gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

The Spring’s blockbuster Avengers crossover begins here! And it’ll take all the Avengers to uncover the secrets behind Pleasant Hill. Today, Marvel is pleased to present your first look at AVENGERS STANDOFF: ASSAULT ON PLEASANT HILL ALPHA! Written by blockbuster writer Nick Spencer with art by Marvel newcomer Jesus Saiz celebrate the 75th anniversary of Captain America with a bang as heroes from across the Marvel Universe strap in for an explosive ride! From the outside, Pleasant Hill looks like the perfect small town community. But this gated community has more than its fair share of secrets. Secrets so explosive it will draw estranged allies Steve Rogers and Sam Wilson back together to save a friend in danger and put things right. But when the combined might of two Captain America’s isn’t enough, who do you call? In the face of unspeakable evil, Avengers teams from across the Marvel Universe will assemble like never before! But what’s hidden in Pleasant Hill might even be too much for them to handle…

Don’t miss the exciting kickoff this March in AVENGERS STANDOFF: ASSAULT ON PLEASANT HILL #1. Then, follow along as the story continues in the pages of All-New, All-Different Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, New Avengers, Captain America: Sam Wilson, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Illuminati and Ultimates!

AVENGERS STANDOFF: ASSAULT ON PLEASANT HILL #1 (JAN160762)

Written by NICK SPENCER

Art & Cover by JESUS SAIZ

Connecting Variant A by ART ADAMS (JAN160763)

Party Variant by JAY FOSGITT (JAN160773)

Party Sketch Variant Also Available (NOV158115)

FOC – 02/01/16, On-Sale – 03/02/16

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

RavenKingXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

The green skull. Well ain't that original

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Is this the first we've seen of the Green Skull since Remender's first issue of Cap? Side note: Been a fan of Jesus Siaz for a very long time. Awesome to see him on such a high profile book.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Green Skull.

A maniac hippie that believes the only way to save the earth is to kill off mankind.

Oh lol... xD

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This just might be the worst event Marvel has had since Fear Itself.

vox bosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

saucygiraffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear said:

Green Skull.

A maniac hippie that believes the only way to save the earth is to kill off mankind.

Oh lol... xD

This is my new favorite villain...

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

Well, the art looks really good! Can't say much else.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I'm sure putting Sam in one story with Steve and Bucky and repowering Steve in this story, is gonna sell everyone on Sam as Captain America. Especially because Sam didn't have an important role in any of the events since he got the title. I can just feel Marvels trust in this character.

Nice art, though.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another cross over? Well it has been only five minutes since the last one.

kalai1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Nick Spencer and I enjoyed Morning Glories.

But, if this event somehow turned out to be some superhero version of Morning Glories....I don't know.

And by the mysterious look of it, it might just be....

But it can be enjoyable if the fights are good.

I just enjoy seeing people sucker punch each other in the face. : )

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#12 pikahyper  Moderator

I love Jay Fosgitts variant art, so talented.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#13  Edited By The Impersonator

Hmm...Red Skull...Green Skull...Now, where have I heard these guys before?

Ducey13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's Purple Man. He's behind Wayward Pines....I mean Pleasantville....I MEAN HILL !!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

God damn it, Falcon! Don't interrupt Bucky and Steve's date.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blegh.

ZombieSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ZombieSamurai

The Gwenpool cover kind of makes me laugh.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We need a team up with the blue skull, the black skull and the pink skull. Then we get the golden skull from the future as the six ranger. Go go, Power Rangers!

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_impersonator said:

We need a team up with the blue skull, the black skull and the pink skull. Then we get the golden skull from the future as the six ranger. Go go, Power Rangers!

More like Go Go Power Skulls! :P

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stahlflamme said:
@the_impersonator said:

We should pitch that to Marvel and tag it as 'Assault on Silent hill'... Natural following to Pleasant hill and Forest hill.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_impersonator said:
@stahlflamme said:
@the_impersonator said:

We should pitch that to Marvel and tag it as 'Assault on Silent hill'... Natural following to Pleasant hill and Forest hill.

Best story ever!

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

I love Jay Fosgitts variant art, so talented.

Very talented indeed.

Too bad he's only drawing My Little Pony and Bodie Troll (so far).

I'd love to see him draw an issue of Rocket Raccoon & Groot, or the Guardians, or if dreams were to come true... Marvel should do an Marvel Babies Anthology series featuring various creators such as Fosgitts.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#23  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@donfelipe: I do wish he was doing more, MLP and Bodie Troll are awesome, his versions or Rocket and Groot would be cool as hell. I am seriously surprised Marvel didn't do anything with the Marvel Babies, they did so well and were really popular but they totally dropped the ball, just like they are doing with everything all ages, all they are really doing are putting out cartoon adaptations which are not all that interesting since most people would rather watch the cartoon and all their other comics geared towards kids are way more Young Adult then All-Ages, it is a big untapped market, I mean at the least there should be a Clone Wars expanded comic (not adaptation) or an Ewoks comic both of which could be geared towards all ages and would make insane amounts of cash yet still nothing :/

Edit: I also wouldn't mind seeing Fosgitt at Archie, I think he could do pretty well over there; Sonic, Mega Man, any of the main Archie titles, even if it's just for variants he could fit in very well.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

@pikahyper: Perhaps we should start an online petition for the Big 2 to do more all-ages stuff (DC hasn't done much either since Li'l Gotham), and for Fosgitt to do a Star Wars: Ewoks series.

Fosgitt on Sonic would be pretty rad, too. I like that idea!

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_impersonator said:

OH DUDE and I KNOW just the Villain they could fight. They can take on Skeletor for the battle of Gray Skull hahahah. You are funny (stahlflamme)

Anyway people WHO IS THis GREEN SKULL?

Is he connected to Red Skull?

OR

Is THAT REALLY Red Skull, but he decided to go Green(I ALSO heard he still has Pro. X's Brain still)

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: I think it's the Red Skull. Remember the Old Man Logan storyline? The Red Skull wore a Cap's mask. So, it's most likely the Red Skull is wearing the Green Skull mask along with the red one. =P

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinikettu: You got that right. These hills are really peaceful. It's no wonder something bad will happen. :P

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Sam. Marvel can keep him sporting the shield. But I want Steve Rogers back ... empowered by the serum, young man in his prime, kicking butt and saving the planet.

Think Old Man Logan, and Old Steve Rogers need to have a team-up beforehand though. It's only right.

vox bosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: I think it's the Red Skull. Remember the Old Man Logan storyline? The Red Skull wore a Cap's mask. So, it's most likely the Red Skull is wearing the Green Skull mask along with the red one. =P

OH OK thank you, but I didn't read the Old man Logan storyline. And also what you just said don't you think that's pretty stupid? I mean The Red Skull wearing another colored Skull. SHEESH

Anyway thank you! for your help :-)

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kyo-28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll keep skipping these Avengers titles as long Captain African American, Feminist Thor and African American Spidey are in it. All these forced changes on established characters to comply with Disney's multi-culti, gender-equality views of the world make me sick.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for adding more diverse characters to the mix and giving them more prominent roles, but doing it in such a way where stories are twisted and turned to 'explain' why a character all of a sudden has a different ethnicity or gender just don't gel with me.

I mean, why not bring Black Panther into the Avengers, give him the role of the leader and bring in cool female characters like Scarlet Witch or Valkyrie as female members? While we're at it, might as well give Shang-Chi a spot on the roster.

But no, they HAD to forcibly change existing characters instead.

Bring back the original Cap Am and Thor, create new and exciting female characters and characters of various ethnic backgrounds ... and then I'll get back to reading those titles.

But for now, I'm skipping.

Flicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really have difficulty reading Nick Spencer's stuff. He does a great job on Ant-Man, but on stuff like Sam Wilson his comedy doesn't work.

Avatar image for mattydavehalpeo
MattyDaveHalPeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Sam. Marvel can keep him sporting the shield. But I want Steve Rogers back ... empowered by the serum, young man in his prime, kicking butt and saving the planet.

Think Old Man Logan, and Old Steve Rogers need to have a team-up beforehand though. It's only right.

An Old Man team up would be really cool, and it can end with them both becoming physically younger. Either that or they resurrect 616 Logan.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_impersonator said:

OH OK thank you, but I didn't read the Old man Logan storyline. And also what you just said don't you think that's pretty stupid? I mean The Red Skull wearing another colored Skull. SHEESH

Anyway thank you! for your help :-)

No problem. =P

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: We know nothing on him. He is appeared on the First Number [and only in the first-second page] of the Remendeer Run of "Captain America" ["Marvel Now" Volume]. He is a maniac that think that humanity must be wiped out in favor of plant-life, and have a toxin that make plant and roots grown from human body. He can shot them with a gun, or, as he was trying to do when the Remendeer Series Begin, drop in gas form on New York by airplane. Cap capture him, punched him and some of his man and drop the plane in to a river. That is the only appearance of Green Skull so far :) [and as I can see in the preview, he will do exaclty the same thing with the same result here! But with a different Cap punching him!]

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: We know nothing on him. He is appeared on the First Number [and only in the first-second page] of the Remendeer Run of "Captain America" ["Marvel Now" Volume]. He is a maniac that think that humanity must be wiped out in favor of plant-life, and have a toxin that make plant and roots grown from human body. He can shot them with a gun, or, as he was trying to do when the Remendeer Series Begin, drop in gas form on New York by airplane. Cap capture him, punched him and some of his man and drop the plane in to a river. That is the only appearance of Green Skull so far :) [and as I can see in the preview, he will do exaclty the same thing with the same result here! But with a different Cap punching him!]

Oh ok hmm cool. So why a Green Skull? Anyway LOL thanks man for the Info ;-). Don't you think it's weird that they just repeated the same scenario but with a different Cap? HAHA

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin said:

Oh ok hmm cool. So why a Green Skull? Anyway LOL thanks man for the Info ;-). Don't you think it's weird that they just repeated the same scenario but with a different Cap? HAHA

Well... Green I suppose is for the fact that he is a "Plant Maniac"... Skull... Death... so maybe He would mean "Death by Plant" or something similar mad :) and yes, is weird... I'm start to think that Green Skull will became some sort of C-List Joke Punchbag criminal :) [till, one day, he made an incredible plan and treat all the heroes of the world...]

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Avengers vs. X-Men, Age of Ultron, Original Sin & Axis sucked badly as well. And I believe Infinity and Secret Wars were over-hyped in my opinion.

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge said:

Avengers vs. X-Men, Age of Ultron, Original Sin & Axis sucked badly as well. And I believe Infinity and Secret Wars were over-hyped in my opinion.

I totally agree