weird timing though, it could have had much more momentum if it dropped 8 months ago.

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@br_havoc said:

When does this book take place? Is it picking up where the first series ended or is this supposed to be her now with her daughter and husband? How long till Bendis makes sure he derails PowerMan and Iron Fist by having this cross over?

It's set in present day Earth-616, so yes, she's a Mom. Apparently something has happened between her and Luke though. Maybe something to do with Civil War II?

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JamesSpiring: I see, Well I stand by my comment I made when this book was first announced. This is not the same Bendis we got years ago and this has all the markings of a sequel that took to long and appeases no one.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#16 owie  Moderator

I'm intentionally not reading this to avoid spoilers, but just scanning the art quickly, it's good to see the good old art back. Looking forward to this.

superhoodie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks good

JTMac005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a fan of that art

ZombieSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like that Black Panther cover. Reminds me of Flashpoint Batman.

coffeeprince29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Art meh

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they mess with Jessica and Luke... I mean, I guess this is Marvel where no happy family can exist.

mrkareemruiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mrkareemruiz

cage and jessica have a baby girl. even if they break up they are going to be together alot

Inglewoodian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

@wowlock: No family except the Fantastic 4 it seems. Marvel always, always, ALWAYS ruins good relationships for petty ass reasons but Reed & Sue stick together thru stuff that really should break a couple up. I hate whoever broke up Storm & Black Panther. I really do.

I like the covers & I eventually was able to love the Netflix series....

Then I saw the artwork inside & I have to say....won't be spending my money on this at all.