inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

The battle lines have been drawn and war erupts! As the devastating fallout from the death of Bruce Banner sends shockwaves across every corner of the world, Iron Man and Captain Marvel duke it out with the future of the Marvel Universe on the line! Today, Marvel is pleased to present your first look inside the explosive CIVIL WAR II #5 – coming at you this September from the A-List creative team of Brian Michael Bendis, David Marquez and Justin Ponsor. As punches are thrown and the war hits a fever pitch, truth behind Ulysses’ predictive powers stands revealed – and it’s a game changer! Plus – an ending so shocking it’ll have the world talking! Don’t miss the thrilling next chapter when CIVIL WAR II #5 comes to comic shops and digital devices on September 21st!

CIVIL WAR II #5 (JUN160760)

Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS

Art by DAVID MARQUEZ & JUSTIN PONSOR

Cover by MARKO DJURDJEVIC

Variant Covers by KIM JUNG JI (JUN160761), MICHAEL CHO (JUN160762)

and PHIL NOTO (JUN160763)

FOC – 08/29/16, On-Sale – 09/21/16

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It only took 5 issues for a fight to finally happen

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By HighAccuser

Love the art, but this comic event can go straight to the darkest pits of Hel.

PrimeEarth2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love the art, but this comic event can go straight to the darkest pits of Hel.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm is seriously fighting for this Inhuman?

SpideyUltimate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11: agreed though i am surprised we're seeing so little of Amazing spider-man, Peter Parker. I guess Miles will be the spider-man the bigger part of Civil War

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm is seriously fighting for this Inhuman?

Because of precognition of this Inhuman they were able to save another team of X-men from cloud.
So she thinks that she can use such visions.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabumalal: The continuity of this event is so screwed up I'm not sure Storm knows what she's fighting for.

Consider this: Old Man Logan is fighting with Storm in one Tie-in and against her and the Inhumans in the main series and another Tie-in. Once again Brian Michael Bendis has shown the remarkable ability to not follow the continuity of even the books he's writing.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear: I just thought they would be fighting among themselves. It's not very X-men stuff to defend this type of justice. I don't see Magneto fighting for Iron Man.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear: I just thought they would be fighting among themselves. It's not very X-men stuff to defend this type of justice. I don't see Magneto fighting for Iron Man.

I saw Nightcrawler teleporting this suspected Hydra from Carol's base. And Nightcrawler joined team of Magneto. So i guess that while this dumbos are fighting with each other Magneto'd go right to Ulliseus to have a little talk and mind reading.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@koays: @rabumalal: @rubear: As we know they are ALL out of character. The X-men shouldn't be on Carol's side. And i'm sure Storm wouldn't condone something like this especially since again everyone is out of character.

Logan was on Carol side now they switched

Captain America Steve was on Carol side he switched

There were a few others that were on Carol side, but apparently they switched......so I'M CONFUSED to who's REALLY on who's side.

UMMMM....where is Parker Spider-Man?

Joey Ravn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Wait. She-Hulk is on Captain Marvel's side, even though her actions led to Bruce Banner's death?

Man, Rebirth is awesome.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: Cap actually switched because Tony discovered how the visions worked and talkes to him. He said if you tell me to stop, I'll stop because you are friggin Steve Rogers.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They really don't have any active super villains in the mu anymore do they? Still as dumb and as threadbare as the plot is this'll probably sell. Even at the gouging price of 4.99 it'll sell.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabumalal: I read that, but when I read All New Wolverine when he attacked Luara and Logan I assumed he's Team Carol.....

Ah whatever this is TOO much I just hope nobody else dies.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: I simply assumed their conversation happens right before this battle, so Cap just switched sides. (kind of funny how that doesn't carry any weight about how people changes sides, I'm pretty sure there are many heroes who would side with Cap in everything)

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabumalal: This is a "How strong are your morals" Battle. So if someone switched sides I don't think the heroes or teammates would hate them for it(MAYBE LOL), but they would probably respect their decision.

However they ALL look like they are going in for blood..........

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They really don't have any active super villains in the mu anymore do they?

Nope.

Tantani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Tantani

@joey_ravn said:

Wait. She-Hulk is on Captain Marvel's side, even though her actions led to Bruce Banner's death?

Man, Rebirth is awesome.

she mhulk isn't even here.... she is in a coma, and yes she is probably on Carol side

the green lady is gamora

this art is great, according to those pics, Ironman 1 shot Carol lol

is that Riri (Iron heart) on the first panel of the last page?

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: No, I just thought some people would follow him into a battle or switch sides with him. There aren't many heroes like him.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#25  Edited By 2cool4fun

So many people out of character, especially the guardians, why would they come to earth only simply to fight heroes? Especially The Thing. He's not the type of person to do stuff like this...

Yet I feel like a sheep, cause I still secretly kind of want to read this...

( Also why did Steve Rogers suddenly switch sides? )

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabumalal: I read that, but when I read All New Wolverine when he attacked Luara and Logan I assumed he's Team Carol.....

Ah whatever this is TOO much I just hope nobody else dies.

Even if they did what would it matter?

nickschuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By nickschuff

Say what you will about the story and Bendis' characterizations but that art is gorgeous.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm fans are about to use her breaking out of Doctor Strange's bonding with her lightning in the battle forums, lol.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tantani said:
@joey_ravn said:

Man, Rebirth is awesome.

she mhulk isn't even here.... she is in a coma, and yes she is probably on Carol side

She awakened. She is angry on Hawkeye.

Tantani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear said:
@tantani said:
@joey_ravn said:

Man, Rebirth is awesome.

when did she woke up? what book?

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I am just done with this book, I know there will be big spots coming here and there, but the entire premise was flawed from the beginning and it just had turned into a dog pile of poo, topping with a cherry and whipped cream, the story being the poo, and the cream being the art, in case you didn't get it.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, Rebirth is awesome.

See, this is why I'm gonna dismiss this entire event as a bad fever dream of Thanos sitting on the toilet. None of this shit makes any sense in context.

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By JamesSpiring

@nerevarine_11 said:
@joey_ravn said:

Man, Rebirth is awesome.

See, this is why I'm gonna dismiss this entire event as a bad fever dream of Thanos sitting on the toilet. None of this shit makes any sense in context.

As mentioned already, that is NOT Jen, it's Gamora. Jen doesn't use weapons.

Art error: Looks like Magik has been drawn with bangs. She's usually had them in the past, but not currently. She's always shown without them in Extraordinary X-Men, must've grown it out during the 8 month timeskip, probably because it's hard to find a hairdresser in Limbo!

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen: I don't understand what your point is? We're talking about the people who switched. We're not saying it "does" or "doesn't" matter.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen: I don't understand what your point is? We're talking about the people who switched. We're not saying it "does" or "doesn't" matter.

Sorry I should have been more precise. I meant that would it really matter if any of them died considering that death is so pointless and weak in marvel comics?

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear said:
@tantani said:
@joey_ravn said:

Man, Rebirth is awesome.

Well if the past is any indication she won't do anything. She was angry with Tony and didn't do anything.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Mark_Stephen

@joey_ravn said:

Man, Rebirth is awesome.

Doesn't have to make sense, it just has to sell.

jim158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tantani: at the end of 4 it was Tony standing against Carol.

Goellterator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this accurate so far? Something missing?

No Caption Provided

kingjoeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@goellterator:Character switches sides as explained by @stormphoenix: and MCU references in the form of the Guardians of the Galaxy showing up looking a lot like their MCU counterparts, even though they have no connection or care about Ulysses. To be honest this whole event is an MCU reference, it's only out because there was a Civil War film just out.

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen: people keep buying out of habit not content. I'm sure of it.

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Gotham331

@koays: makes you wonder what do the villains do when the heroes keep fighting each other all the time? Potential Dark Seige part 2 on the horizon

Tantani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jim158: actually it was Tony and his team against carol, they talked a little while and then carol team arrived

Now they are fighting

What did I say that you tag me for because I am not sure this is answer to any of my comments

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Mark_Stephen

@mark_stephen: people keep buying out of habit not content. I'm sure of it.

Not at 4.99 they don't. If this sells then people must be enjoying it.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix said:

Sorry I should have been more precise. I meant that would it really matter if any of them died considering that death is so pointless and weak in marvel comics?

Ah. Yeah your right I was just saying that because I didn't want another(lack of a better term) stupid reason to kill off a character only to bring them back due to a movie. It's like why do it in the first place.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Mark_Stephen

The really stupid part of all of this is that if Tony's side wins what do they do? It Carol's side wins they throw Tony's side in the dungeon and throw away the key, maybe with some torture or experimentation first, but if Tony's side wins there is no prison for them to throw Carol's side in. This list the point Tony sometimes made to Cap's side in the first cw, it was the law, he said, you can't go against the law.

In some ways its fun to see a fascist like Tony fighting a fascist like Carol, it's like watching an argument between Major Hoftesteader and General Bulkharder from Hogan's Heroes.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: makes you wonder what do the villains do when the heroes keep fighting each other all the time? Potential Dark Seige part 2 on the horizon

They just politely wait on the side lines until the heroes and done and rested, maybe munch some popcorn and make bets.

BeholdtheVison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By BeholdtheVison

Jesus Christ children, use your words.

BeholdtheVison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11 said:
@joey_ravn said:

Man, Rebirth is awesome.

Doesn't have to make sense, it just has to sell.

Actually, I believe that is Gamora.