gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

The drums of war beat in the Marvel Universe, and its heroes must choose a side. Caught between two friends, who will Peter Parker stand with? The battle lines are drawn for the wallcrawler this June in CIVIL WAR II: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1 – a new series from writer Christos Gage and artist Travel Foreman!

“Spidey’s role in this Civil War is different than the last,” says Christos Gage in an interview with Marvel.com. “This time, before he chooses a side, he’s determined to really check things out and make an informed decision. Which should be a good thing – right?”

There’s a new Inhuman with the ability to predict the future. Though the heroes of the Marvel Universe continue to grapple with their feelings about his very existence, one thing is certain – he bears a tremendous amount of responsibility to use his powers safely. Thankfully there’s one hero in the Marvel Universe who knows a thing or two about power and responsibility – the Amazing Spider-Man!

As Peter uncovers more about Ulysses and his powers – will he ultimately stand with Captain Marvel? Or will he side with Iron Man? Find out as he swings his way into the comic event of the year when CIVIL WAR II: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1 comes to comic shops and digital devices everywhere this June!

CIVIL WAR II: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1 (APR160876)

Written by CHRISTOS GAGE

Art by TRAVEL FOREMAN

Cover by KHARY RANDOLPH

Variant Cover by GREG LAND (APR160877)

Character Variant by PHIL NOTO (APR160878)

Action Figure Variant by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER (APR160879)

FOC – 05/16/16, On-Sale – 06/08/16

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

SEGENIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wholy Doom thats some good art.And thank god CW II is not tying to main series

MonThackma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty stuff right there.

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider in that cover be like: Oh God, not this sh*t again.

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Took the words right out of my mouth. And this time, he doesn't even have MJ to suffer through with him..

Soldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-facepalm.

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@segenis said:

Well, friend. You don't seem to be a businessmen. Why tie his main series into it when you can make another book for it and basically cash in twice?

I mean it's Spidey. Of course people will buy it and this is definitely looking good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@wowlock said:
@jeremy1989 said:

Took the words right out of my mouth. And this time, he doesn't even have MJ to suffer through with him..

I really hope this civil war will fix OMD.

Renzoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

did iron man say the lines. "I did this dance with cap already"

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can't be dumb enough to un-mask in public again can he?

RavenKingXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Um, I am not sure about this, I mean in my opinion the cause of the civil war isn't has big as the originals. Seriously an inhuman that can predict the future, aren't there already a couple characters who can do that, plus some time travellers, this inhuman better be like reality warping level powers to make this seem like it will work.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Um, I am not sure about this, I mean in my opinion the cause of the civil war isn't has big as the originals. Seriously an inhuman that can predict the future, aren't there already a couple characters who can do that, plus some time travellers, this inhuman better be like reality warping level powers to make this seem like it will work.

Yea, but it all works from a marketing standpoint, it gives them an excuse for the heroes to pound each other and based experience that will sell. There's not even a real reason to call this a 'civil war'. But in my opinion it doesn't have to be a good story premise, it just has to sell and no matter what the heroes do to each other it'll be forgotten in another few years when they find another excuse for the heroes to fight each other. I'm surprised marvel even keeps super villains around at all, it's not like they are as bad as the heroes.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_ said:
@wowlock said:
@jeremy1989 said:

I really hope this civil war will fix OMD.

I doubt it, marvel has long since ceased to care about anyone who didn't like that story. Spider-Man is selling after all. Nothing else matters.

webheadcomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slott not writing Peter Parker? Sign me up

riverdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still can't believe what side Cap is on.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mooty_Pass

Who is Parker fighting the look like a group of Vulture Men.

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@riverdog said:

I can't believe we are going through this crap again as a whole really.

Not to mention She-Hulk supporting Carol while she is an attorney who suppose to believe in '' Innocent until proven guilty''...

Also, when did ''preventing future disaster'' thing have worked and not caused the same disaster to begin with ? I mean Betty Ross tried to pull that crap on the Hulk and we got Doc Green...that should tell you that trying to mess with the ''future'' won't end well as the future is a FLUID thing, not a straight line. I thought Carol learned that when Galactus showed her ''time itself''. Not to mention how she was against Cosmic Cube research and yet now willing to use a ''future prediction'' guy to mess with things.

Mark my words, this event will feel just as out of character as the original one for many people and I won't enjoy that.

xsbrx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plagiarism War

AdamAnouer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SEGENIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galerion: i didnt mean it in that way,i meant it wont interupt Dead no more story Dan Slott is setting

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By christianrapper

maybe they will use this to undo BND....then peter will be a married billionaire with the other powers. he a guy can dream can't he?

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wowlock said:
@riverdog said:

Not to mention She-Hulk supporting Carol while she is an attorney who suppose to believe in '' Innocent until proven guilty''...

Also, when did ''preventing future disaster'' thing have worked and not caused the same disaster to begin with ? I mean Betty Ross tried to pull that crap on the Hulk and we got Doc Green...that should tell you that trying to mess with the ''future'' won't end well as the future is a FLUID thing, not a straight line. I thought Carol learned that when Galactus showed her ''time itself''. Not to mention how she was against Cosmic Cube research and yet now willing to use a ''future prediction'' guy to mess with things.

Mark my words, this event will feel just as out of character as the original one for many people and I won't enjoy that.

But it will probably sell anyway. They may not be great at writing at marvel comics but they are great at knowing what people will buy.

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galerion said:
@segenis said:

Well, friend. You don't seem to be a businessmen. Why tie his main series into it when you can make another book for it and basically cash in twice?

I mean it's Spidey. Of course people will buy it and this is definitely looking good.

Actually it makes sense. My main gripe about events is they often interrupt regular series. I can read through the regular Amazing Spider-man series without worrying about Civil War II interrupting it, but if I want to see how it affects the character without getting too deep into the event, there is his mini, otherwise I'm safe to enjoy him without getting the event mucking it up. It won't cause me to buy twice.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: It looks like a group of Iron Vultures.

Yes they actually do lol. You think Iron Man has something to do with this or they are someone else work.

Not sure if I want to pick up CW2 Spider-Man.

But we'll see.

webbcity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You had me at Travel Foreman. That artwork...WOW.

TheLurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wowlock said:
@riverdog said:

How come nobody ever did this for Blindfold?

Dusk_till_Dawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@wowlock said:
@riverdog said:

Agreed. From a marketing standpoint, they want it to sell b/c of the Civil War movie. From a story standpoint...your right on the nose; if they can prevent one 'future' outcome, it might lead to another 'future' with an even worser outcome (like you said, fluid, NOT a straight line). I got a feeling that when it's all said and done, something's gonna happen to Ulysses and then this whole event will make all heroes involved not trust each other as much, no matter how you cut it

riverdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd much rather everyone just Dogpile Ms marvel so Carol can give up the title she stole, as she's s terrible character.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

maybe they will use this to undo BND....then peter will be a married billionaire with the other powers. he a guy can dream can't he?

That will be great.