First Look: CAPTAIN MARVEL #2

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

The first issue of CAPTAIN MARVEL did pretty well, and we're all pretty excited to check out the second issue. But before it hits stores on August 15th, we got a look at the second issue of the popular series written by Kelly Sue DeConnick and featuring the art of Dexter Soy. What did you think of the first issue? Check out the preview below and let us know if you're looking forward to issue #2.

No Caption Provided

Marvel is proud to present your first look at Captain Marvel #2! The all-new creative team of Kelly Sue DeConnick & Dexter Soy dial it up a notch as Carol Danvers comes face to face with a challenge from her past – one she can’t walk away from! And who – or what – is the secret of the Banshee Squadron? Also, don’t miss your chance to see Marvel history in the making when Captain Marvel #1 Second Printing Variant & Avenging Spider-Man #9 Second Printing Variant fly back into comic book stores, starring the all-new smash hit superhero Captain Marvel! Dive into the high-stakes adventures of Carol Danvers in Captain Marvel #2, soaring into comic shops everywhere, the Marvel Comics app, and Marvel Digital Comic Shop this August.

CAPTAIN MARVEL #2 (JUN120653)

Written by KELLY SUE DECONNICK

Penciled by DEXTER SOY

Cover by ED MCGUNNIESS

== TEASER ==
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

FOC – 7/23/2012, On Sale – 8/15/2012

AVENGING SPIDER-MAN #9 SECOND PRINTING VARIANT (JUN128074)

Written by KELLY SUE DECONNICK

Pencils and Cover by TERRY DODSON

FOC – 7/30/12, ON-SALE – 8/22/12\

JohnnyWalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By JohnnyWalker

sweet. loving the new series.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Good series....bad mullet. Bad.

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By LordRequiem

Still waiting on issue one, love the artwork, and I always say this, but her and Webs should totally become an item. Their dynamic is excellent.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By X35

Ugly ass art.

Novemberx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Novemberx2

the art is nice but sometimes to blurry for its own good. hope this series goes somewhere and that captain marvel is on the main the avengers team when hichkman takes over.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#6  Edited By x_29

No thanks

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#7  Edited By Outside_85

Pity McGuiness isn't on interiors.

TwistedGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TwistedGamer

Love the art so much! Looking forward to issue 2!

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Twentyfive

I like this new Captain Marvel. I hope MARVEL sticks with it, because really, she needs it.

zackattack529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By zackattack529

this book looks OK, but i wonder how they will keep people interested in this title unless this first arc goes really well, Marvel Now is comming up and alot of people will most likely turn their heads toward those newer titles and most of their favorites are being cancelled. so idk how long this title will hold up with the circumstances, hope the best for this series though,

jcbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jcbart

The art is lovely! Don't see how anyone can't like it personally.

Hopefully Marvel sticks with this and doesn't cancel her after 16 issues. She needs to be up there with Iron Man and Cap as a big time Avenger!

Ijan092

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ijan092

@RedheadedAtrocitus said:

Good series....bad mullet. Bad.

actually, is not a mullet. she just moves her hair back.

Whiskeyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Whiskeyjack

Still not caring for the McGuiness covers at all. It's bad enough that so many covers have nothing to do with their contents, but different artists without it being a variant just feels like a bait and switch. Enjoying the interior art, as well as the story.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@Ijan092: Ahhh yes I see now. Well that's good, because I sure as hell wouldn't like a Joe Dirt vibe to my Carol hehe.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By dernman

Don't like the art style for a Ms Marvel book. I'm also trying to read the book while ignoring the name and look change.

DazzHardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By DazzHardy

Read the first issue on my iPad and it looked great. Can't wait to see the second.

CitizenJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CitizenJP

Love her costume.

RalfvdH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RalfvdH

Love the new design.... very much like Kelly Sue  DeConnick... but I really despise the artwork.... still must say its a little bit better than issue #1 (at least for what I've seen)  but I still really don't like it... and I'm sorry to say that's a deal breaker for me...

sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sparty-dbq

Sooooo... she just randomly traveled back in time?

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

Glad to see they are sticking with the same great art. Can't wait to see what issue 2 brings because I really loved issue 1

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Sovereign91001

@LordRequiem said:

Still waiting on issue one, love the artwork, and I always say this, but her and Webs should totally become an item. Their dynamic is excellent.

Make it so Marvel!

Avatar image for artisticneedham
ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

I am a supporter of her becoming Captain Marvel, of her costume change, and her getting her own title. I hope this new series lasts past #50 and lasts long enough to have several different artists and writers work on it and maybe her costume to change only slightly.

Avatar image for danversbraddockfan
DanversBraddockfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely LOVED the writing, the art. Perfect! #CarolCorps

Hancock89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By Hancock89

I don't get the hate, I love this new route they've taken with Carol Danvers. Sure the art is not the prettiest but I like the fact that it's not focusing on sensuality or over sexualized poses to appeal to the male audience in order to sell more issues, which means that they really want to shed more light on what drives Carol as a character, as well as add more substance to her immediate support cast. I'm really willing to give this title a chance and I think it's too soon to shun it.   

I am not wording my idea well enough but what's sure is that I'm genuinely looking forward to see where they'll go with this.

Katie24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By Katie24

@Hancock89 said:

I don't get the hate, I love this new route they've taken with Carol Danvers. Sure the art is not the prettiest but I like the fact that it's not focusing on sensuality or over sexualized poses to appeal to the male audience in order to sell more issues, which means that they really want to shed more light on what drives Carol as a character, as well as add more substance to her immediate support cast. I'm really willing to give this title a chance and I think it's too soon to shun it. I am not wording my idea well enough but what's sure is that I'm genuinely looking forward to see where they'll go with this.

This.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#26  Edited By Teerack

thank god it seems they deiced to not give her a mohawk.

@RedheadedAtrocitus: her hair is just slicked back. It's not a mullet at all.

Duke_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By Duke_Nasty

Not this time.

Ganthetsward20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#28  Edited By Ganthetsward20

This art is growing on me to where I really like it!

RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By RedQueen

@Hancock89 said:

I don't get the hate, I love this new route they've taken with Carol Danvers. Sure the art is not the prettiest but I like the fact that it's not focusing on sensuality or over sexualized poses to appeal to the male audience in order to sell more issues, which means that they really want to shed more light on what drives Carol as a character, as well as add more substance to her immediate support cast. I'm really willing to give this title a chance and I think it's too soon to shun it. I am not wording my idea well enough but what's sure is that I'm genuinely looking forward to see where they'll go with this.

This....but I'm in the majority (minority?) who loves the art. I'm really excited to see where they go with this series, and Carol as a character.

RedSteel15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RedSteel15

I really liked the first one, definitely getting the second issue too. I think the interiors are okay, I would prefer some more traditional comic book art, but the covers are absolutely terrible. Not only are they ugly, but incredibly boring too, someone posing infront of a one-colored background isn't going to impress anyone.

jcbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jcbart

@RalfvdH: It really is a very well written comic, I definitely advise overlooking the art (as hard as that may be) and it'll have probably changed hands by #5 and by then you'll have contributed to a great title! At least it isn't as bad as the murky, confusing art of the Otherworld arc in Uncanny X-Force. Talk about sloppy.

Blunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Blunt

Not a bad read at all but the covers are fucking woeful.

That60sGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#34  Edited By That60sGuy

I'm not loving the covers - pretty basic and boring.

The interior art is decent - I quite like it but it could be better. My main problem is her face just doesn't look enough like Carol Danvers!

I'll keep reading this as I'm a Danvers fan and fingers crossed there'll be SOME kind of appearance from Mar-Vell - obviously in flashback or dream form.

broo1232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 180

User Lists: 45

#35  Edited By broo1232

Looks good, loved the first issue.

warpgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By warpgirl

I hate the art, love Carol being back with her own title, but absolutely hate the art.

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37  Edited By Mrfuzzynutz

not a fan of the art style on this, that may make me drop the book before anything else, as I am having a hard time liking the uniform as it is lol

I do however like her hair in the comic as opposed to the covers

jamzdageek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jamzdageek

Although the art is a questionable choice for the series (IMO fits more a Captain America/Invaders style book) I can say that it's fresh. I don't think Carol was drawn this way before but it really looks like Dexter Soy is having fun. The new costume is kick-ass and suits Captain Marvel. It's the type of suit only the main character in an on-going title can pull-off. With the write story the art-style can really blossom.

odysseyuwrf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#39  Edited By odysseyuwrf

Terrible, new look. Don't like it. That costume looks dated, not classic. Should've updated her old look, but remained consistent with the past. Like DCNU Wonder Woman.

ripcurl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#40  Edited By ripcurl

I like the art, but not the haircut.