gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

This September, the supremely powerful Hyperion takes center stage in the oversized AVENGERS #34.1 – an exciting new solo story from critically acclaimed creators Al Ewing and Dale Keown! Last son of a dead utopia and sole survivor of a world decimated by Incursions. Father figure to a new species of life thriving in the Savage Land. He is an Avenger, and so much more. Now, the Man From Nowhere seeks justice upon an unhinged cop killer, the safe return of a kidnapped child – and perhaps answers to the questions that haunt him deep inside. Why was he brought here? What purpose does he serve in our universe? The answers can be found this September in the Hyperion-centric AVENGERS #34.1!

AVENGERS #34.1 (JUL140624)

Written by AL EWING

Art & Cover by DALE KEOWN

Variant Cover by CHRIS BACHALO (JUL140625)

FOC 8/18/14, ON-SALE 09/10/14

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1 the_stegman  Moderator

I know he has his own backstory and such, but everytime I see Hyperion I can't help but think "Auburn Superman".

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

go away Superman clone.

LenSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

that chris bachalo art is pretty decent

Supreme_Maj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah at last a story which is center to hyperion. I hope Marvel will use him more now

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DcNoobReviews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DcNoobReviews

cant wait!

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dale's art always impresses

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I just love how marvel fans always love clones of Superman in marvel but hate Superman.

Dedpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dedpool

I'm just happy Blue Marvel is getting some stuff too. They have these all powerful characters and are scared to do anything with them. Hyperion and Adam should team up lol.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Yeah at last a story which is center to hyperion. I hope Marvel will use him more now

Agreed.

I was gonna say inb4 "Superman clone" comments,but I'm too late.

I was also going to say inb4 DC fans,but I'm still too late.

Rainja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lensnart: look at that T-Rex arm he is reaching out to that kid with.LOL

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sasquatch888

How many fake supermans does marvel have? hyperion, blue marvel, gladiator, sentry, sungod...they all suck ! marvel has so many cool heroes it's pathetic to keep creating fake supermen. none of these fakes could sustain a regular series

Zoch81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Looks good I like Hyperion can't wait.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah,they have arrived.

Prepare for Hyperion bashing from DC/Superman fans.

Overlander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

Did somebody say Dale Keown interiors? You had my attention. Now you have my interest.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The art looks great

LenSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rainja: yeah, hyperion looks kinda weird, but I just like the composition and energy of it honestly

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If any of these "haters" actually read anything with Hyperion in it, they'd know he's a far different character from Superman.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

I know that the art is going to be good.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@westy206 said:

go away Superman clone.

@tensor said:

I just love how marvel fans always love clones of Superman in marvel but hate Superman.

How many fake supermans does marvel have? hyperion, blue marvel, gladiator, sentry, sungod...they all suck ! marvel has so many cool heroes it's pathetic to keep creating fake supermen. none of these fakes could sustain a regular series

That's unfair guys. Just because Superman exists it doesn't mean Marvel or any other company can't have another superpowerful, capewearing, strong image character. That's very short sided guys.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@micah: The difference is, Hyperion literally is inspired by Superman. The entire Squadron Supreme are copies of the JL, he's one step away from parody.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm late to the party with Hickman's avengers but i'm really enjoying the stuff now. Can't wait to learn more about Hyperion, he seems an awesome hero.

neiliusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Hyperion's gold underwear kinda creeps me out lol.

Aside from the Superman jokes, I actually like this version of Hyperion. I don't think the character is that bad.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i like this Hyperion, i don't care if he is a rip off. there are also rip off in dc. doomsday is hulk rip off.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@medulaoblaganda: Doomsday and Hulk is not the same.Hyperion even have some of superman feats.Hulk and Doomsday are no way the same.Two different character.Namor would have been a better choice for aquaman.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: The difference is, Hyperion literally is inspired by Superman. The entire Squadron Supreme are copies of the JL, he's one step away from parody.

I can understand that, but I think he's become his own character at this point. I don't agree with Blue Marvel, Sentry, and Gladiator being ripoffs. They may be made in his mold but their no copies.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 the_stegman  Moderator

@micah said:

@the_stegman said:

I can understand that, but I think he's become his own character at this point. I don't agree with Blue Marvel, Sentry, and Gladiator being ripoffs. They may be made in his mold but their no copies.

Nah, I got no problem with the others, I actually like Sentry and Gladiator, as for Blue Marvel, I don't know enough about him. But I can't help but see Superman everytime I see Hyperion, lol.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@the_stegman said:

Nah, I got no problem with the others, I actually like Sentry and Gladiator, as for Blue Marvel, I don't know enough about him. But I can't help but see Superman everytime I see Hyperion, lol.

LOL, yeah I can see that.

Darkseid_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome can't wait for him to be a bigger, cooler, and more popular hero ONLY to have Marvel say "NOPE! Better have Hulk and Thor whip his ass so our main properties are secure." Makes me miss Sentry when he was rockin it only to have him swept under the rug for being too awesome...

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By sasquatch888

@maccyd said:

If any of these "haters" actually read anything with Hyperion in it, they'd know he's a far different character from Superman.

i think i've read everything ever with hyperion in it......he's no superman that's for sure lol

I can't understand how people dont see hyperion especially as a rip off...look at the inspiration of the squadron supreme expained on this very site http://www.comicvine.com/squadron-supreme/4060-40479/ it says this exactly -

Squadron Supreme is Marvel's version of DC Comics' Justice League of America." lol

Kid_Nacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dedpool: Dear God they would be unstoppable. You could imagine Galactus getting out of that void he's in, returning to Earth 616, seeing those two, and calmly just floating away like "Yeah you know what I'm good"

KaraZor-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whats with his Huggies Ultra, space diaper?

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:

i think i've read everything ever with hyperion in it......he's no superman that's for sure lol

Have you read Supreme Power?

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I don't know why but seems like Avengers comics written by Hickmann is not my cup of tea. I love The Avengers movie but for some reason I can't get into Avengers comics. I prefer X-men and Spidey comics better. It is weird that despite Avengers have great live action movie but they never in top 10 comics sales every month. Meanwhile Justice League never have live action movie but every month is consistent among top 10 most comics sales

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: yes i have read it

@micah said:

@sasquatch888 said:

@maccyd said:

of course i've read it ...its like superman but his parents are actors hired by the gov't to raise him in controlled enviorment because the "ma and pa kent" of that story were killed by black ops shortly after they discovered him the crystal that gives dr spectrum (marvel's fake GL) his powers came from hyperions ship ..ect yeah i know there are differences but its still a twisted superman origin

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: yes i have read it

@micah said:

@sasquatch888 said:

@maccyd said:

of course i've read it ...its like superman but his parents are actors hired by the gov't to raise him in controlled enviorment because the "ma and pa kent" of that story were killed by black ops shortly after they discovered him the crystal that gives dr spectrum (marvel's fake GL) his powers came from hyperions ship ..ect yeah i know there are differences but its still a twisted superman origin

That's why I love it. I like this version of Hyperion but wish the Supreme Power version came to the 616 Universe.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Yawn* Superman clone...Great art though.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor: Not all of us hate Superman.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:

@the_stegman said:

You ever hear of Earth 8?

I never heard of Earth 8, but that's shocking. I didn't know DC basically copied the Marvel Comics Universe.

DrThanos91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

I look forward to this,also How is Blue Marvel a rip off of Superman???,why is everyone making superman ripoff jokes,its redundant,I personally don't like superman,but I respect his heroic feats and at first Hyperion back in the day was just like superman,but this Hyperion is what I feel marvels attempt at changing him,I think its working in a good way

and some one said a Hyperion/Blue marvel team up,I would love to see that!

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hyperion is too cool for school.

savagepizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is everybody forgetting about champions of angor

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is everybody forgetting about champions of angor

I just learned about that LOL.

Silver Zeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So just whn Ewing was doing sooo well devlping BM in MightyAvngrs, Marvel nw grabs him & has him write Hyperion, dis xcter dat is featuring in 2 ongoing avengers titles written by 2 diffrnt writers & now 3 with Ewing.

Yes, we/SZ know dat Ewing is still on MA BUT...

Is Marvel slowly trying 2 bury BM in favor of dis nu Hyperion? R dey sooo desper8 4 anothr whyt supaman? Anothr Sentry?

Will Hickman or Spencer also write a MA #.1 focusing on BM in return? Of course not. We/SZ highly doubt it.

B4 u knw it Hyperion will b getting a solo series b4 BM...U JUST WAIT.

mosesmoses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: read his bio. They admit he is Marvels superman...j.s

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor: the point is i don't give a flip if he is a rip off or not, as long as he has a good comic run. wait and see writers start giving him much credit like hulk , Thor, and wolverine.

Tfs229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really want a buddy comic with Hyperion and Thor

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers