Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES #51

(W) Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman (A/CA) Ken Garing

A new age begins for the TMNT. The epic events of TMNT #50 have created new opportunity... and dangers. Will the family stay united in the face of a devastating new foe?

Bullet points:

• New status quo! Great jumping on point for new readers!

• Part of IDW's Artist's Edition Month promotion!

Item Code: AUG150340In Shops: 10/28/2015SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Wow are those seriously The Jammers from TMNT Fast Forward? I'd heard characters from that show were supposed to show up in IDW's TMNT but I didn't realise it would be so soon.

Dedpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

really need to catch up with this.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

is Santolouco just taking a break or is he off the book? I really hope it's just a break

nikko72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I agree without Santolouco this book may not make it, without an artist with equal talent to Santolouco.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nikko72 said:

I agree without Santolouco this book may not make it, without an artist with equal talent to Santolouco.

there's definitely nothing to worry about...word of mouth for this book is amazingly good....if Santolouco isn't coming back while it is unfortunate it doesn't mean that the book is in danger

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Such a weird turn of events

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Santoloucos art as much as the next guy, but I'm ready for a new artist on this book. At least for a little bit. Honestly, I would love to se Duncan back on drawing duties for a while.

blur1528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

I've been fond of all the rotating artists really. I would love to see Duncan do a couple more story arcs!!

Avatar image for myfavoriteviltrumite23
MyFavoriteViltrumite23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love being a Turtle

ScrappyDont27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Excited to see where the story goes!

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By kagato

Still taking queues from the Image run huh? I approve, though i liked Raph running around dressed as Shredder more...still...this is good too ^_^

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like this issue is going to make me hold back tears, after the way 50 left off with Mikey, and him not fighting alongside his bros here. Stupid turtles making me feel feelings.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: It'll be cool to see Mikey take the spotlight this way though, Waltz and Curnow have promised that each year has a main role for each Turtle. Raph was the first focus reuniting with his brothers, then Leo got the spotlight after being controlled by the Shredder, then Donnie had the biggest role with everything he's been through and now it's Mikey's turn. Should be pretty cool to see what happens and the reunion when Mikey reunites with his brothers.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dedpool said:

really need to catch up with this.

Me too.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By tparks

@lvenger: Oh ya. Don't take my comment as a complaint. I'm very excited for Mikey's turn in the spotlight. Seeing the overly positive, always happy, most innocent, and the one brother to always step up when someone needs to help keep the peace in the family, and arguably the most loyal turtle to his brothers turning his back on what his family now stands for, is going to be a very difficult read, but in a good way. I just don't want to be a grown man holding back tears, because of some turtles and a rat. Lol

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Lol it's fine, the IDW comics make you feel that about some Turtles and a rat.

comicbookfan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: please explain who the jammers are as I've no idea whatsoever

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicbookfan93: Essentially the Jammers are from a show called TMNT Fast Forward where the Turtles and Splinter get pulled 100+ years into the future, maybe 200. They're a street gang who steal the latest and most up to date high tech stuff and then sell it off to the highest bidder. They also have phasing/intangible tech where they can phase through objects though I guess here they're using cloaking technology instead.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: What do you think of he Jammers being brought to IDW? I'm sure there will be some minor differences to the characters to fit the story, like IDW's done with all the other characters brought to the story, but so far I think they've done a great job of giving just enough fan service that most people don't care anyways. You have similar expectations?

Mars8254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was actually close to dropping this, but issue #50 has me interested in the future of the Turtles. Liked Santolouco art more, but im fine with a change.

Divell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wow i'm gonna star reading TMNT

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: I guess so, like cloaking tech instead of outright phasing and maybe invisibility tech instead. I expect they'll keep them stealing and selling high tech to criminals albeit in a contemporary environment. IDW have been good with the 80s fan service to Bebop and Rocksteady so there's plenty of reasons to think they'll be willing to give equal fan service to the 4Kids cartoon fans. I'm looking forward to The Pantheon getting involved more in the TMNT world myself given what the Casey and April mini series showed of them.

galacticshrub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm really digging the new art style. It definitely has more of a classic turtles vibe. This book has been doing great things and issue #50 was god damned epic, so I can't wait to see the direction it goes from here.

nickxh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's Duncan up to these days?

pingclang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

@nickxh: He does storyboard art for the Ultimate Spiderman cartoon or least he was when I spoke to him at HeroesCon 2 years ago.

I'm gonna be the odd man out and say I'm so glad to see a different artist finally. I do not get the Santoluoco obsession but that's just me. I really dig this guy's art though.

worldFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The art got worse again. :(

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By tparks

@lvenger said:

@tparks: I guess so, like cloaking tech instead of outright phasing and maybe invisibility tech instead. I expect they'll keep them stealing and selling high tech to criminals albeit in a contemporary environment. IDW have been good with the 80s fan service to Bebop and Rocksteady so there's plenty of reasons to think they'll be willing to give equal fan service to the 4Kids cartoon fans. I'm looking forward to The Pantheon getting involved more in the TMNT world myself given what the Casey and April mini series showed of them.

I'm looking forward to the Pantheon finally paying off in the story too. It will be nice to have some demon fodder that the turtles can actually kill without it being an out of character morals thing for them also. It will make for some nice action scenes.

I have to say though, that the Casey/April micro-series was by far my last favorite thing IDW has done with the turtles so far. It just seemed like nothing really happened for four issues, until the last two pages. Plus, if Casey is a star of a comic, I feel like he has to wear a mask, and kick at least a little random thug @ss, but he never even put the mask on.