First Look: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #6

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Peter Quill may be back with the team, but things are anything but back to normal for the Guardians. Today, Marvel is pleased to present your first look at GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #6 – the first chapter of “New Galactic Order”! Blockbuster creators Brian Michael Bendis and Valerio Schiti take you on the next chapter of this interstellar rollercoaster! Removed from power as the emperor of Spartax, can Peter Quill readjust to life among the stars? Which nefarious alien race will step up to fill the power vacuum left in his absence? More importantly – Peter Quill and Kitty Pryde come face-to-face for the first time in nearly eight months! Are the Guardians of the Galaxy big enough for two Star-Lords? Those answers and more this March as “New Galactic Order” kicks off in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #6!

No Caption Provided

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #6 (JAN160814)

Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS

Art by VALERIO SCHITI

Cover by ART ADAMS

Variant Cover by JAMAL CAMPBELL (JAN160815)

Story Thus Far Variant by VALERIO SCHITI (JAN160816)

Classic Artist Variant by GREG HILDEBRANT (JAN160817)

Women of Power Variant by SIYA OUM (JAN160818)

FOC – 02/15/16, On-Sale – 03/09/16

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

MK5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By MK5

Kitty Pryde has a lot of new suits right now. I don't like the skirt.

Avatar image for constantine1610
constantine1610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

That variant cover reminds me, I miss Lockheed. Haven't seen him since the SWORD series years ago, wouldn't he be perfect in this book?

Avatar image for deactivated-599f6ccbd15bb
deactivated-599f6ccbd15bb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kitty looks great there.

CaptainRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice to see Star Lord back where he belongs. I wonder what code name Kitty will use now.

kalorama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kalorama

Valerio Schiti's art is really nice.

@captainrex said:

I wonder what code name Kitty will use now.

She hasn't used one with the X-Men in forever, despite the fact that, for much of that time, the X-Men were seen as outcasts/outlaws. Don't really see that she needs one out in space, where nobody know the name Kitty Pryde anyway.

CaptainRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalorama: And yet she still called herself Star Lord. Perhaps she adopts a new code name cause I'm really sick of this "Shared Title" thing Marvels doing. Whatever happened to originality? One hero, one title.

kalorama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalorama: And yet she still called herself Star Lord.

She probably only called herself Star-Lord because she was (A) engaged to marry Quill and (B) taking Quill's place on the team. It was the equivalent of her taking his name; a relationship thing. But now that Quill is back with the team and the engagement is (reportedly) off, then the relationship has changed. She'll probably either keep calling herself Star-Lord (just to spite Quill) or dump the code name thing altogether, like she has for the majority of her existence. In either case, the fact the she hasn't used a code name with the X-Men in about 30 years or so--despite having a much better reason for one than she has now--suggests that she's unlikely to adopt a new one just for the hell of it.

CaptainRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalorama said:
@captainrex said:

@kalorama: And yet she still called herself Star Lord.

She probably only called herself Star-Lord because she was (A) engaged to marry Quill and (B) taking Quill's place on the team. It was the equivalent of her taking his name; a relationship thing. But now that Quill is back with the team and the engagement is (reportedly) off, then the relationship has changed. She'll probably either keep calling herself Star-Lord (just to spite Quill) or dump the code name thing altogether, like she has for the majority of her existence. In either case, the fact the she hasn't used a code name with the X-Men in about 30 years or so--despite having a much better reason for one than she has now--suggests that she's unlikely to adopt a new one just for the hell of it.

I just hope she and Peter don't share the title. Theres already enough of that going around already and its giving me a headache.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bendis still ruining this.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sinikettu

@nerevarine_11: While it still isn't the best Bendis can do, it's has been miles better than the last run ever was, which isn't much of a compliment considering how poor to mediocre the V.3 run was as a whole.

There still isn't that much plot build-up but at least there is a one now.

Edit: Speaking of plot build-up. I wonder if its ever going to be revealed what was in that thingamajig the Guardians stole from the Chitauri and brought to Spartax to be examined by their scientists since they had no real idea of what it was?

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalorama: And yet she still called herself Star Lord. Perhaps she adopts a new code name cause I'm really sick of this "Shared Title" thing Marvels doing. Whatever happened to originality? One hero, one title.

Because Marvel was the first to do it, right?

I could continue.

CaptainRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CaptainRex

@captainrex said:

Because Marvel was the first to do it, right?

I could continue.

OK Im talking about Marvel here, DC has its own problems with the New 52. Lets stick to the one Universe please.

SlymPeter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By SlymPeter

Hey, Kitty has too many costumes, too many names. Err.. Too many Peter(s).

But, still, two of my favorite characters, I hope Bendis will do something good !

And for the new name... What about Star-Mistress? :-D

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Maybe she could call herself Phaser? It's a double meaning, as phasing is what she does, walking through walls, but a phaser is also a type of laser gun like what Star-Lord has.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I'd want to see is some real character drama now that Quill is back with the Guardians. Character drama used to be one of Bendis' better skills as a writer. Honestly there's no reason at all for Rocket (or Kitty) to just meekly return their position of leadership for Star-lord and I'm going be very disappointed if the schism is just pushed under the rug and everybody goes "Okay Peter's back. He leads now 'cause his like super awesome despite ditching us all some 8 moths back" -apparently his fiancé included.