gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

This is it! War comes to the Marvel Universe this June as the Earth-shattering comics event of 2016 comes to comic shops with a jam-packed double-size issue! Today, Marvel is pleased to present your exciting look inside CIVIL WAR II #1 – from chartbusting creators Brian Michael Bendis and David Marquez! The fan-fave creative team that brought you Invincible Iron Man join forces once more to bring you a tale of hero against hero – and a Marvel Universe divided in two!

Ulysses – a young Inhuman with the power to profile the future has emerged. His new abilities send shockwaves through the superhuman community. Divided amongst themselves, will they use Ulysses to prevent danger before it happens? Or should they allow the future to unfold unaltered? As his new powers send shockwaves rippling across the Marvel Universe – battle lines will be drawn. Do you stand with Iron Man? Or will you side with Captain Marvel?

Will the heroes of the Marvel Universe wield the power of “predictive justice” to change the future or battle to protect tomorrow? Battle lines will be drawn. Lives will be changed. Heroes will fall. The comic book event that will have the world talking kicks off on June 1st in the double-sized CIVIL WAR II #1!

Plus – don’t miss two opening salvos of CIVIL WAR II this May! Head to your local comic shop on Free Comic Book Day for an exciting prologue to Civil War II by Brian Michael Bendis & Jim Cheung. Then, pick up CIVIL WAR II #0 by Brian Michael Bendis and Olivier Coipel – on sale later that month!

For more information on CIVIL WAR II, visit Marvel.com, and join in on the conversation on Twitter using the hashtag #CivilWar2!

CIVIL WAR II #1 (MAR160703)

CIVIL WAR II #1 LAUNCH PARTY OPT-IN (MAR160715)

Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS

Art by DAVID MARQUEZ

Cover by MARKO DJURDJEVIC

Variant Covers by DAVID MARQUEZ (MAR160711), STEVE MCNIVEN (MAR160709) and MICHAEL CHO (MAR160708)

Team Iron Man Hip-Hop Variant by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE (MAR160706)

Team Cap Hip-Hop Variant by TERRY DODSON (MAR160713)

Character Variant by PHIL NOTO (MAR160707)

Virgin Black & White Connecting Variant B by KIM JUNG GI (MAR160712)

Battle Variant by CHRIS SPROUSE (MAR160704)

Party Variant by YASMINE PUTRI (MAR160719)

Hot Wheels Variant by MANUEL GARCIA (MAR160705)

Sketch Variants by STEVE MCNIVEN (MAR160710)

& YASMINE PUTRI (JAN168403) also Available

FOC – 04/18/16, On-Sale – 06/01/16

Retailers Please Note FOC

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

They should probably stop calling these previews and instead call them variant galleries.

UltimatePower6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

Is that supposed to be Galactus?

SEGENIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Sigh,atleast the art looks great,right?

SEGENIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should probably stop calling these previews and instead call them variant galleries.

There are 4 pages from the book how is that not a preview?

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im going to try my hardest to stay away from another big event from marvel.... i hate how they try to push them down your throat so many times a year.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

Because there is 10 pages of covers.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FearTheLiving

@jonny_anonymous: Doesn't make it any less of a previewing. That's like saying I punch you in the face then tickle you for 10 minutes I still fought you just because I tickled you doesn't take that away lol.

Yes weird analogy but I'm tired and it's early leave me alone :P

And to be fair even if they're variants it's still apart of the next issue hence preview of the next issue.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is gonna hurt...

oh man is this gonna hurt....

Bendis will not have mercy...

the schlock begins.

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im going to try my hardest to stay away from another big event from marvel.... i hate how they try to push them down your throat so many times a year.

Me too. It's getting tiresome. Plus, did nobody learn anything from the last Civil War event?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Doesn't make it any less of a previewing. That's like saying I punch you in the face then tickle you for 10 minutes I still fought you just because I tickled you doesn't take that away lol.

Yes weird analogy but I'm tired and it's early leave me alone :P

Doesn't make it any more of one either.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By g2_

looks great.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Site is acting up. I also edited "The variants are also for the next issue therefor it's still a preview for the next issue."

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Tantani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Feartheliving said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

Because there is 10 pages of covers.

11 different covers and 3 pages

the art is great

she hulk have a jet pack!!!!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

It's not a "preview," it's a "first look." Previews have text/word balloons.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Well, then I'm over here dropping all titles with tie-ins into this mess. I'll pick them up again afterwards, if they continue on.

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

It's too bad there isn't a good cover in the bunch.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Iron Man and Sam are going to be on the same side then why do we keep getting shown that cover of them fighting?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Is it just me or is every second Marvel event something about tampering with time in one way or another?

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By Bl00dwerK

Too bad the X-Men aren't left out of this crap. I hope Mag's team isn't in it. I don't see any of them...

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I swear I don't like this cash grab event.

Especially because it's so freaking forced, and right after 2 events from 2 different parts of the universe.

And on top of all of that, half the characters feel like they're on the wrong side, especially Tony, he would be all for this kind of thing, and OG Captain America & Spider-Man would completely be against it, idk this whole things just feels so wrong :/

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Too bad the X-Men aren't left out of this crap. I hope Mag's team isn't in it. I don't see any of them...

As well as Thor & the Hulks ( sadly the Thor & Hulk we all actually even care about, are gonna be missing, from another Civil War...I'd have red hulk & red she hulk over totally awesome dude )

Goellterator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this Steve Roger with a Jet Pack? So we have Falcon playing Captain America and Captain America playing Falcon? What a time...!

By the way, happy to see Cable around.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh look the heroes are fighting each other again. How exciting. Maybe they'll all kill each other off this time.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it just me or is every second Marvel event something about tampering with time in one way or another?

Marvel is big on sales and marketing, not so big on originality in how they get the sales from the marketing.

VVknight2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bl00dwerk said:

As well as Thor & the Hulks ( sadly the Thor & Hulk we all actually even care about, are gonna be missing, from another Civil War...I'd have red hulk & red she hulk over totally awesome dude )

I do think that Peter Parker would pick Captain Marvel's side since if the power to see the future was around when he was younger Uncle Ben would't have died.

miilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was hoping the SAME THING. BUT DANG. ;-(

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bl00dwerk said:

I was hoping the SAME THING. BUT DANG. ;-(

I hope it's not tied into Extraordinary because I have a subscription and don't want to buy anything related to Civil War II. Maybe it's a seperate thing and the actual book can go on uninterrupted...

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

This is gonna hurt...

oh man is this gonna hurt....

Bendis will not have mercy...

the schlock begins.

KidAlphaMax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By KidAlphaMax

Ahhh something new in comics!!!! Clearly it is going to be bad haha if you are tired of new stories that put your favorite characters in new situations here is a crazy idea stop reading new comics and just re read all the ones you do like for the rest of your life and stop dismissing things before you ever read them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

warrior100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'll check it out.

jim158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Urgh. I subscribed to this on marvel print subscriptions. It looks awful. Getting ready to drop some more marvel titles and pick up some others. Hopefully marvel will let me transfer this to the amazingly rich Spider-Man. Just threw up in my mouth a bit.

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37  Edited By Mrfuzzynutz

Man...I knew Marquez was going to crush the interiors...but this really exceeded my expectations! But WTF is Quicksilver doing?!

As far as the story goes, I am sure my Bendis Rage will be at level 11. He has this incredible skill of telling an entertaining story, but throwing in some kind of bull*@^* idea that manages to ruin everything.

Fully expect to see some time travel, characters dying, or the destruction of S.H.I.E.L.D with Alpha Flight taking it's spot

jim158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidalphamax: Have fun with your rip off characters with their rip off identities. Not new.

KidAlphaMax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jim158: I'm sure back in the day people called She-Hulk a rip off. I don't everything going on is a success, but I for one try to have an open mind. Many of you seem to be more closed minded then a Trump supporter haha.

jim158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidalphamax: She Hulk was a hit "in my day". In my day we also had appriation for things and respect for others. Nothing says greed like a bunch of Sanders supporters yelling for free stuff. Haha

jim158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jim158

im out. Marvel was real nice about the refund.

KidAlphaMax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By KidAlphaMax

@jim158: One you may not want to assume just because I appear to be anti Trump makes me pro Sanders. Two my point being perhaps acceptance of new characters come with time, but that still requires a bit of an open mind. I like the new characters like Ms. Marvel because she has so much respect for older heroes and shows aspirations of her own.

jim158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By jim158

@kidalphamax: My only gripes with all these characters are that Jane Foster has Cancer. I have had close family members battle cancer, some lost the battle. Aside from that I like the cover art of her books. Also Miles Moralis kind of stole Peter Parker's identitie. I am not digging ASM right now. And they are kind of making Sam Wilson someone he's not. The MCU wings are redicuosly awesome. His book has been low on sales and they had to reinvent Cap. In his tittle to boost sales. ANAD Avengers sales are not matching historical sales of Avenger's titles. The New Avengers are way done. Standoff and CW2 should help this but is marvel really doing this for the younger generation? I think not and if sales don't improve across the board only a few of these titles will continue to exist.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Glad To be a DC fan :)

jim158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jestersmiles: I actually put a marvel book down and picked up the DC Flash Darhside war tie in while i was at the comic shop this week. Marvel's the one pushing their fans away.

jim158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bl00dwerk: the Wilson Risk tie in looks good. I don't think any x-Men titles are crossing over. Just a mini series.

ianbareilles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The X-men titles most likely will be continuing their apocalypse wars crossover tie ins through July maybe even in August since it's still continuing through June.

X-men will be involved in civil war ii but not in their main titles it seems it'll be taking place in the four issue miniseries x-men civil war ii.