First Look: AFTERLIFE WITH ARCHIE #9

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Afterlife With Archie is back this month! Issue #9 is dealing with Reggie's part in the whole story. Archie Comics is also giving us a tease about issue #10 with a release date.

No Caption Provided

AFTERLIFE WITH ARCHIE #9

BETTY: RIP Pt. 4, “The Trouble with Reggie.” The Horror began in Riverdale when Reggie Mantle struck and killed Jughead’s beloved pooch Hot Dog. Since then, Reggie has been living with this secret knowledge—and terrible guilt. With no one to talk to about it, Reggie has started to crack under the strain. He is seeing visions of his dead friends—or are they literal ghosts? When an act of kindness prompts a confession from him, Reggie must decide for himself, once and for all—is there any good within him? Or is Reggie, as we’ve always suspected, beyond redemption? For TEEN+ Readers.

Script: Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa

Art: Francesco Francavilla, Jack Morelli

Cover: Francesco Francavilla

Variant Cover: Dave Devries

On Sale Date: 5/25

32-page, full color comic

$3.99 U.S.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

When does issue #10 come out? What does the issue deal with?

No Caption Provided

AFTERLIFE WITH ARCHIE #10

BETTY: RIP Pt. 5, “Interlude with the Pussycats” Before the end of the world began, a female pop trio was setting charts on fire. But in a world of TMZ and paparazzi-driven media, somehow these women kept their private lives a secret from everyone—until now. A full-access interview promises to show the tragic and terrifying origin story of Josie and the Pussycats. For TEEN+ Readers.

Script: Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa

Art: Francesco Francavilla, Jack Morelli

Cover: Francesco Francavilla

Variant Cover: Jim Balent

On Sale Date: 8/17

32-page, full color comic

$3.99 U.S.

No Caption Provided

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wheuuuu!

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I guess Reggie is the Shinne of this group.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By DonFelipe

Where it says 8/17 is it 8/17/16 or 8/17/17? :P

Does anyone know why there's been a delay of almost a year between #8 and 9?

Well, it's great to see we won't have to wait for such a long time again.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Love that Josee cover.

PR_1030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donfelipe: I think the guy writing this, Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, is also dealing with the upcoming Riverdale Show on the CW. I think he was busy co-writing the first episode with Berlanti.

ScrappyDont27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Very excited to see this back on the shelves!

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr_1030 said:

@donfelipe: I think the guy writing this, Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, is also dealing with the upcoming Riverdale Show on the CW. I think he was busy co-writing the first episode with Berlanti.

Now that you mentioned it, I think, I heard, he's involved in the Supergirl show as a writer, too.

Skyhawk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally!

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@pr_1030 said:

Now that you mentioned it, I think, I heard, he's involved in the Supergirl show as a writer, too.

I kind of don't mind the delays because I'm pretty sure that this is going to be an awesome chunk read

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: I don't mind such delays either. In fact, most of the stuff I'm reading is constantly being delayed or paused between arcs, so I'm kind of used to it. If it's a well-written story then it's never a problem to wait for the next issue and arc. What I don't really appreciate is when a series is suddenly interrupted in the middle of the story, indefinitely, and without any good reason or explanation (e.g. this, Scarlet, Karnak). Since all these series including Nowhere Men have already been continued in the meantime I shall be happy, and I am! 2016 has been a great year for surprising comebacks.

PR_1030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: Are you waiting for the trade? I read everything up until now as a chunk (still want the trade!), and you're right, it's awesome.