• 54 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

All this week we've been seeing teasers for the return of the Fantastic Four. Speculation has gone on over what it means for that team, the Future Foundation and whether or not the Human Torch will return. Yesterday's teaser did confirm that Fantastic Four #600 would come out. This is what many assumed would happen after the Future Foundation series hit issue #11. Add those to the 588 issues of Fantastic Four and you get a total of 600.

Today's teaser shows us what this means for the Future Foundation.

No Caption Provided

"It's not over."

In November along with Fantastic Four #600, we will also see FF #12. Looks like the 'team' will carry on without Reed, Sue, Ben or Peter. At lease Hickman will still be there guiding them along. Can the team still operate without the grown ups?

FF #12

Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN

Art by JUAN BOBILLO

Cover by STEVE EPTING

NOVEMBER 2011

jotadex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By jotadex

just the kids???

Hooded_Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Hooded_Ninja

Isnt Alex Like 19 ??????
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

I love Hickman but this might not be the best of ideas. Not sure if the kids can sustain their own title or not.
teoP_ehT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By teoP_ehT
@jotadex: well keep in mind that some of those guys are very powerful beings... 
teoP_ehT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By teoP_ehT

From a writers stand point, I can see why they would want to have someone else on this team while the regular team is in another series (and because it clears up the tower so they don't have to deal with all these random little characters). 

However, from a business stand point, I don't see the point of this team. How is this going to sell? No offense to the characters, but when I go to the comic book store I think "oh, spidy is in this comic, I think I pick it up", but without a key seller like the Fantastic 3 and or Spider-man to back em up, this title might not be so popular. Of course, there are some readers who might continue their reading of this title even though the key players are missing, but that can't be a large group. We'll have to see how long this lasts...

jubilee042

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By jubilee042

hmmmmm cool maybe i mean if valeria led the team

Joe Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Joe Venom

Now I remember why I never liked FF books, when ever they have something good going on they suddenly just go off in a different direction! Black bolt is cool an all, but if they show one more issue him being an intergalactic pimp (in an FF book) I'm going to scream!

I don't want to see Black bolt hook up with horse chicks, not while there are multiple Reeds preparing to use earth as a gateway or something (see I'm already forgetting to plot) while the Reed is teaming up with the "We Hate Reed Richards" club for Super villains while Susan makes sandwiches!!!! I hope she knows Doom does not like mayo or this could turn to an act of war!

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mr. Kamikaze

It's possible the FF series will just be the scientific side of Fantastic Four, with a little more emphasis on the kids, while Fantastic Four deals with the team itself. In the same way Wolverine is in like 3 different titles, the F4 will now have two. Least I hope so...cause the kids alone would get annoying.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By DEGRAAF

Yea this is a bad idea. We all knew that Johnny would survive or be revived but this really seems like a step back while trying to cover their tracks. We had to see this coming though. Most writers just cant write a good comic with so many characters in it. I think Johnny should come back and they could even be the Fantastic Four again but their team should be connected and affiliated with the Future Foundation.

That book wont survive with out the members of the Fantastic Four so the F4 should just don new F4 suit that are the same as the FF suits.

MuadDiab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By MuadDiab

The latest issue was THE most confusing comic I ever read

Avatar image for black_lantern_bison22
Black_Lantern_Bison22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like this is going to end up like some kind of Boxcar Children/Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew thing. The kids work together to solve mysteries and problems while the adults do all the cool stuff. So far, the stories in the FF have been driven by the adults, the kids play mostly side parts. I don't see this going well...

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Bestostero

"We believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way" lol

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By Thunderscream
@Hooded_Ninja: I was about to say the same thing about Artie and Leech, they've at least gotta be 16. gah, comic book aging is so confusing :P
Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mutant God

wasnt this the same team before Reed Sue Ben and Peter "joined"
Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By They Killed Cap!

I think that we are going to see two different books.
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By Gambit1024

Who's the tall kid? Alex?

jerfro23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jerfro23

SO where getting fantastic 4 and future foundation comics in novmber hmm wonder how thats gonna work out
Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By Mucklefluga

Its gonna be CRAP, i give up on all the FFs now. my collection ends here.

frogjitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By frogjitsu

As long as the F4 and FF are connected this will be great!  I was wishing FF would come out more than once a month, and now hopefully this'll give me that.  Finally Marvels first family has more than one book.  They have like 50 X-books, it's about time the FF get some recognition.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20  Edited By AgeofHurricane

As long as I can read a series without so many over powered adults in them then im fine. :)

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By leokearon

"It's not over."

But I wonder how long it will last without Reed and Co?

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By ReVamp

I think this is misleading. They can't have a team without key players, they might get former FF members like Shulk, Black Panther among other to join the team.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I knew that the next teaser would explain everything

Illuminarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Illuminarch

This is a bad idea. I like the kids, but they won't swing this without the adults. Shame, because FF is my favorite Marvel comic right now, even if the last two Black Bolt issues stunk.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#25  Edited By Samimista

The two kids in it look like Jake from Two and a Half Men to me.

Illuminarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Illuminarch
@Joe Venom said:

Now I remember why I never liked FF books, when ever they have something good going on they suddenly just go off in a different direction! Black bolt is cool an all, but if they show one more issue him being an intergalactic pimp (in an FF book) I'm going to scream!

I don't want to see Black bolt hook up with horse chicks, not while there are multiple Reeds preparing to use earth as a gateway or something (see I'm already forgetting to plot) while the Reed is teaming up with the "We Hate Reed Richards" club for Super villains while Susan makes sandwiches!!!! I hope she knows Doom does not like mayo or this could turn to an act of war!

This.

The way they torpedoed the excellent narrative that was going through the first five issues with two consecutive issues centered around Black Bolt and without ANY member of the FF appearing is inexcusable.  It feels like some d*ckhead editor shoehorned that story in there (plus the art sucks now).
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#27  Edited By owie  Moderator

I liked the Black Bolt issues, but it did make me completely forget what was going on in the main storyline. 

Also, how does this numbering work?  If there are two series, and the Future Foundation series is continuing at #12, how do they simultaneously add those 12 issues to the Fantastic Four series in order for it to reach #600?  In other words, they're making the last 12 FF issues count towards both the Future Foundation and the Fantastic Four.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Sure are a lot of teasers going on with this whole deal.  Let's just have it already I say.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#29  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Well I'm glad the FF is still going to exist but the return of the 4 really is a poor move.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#30  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

We since both the X-Men and Avengers have their own school's, it was only a matter of time before the FF got their academy :P

But honestly if these are the main characters, I can already see this failing because really, who cares for half of these characters? I mean, sure Valeria, Franklin, and Alex are cool, and maybe the Wizard clone kid, but does anyone really care about the rest of these characters?

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Mutant God
@War Killer
I care about Leech and Artie
mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mewmdude77

wait, It make sense now! the kids as a time being Future Foundation makes sense since kids are the  future!

GT-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By GT-Man

GT-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By GT-Man

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

"This is what many assumed would happen after the Future Foundation series hit issue #11. Add those to the 588 issues of Fantastic Four and you get a total of 600." 
588 + 11 = 600.......this is what sucks about the industry right now. 
As for the story of the teen FF I hope they can keep up their own title for a while.

MatKrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

#36  Edited By MatKrenz

All I can say about this is that these have to be the vaguest Marvel teasers ever.

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
fenixREVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By fenixREVOLUTION

@jubilee042 said:

hmmmmm cool maybe i mean if valeria led the team

If Valeria was leading the team, I'd probably pick it up, just because of that.

frochez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By frochez

Looks to me like they're doing to fantastic four/future foundation what they did to xmen. It's a fairly sound idea; if they have the older team starring in their own comic while making guest appearances in the other (and vice versa), it'll give the creative team a chance to develop new characters and ideas while holding onto the old ones. 
The only danger I see would come from Wolverine advertising (the old bait and switch routine) and ending up with more characters running around than they really have roles for....

jotadex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jotadex
@teoP_ehT:  no doubt about it! it just seems to short time for Future foundation to disappear in a way
SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SpidermanWins

I think this is defnetly the best path they could have chosen for both FFs and their members. The question is...will Johnny return?
sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By sparty-dbq

So wait, the series to this point has counted towards the numbering of Fantastic Four #600, but will still continue on it's own along with 600?  So it's basically counted as two series in one?  does that not make sense to anyone else? 

Doesn't matter, I guess.  Unless Doom sticks around (doubtful), this series will bomb (sales wise) without the Four.

Clue_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Clue_

Told you.

huser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By huser
@Gambit1024 said:
Who's the tall kid? Alex?
If it is then he's like almost 20. Hanging out with a bunch of prepubescents looks pretty weird especially in this cover.
JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#44  Edited By JonesDeini

Sigh, it hasn't been confirmed that Four will go beyond 600. 600 is an anniversary issue, and until Hickman or a top tier rep at Marvel says otherwise I'll not see it as anything else. So Until further notice Reed, Sue, Ben, Pete are in the FF and will continue to be so. 

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

honestly..i have no idea who any of those kids are...nor do i really want to know...thus i probably won't read it, and most non Fantastic Four lovers would probably think similarly 

MTHarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#46  Edited By MTHarman

Lol...... I remember when Dragon Man was once a mindles rampaging monster.
Handski253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Handski253

I'm curious whether or not we can read FF until 600 comes out and then the two series will split off from the same point and if people want, they can just jump over to F4 following continuity from the FFs that came before it.

greenarrows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By greenarrows

Zing!!!!  Called it!

Tyranisrex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Tyranisrex

Dunno, I think just that Line Up may make for a better book.  It's at least a step in the right direction for something new instead of constantly rehashing the same old same old.....

~Rex

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ThanosIsMad

My guess is that F4 600 is just a tribute issue and from FF 12, business will continue as usual.