Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES #59

(W) Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman (A/CA) Dave Wachter

The Turtles return to NYC thinking that the worst is finally behind them. Little do they know that the ultimate danger lurks within their very headquarters!

Item Code: APR160470In Shops: 6/15/2016SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 0

LOVING THE ART!

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Why can't the new movies be half as good as these comics?

apokos7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I have heard this series is extremely good. Does anyone know whether there is an end in sight (limited maxi-series) or is it an ongoing?

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apokos7: Issue 50 is a good stopping point.

apokos7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@william300: Thanks! So 1-50 is like one big saga with smaller arcs one leading to the next? Also, would you suggest the hardcover IDW collections or the trade paperbacks? The hardcovers contain the mini-series, too. Are they as good as the main series?

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apokos7: the mini series are good, but some of there plots are resolved in the main series, so it might be a good idea to get them to.

apokos7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@william300: Ok, thank you for your suggestions! I'll keep them in mind.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

If this was a cartoon it be one of those episodes where they use a "YOOOOOOOOO" sound clip all the time.

CrunchBerry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#10  Edited By Teerack

@crunchberry: did you watch ninja turtle cartoon from like 2003? They did this thing in the show that made me laugh every time where when ever they said the name of splinter's master or showed some kinda old ninja in a flash back they had a sound clip go "yooooooooooo"

mantequilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 193

@apokos7: If you want to start reading the series you have 2 options: TPBs or the Deluxe HC's IDW calls IDW Collection HC

TPBs collect 4 issues each and the story is already collected to #50 in 13 TPBs; most of the arcs in the series are 4 or 8 part stories so most of the TPBs have a complete arc. The negative side of these volumes is that they don't include any of the mini-series that are important to the story; if you really want the complete story you would have to also buy the mini's TPBs

On the other hand, HCs contain 12 issues of the main story plus additional issues from the mini-series (making 16-17 issues per volume) and all of them in chronological order; this is very important because you avoid having to investigate between where issues of the main story does this or that mini goes.

In the end I would recommend the HCs for 3 reasons: commodity of ordered chronology, its price as it cost the same if you buy only the main TPBs but cheaper if you also go for the mini's TPBs, and finally, the HCs design looks cooler than the TPBs. The disadvantage is that right now there are only 2 HCs goint up to issue #20 that was just released in february and they release them 1 volume each year so you would have to wait a lot of time to finish the story

apokos7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mantequilla: Thank you for your very complete answer. I might go for the hardcovers then, if I decide to give the series a try.

CrunchBerry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: oh ok. weird. no, I never saw the 2k3 cartoon

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

According to Bleeding Cool's rumour mill, this issue will apparently see the death of another main cast member of the TMNT, this time supposedly it will be more permanent than Donatello's 'demise.' Assuming this rumour turns out true, my money's on Alopex or Master Splinter, they can't kill off any of the Turtles again.