gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

Victor Von Doom has ascended to greater heights than ever before, as…IRON MAN?! Your eyes do not deceive you! There’s a new Iron Man in town, and he’s coming your way in INFAMOUS IRON MAN #1 – the all-new ongoing series from the blockbuster, Eisner Award-winning creative team of Brian Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev! It’s time for the greatest villain in the Marvel Universe to try something…new. Where Tony Stark failed, Victor Von Doom will succeed! Only, how will the rest of the world’s heroes take to their deadliest foe masquerading as their greatest champion? The question remains – has the one-time Doctor Doom truly turned over a new leaf, or is this just the next step in his master plan? The answers begin as Bendis and Maleev bring you their next can’t-miss collaboration in INFAMOUS IRON MAN #1 – coming October 19th!

INFAMOUS IRON MAN #1 (AUG160767)

Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS

Art & Cover by ALEX MALEEV

Variant Covers by ESAD RIBIC (AUG160768) and SKOTTIE YOUNG (AUG160770)

Action Figure Variant by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER (AUG160769)

Teaser Variant by MIKE DEODATO (AUG160771)

Champions Variant by MIKE MCKONE (AUG160772)

Hip-Hop Variant by ANTHONY PIPER (AUG160773)

FOC – 09/26/16, On-Sale – 10/19/16

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Bendis/Maleev? Instant buy!

casper4690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bendis is writing this?

Pass, unfortunately

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bendis reminding everyone the shit he wrote in the past with Dark Reign.

harlequinreala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By harlequinreala

That cover...looks like a certain actor, but I can't place his name...brb while I look it up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@koujimoreno said:

That cover...looks like a certain actor, but I can't place his name...brb while I look it up.

He looks like that gay Russian mobster is Eastern Promises. And here I thought Vic' was supposed to be handsome.

RybackStun93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vincent Cassel yea? Toulour (The Night Fox) from Ocean's 12.
That's what he looks like to me at least.

This looks very interesting. I'll give it a shot.

TheLurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like how Doom, Namor, and hood's(?) faces all look different in one way or another, and not like the stock chiseled, handsome, white, comic book male face I tend to see often. Still don't think I'll be buying this though.

jim158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@jim158: Damn, I liked Parker Robins! Bendis should just have a title called Marvel's Mass Extinction and get it over with. I can't wait till this guy leaves Marvel!!

superhoodie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Looks good

Harun_Kurnaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex Luthor becaming new Superman and know this . What the @!?^% are you guys doing . I bet the next thing heroes will became super villains

RavenKingXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Gonna be honest, might just read this. Also does anyone feel like this an attempt at doing a superior iron man story. Except it may have potential.

ZhangThong12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ZhangThong12

What, Marvel continues exploiting their creative impotence when it comes to Iron Man? You know, I'm not against the idea that a villain will be a new Iron Man (or one of the new). But, I dunno, couldn't they take a villain that would actually make people interested in this fairly dull gimmick? Dr. Doom has no bond between Shell-Head. They fought each other few times, big deal... You know which villain would really work as the Infamous Iron Man? I don't want to point out the obvious, but...

No Caption Provided

I mean, wouldn't that be sick? Iron Man's greatest enemy becomes new Iron Man. People always complain that there's not a lot great Mandarin stories. Here, I gave you a great concept for a great Mandarin story, Marvel. Use it for free! If Marvel went with that idea, I think I would've been actually excited for this Iron Man run, which I'm not, since I think it will be very piss-poor.

ZhangThong12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ZhangThong12
Tantani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bendis? No, just no.

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

casper4690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@harun_kurnaz: Lex Luthor becoming a supermen is fine because he is replacing that garbage n52 one , while we still continue to have the amaZing post crisis supers that we all love. In the end , we know lex is up to no good. .

This doom book , however , is writing by bendis. Whom is completely replacing iron man , and most likely writing doom out of character. Typical garbage bendis writing

ZhangThong12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tantani said:

@zhangthong12: read invicible ironman current run

I stopped reading it after the few issues. When the new issue comes out, I go into my comic shop just to flip through pages and see if there's anything interesting happening, and to know if I need to buy it and read. So far I didn't saw anything interesting in this run.

werst9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Doom/Tony dynamic is easily the best part of the new iron man run so id give it a look. Cyber ninjas sucked though.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Dang heroic villains.

No Caption Provided

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Another book where Bendis is trying to recapture past glory by recycling an idea.

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i thought this was identical to Lex as Superman. Then I thought about Doc Ock as Spider-Man. Either way it's nothing new. It already been used and currently being used.

harlequinreala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dang, had to leave. But thanks all for providing that actor's name and pic. It's exactly who I was thinking.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

OH THAT ART THO!
OH THAT ART THO!

I know. Not original. Boring. You don't care. That's why you clicked it. But, I am a fan of this. This looks DOPE. The art makes me salivate.

What, Marvel continues exploiting their creative impotence when it comes to Iron Man? You know, I'm not against the idea that a villain will be a new Iron Man (or one of the new). But, I dunno, couldn't they take a villain that would actually make people interested in this fairly dull gimmick? Dr. Doom has no bond between Shell-Head. They fought each other few times, big deal... You know which villain would really work as the Infamous Iron Man? I don't want to point out the obvious, but...

No Caption Provided

I mean, wouldn't that be sick? Iron Man's greatest enemy becomes new Iron Man. People always complain that there's not a lot great Mandarin stories. Here, I gave you a great concept for a great Mandarin story, Marvel. Use it for free! If Marvel went with that idea, I think I would've been actually excited for this Iron Man run, which I'm not, since I think it will be very piss-poor.

I see what your saying. I respect it. I think there is a lot of validity to what your saying but the amalgamation of Doom and Iron Man is so aesthetically pleasing that I doubt seeing Mandarin as Iron Man would be as pleasing.

Oh it looks so good.

I mean look at it

That looks so sexy (+)
That looks so sexy (+)

ZhangThong12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yung_ancient_one: well, I'm a die-hard Iron Man fan, so I will click on any article that is about him, regardless if I will like the content of that article or not.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Isn´t that the Cabal from when Osborn was director of H.A.M.M.E.R ??

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i feel like a lot of good iron man stories just get dropped for a new gimmick. What happened to Superior Ironman? Then there was another story that was dropped just before Civil war 2.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After everything that Tony has done Doom being Iron Man will probably bring Iron Man up a few notches on the moral scale of things.

Inglewoodian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

I was excited for this until I saw Bendis name on it. I refuse to purchase anything he writes. I'm mad I even started Civil War2.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#35 fesak  Moderator

This makes no sense, why would DOOM take the mantle of anyone?

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

like everyone else said, the Bendis name on the cover kinda makes you cringe just a tad, however im semi interested in this idea.... anyone know if this will be an ongoing or just a mini? same like the odinson mini coming out about the same time.

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr. Doom is the only reason I'm interested in this. Not sure how it'll work since I think it's out of character for him to pick up a mantle.

Lex kind of makes sense. He would dress up as Superman if only to prove how "superior" he is to the real Superman.

Can someone explain to me Doom's current status quo? I haven't read Marvel in forever.

Nufious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can someone post the bendis meme pic please !!

Avatar image for nthmetalwarrior
NthMetalWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why the hell would Doom need an iron man suit for, the guy is a walking plot machine. He could be stark naked and have his own comic series.

ILostTheKey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was excited for this until I saw Bendis name on it. I refuse to purchase anything he writes. I'm mad I even started Civil War2.

Me too. I love Doom, but I won't put myself through a Bendis book for him.

ILostTheKey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ILostTheKey

Why the hell would Doom need an iron man suit for, the guy is a walking plot machine. He could be stark naked and have his own comic series.

Because Marvel ran out of ideas after AvX and have been grasping at straws since.

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 8

Willem Dafoe?

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By justice teen

Lets be honest there are only so many stories you can tell with the same heroes and villains before it gets old. I love the idea of villains becoming heroes, because most villains aren't evil their views just come across as extreme a bit. The flaw in this is why have Doom has Iroman? Why not just just give him another name or have him fight to prove he isn't a villain anymore?