Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

SUPERWOMAN #6

No Caption Provided

(W) Phil Jimenez (A) Phil Jimenez, Matt Santorelli (CA) Ivan Reis

"WHO KILLED SUPERWOMAN?" part six! In this penultimate chapter, Lana Lang prepares to grapple with the insane, god-like Lena Luthor as her army of allies launches their assault on the Bizaress swarm! Will the combined might of Steel, Natasha, Maggie Sawyer and the MSCU, Atomic Skull and Lex Luthor be enough to win the day? Plus, the secret origin of Lena Luthor is revealed!

RATED T

NOV160260 In Shops: Jan 11, 2017 SRP: $2.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

I gave up on DC comics a while back. Is Lana... super now? o.o Someone explain this?

Zackboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@teerack: in the death of superman (new 52 superman) lana and lois somehow got super powers. lois got superman's standard power while lana got the superman red/blue power. and in the first issue lois died

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zackboom said:

@teerack: in the death of superman (new 52 superman) lana and lois somehow got super powers. lois got superman's standard power while lana got the superman red/blue power. and in the first issue lois died

What? So... Lois isn't Superwoman? That really sucks I was interested in that. :c I like the idea of Lana being Superwoman Red/Blue.

redmanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

i have to say i really like this book a lot

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Lana Lang is Superwoman? Didn't the the solicits for the first issue of this series say Lois was Superwoman? I remember hearing she died but I also thought she had come back... can someone explain what this comic is actually about because this isn't making a whole lot of sense to me.

Avatar image for 51stpresidentofplanetneutral
51stPresidentofPlanetNeutral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

@teerack said:
@zackboom said:

What? So... Lois isn't Superwoman? That really sucks I was interested in that. :c I like the idea of Lana being Superwoman Red/Blue.

With the first issue's cover art, a lot of people thought it was going to be a Superwoman book with Lois as the lead, and Lana as back-up. Then the writers (unexpectedly) killed off Lois in the first issue, and subsequently revealed that SPOILER: Lois and Lana's new powers were killing them, and since Lois is gone, it looks like Lana might be going her way.

You should check out some of the DC Rebirth titles. DC has been killing it lately with stuff like Batman Beyond, Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes and Ted Kord), New Super-Man (arrogant, young Chinese boy is given Superman's life force, his chi basically, by a scientist looking to create a Justice League for China), and so many others. They're actually bringing back pre-52 Lobo (who's revealed to have always been around), Max Lord (the dick who killed Ted Kord), and the Justice League of America (Lobo, The Ray (Ray Terrill), The Atom (Ryan Choi), Black Canary, Vixen, Killer Frost and Batman). I'd also recommend the Justice League of America: The Atom one-shot.

Zackboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

What they said ^

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, what is this female Luthor? Did Earth-13 invade New Earth?

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@NukeA6 said:

Wait, what is this female Luthor? Did Earth-13 invade New Earth?

You mean earth 11 and no.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Too many Superman's/swomans omg.

Is luthors family all bald.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:
@zackboom said:

With the first issue's cover art, a lot of people thought it was going to be a Superwoman book with Lois as the lead, and Lana as back-up. Then the writers (unexpectedly) killed off Lois in the first issue, and subsequently revealed that SPOILER: Lois and Lana's new powers were killing them, and since Lois is gone, it looks like Lana might be going her way.

You should check out some of the DC Rebirth titles. DC has been killing it lately with stuff like Batman Beyond, Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes and Ted Kord), New Super-Man (arrogant, young Chinese boy is given Superman's life force, his chi basically, by a scientist looking to create a Justice League for China), and so many others. They're actually bringing back pre-52 Lobo (who's revealed to have always been around), Max Lord (the dick who killed Ted Kord), and the Justice League of America (Lobo, The Ray (Ray Terrill), The Atom (Ryan Choi), Black Canary, Vixen, Killer Frost and Batman). I'd also recommend the Justice League of America: The Atom one-shot.

Nope. Not going to waste my time reading a single dc title again because even if any of it is above the DC standard of mediocrity I'm sure in three years from right now there will be some event called rebirth crisis or something unoriginal where all of this gets thrown in the trash for the 10th time.

Also telling me to read this book after what you guys just told me about it doesn't have the desired effect i think you think it does. >.< It sounds kinda garbage if you ask me :V It just kind of confirms DC is still just stuck in gimmicks using shock value as a way of hiding their lack of writing talent and their completely inability to do anything different. When I saw this I thought "Hey Lana was probably the best part of the New 52 Superman stuff I kinda wanna read this" and the idea of Lois for real being a big time super hero in the main DC universe seemed really exciting because DC actually doesn't do anything new, but they kill Lois and now it looks like Lana is going to die to or at the very least lose her powers. Sounds like a great way of prolonging not doing anything different with those characters while still being allowed to promote themselves as if they are.

When it comes to the "New Superman," not to be too cynical but he should just be named less compelling Amadeus Cho. You're saying Batman Beyond is good again? Is Tim Drake still Batman? If so, I disagree. Max Lord was never cool. Killer Frost on the Justice League does sound pretty cool but as a whole I don't think I have it in me to ever get back in a JL book again considering they are always dragged down by bad cross over events. Ted Kord is one of the best characters DC ever conceived and considering how they basically pushed him out of their universe for over a half decades I kind of have zero faith in their ability to write Ted Kord without turning him to shit. Never cared or found the Atom a little bit interesting. Lobo being back is fine i guess? I don't really care one way or the other about that character tho changing him so much in the new 52 was just the kinda thing that made me give up on DC because they don't even try to hide how little their respect their characters.

Wasn't really planning on this post being so big. :P

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love an earth 11 mini series instead.

El_tio_este

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: Don't forget the they killed literally superboy(kon-El) twice. For me he was the one who had earned the mantle the most and then the new52 version never got the chance to improve, because at the beginning he was just another jerk that could show some kind of evolution as a character and his origin as a clone is by far more cool than just being the son of superman, like the actual wannabe superboy, jon ''smith''.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: Don't forget the they killed literally superboy(kon-El) twice. For me he was the one who had earned the mantle the most and then the new52 version never got the chance to improve, because at the beginning he was just another jerk that could show some kind of evolution as a character and his origin as a clone is by far more cool than just being the son of superman, like the actual wannabe superboy, jon ''smith''.

Oh man. Just no realizing how insanely long it's been since there was a Superboy book or Kon was on a Titan team... damn that's depressing. You would think they would have brought Kon back when they brought back Wally.

mantequilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 193

#16  Edited By mantequilla

@zackboom: what is going on with Lena or how is she involved in this? I loved how Johns introduced her in Darkseid War but later hated how in JL 50-something they put her in a coma and made Luthor come back from Apokolips and be the new Superman because she inspired him to be better or to honor her or something like that even thought she shot him.

Speaking of Darkseid War, does this series explains why Lena served Darkseid or with this issue hinting about her secret origin do you think it will explain her involvement in the event?

El_tio_este

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:
@el_tio_este said:

Oh man. Just no realizing how insanely long it's been since there was a Superboy book or Kon was on a Titan team... damn that's depressing. You would think they would have brought Kon back when they brought back Wally.

Well, at least they did it good bringing back wally. From the beginning I didn't think that, erasing a character so long stablished and changing his new version into a teenager with different ethnic origin(he was redhead with green eyes and now he is african-american) make sense. Anyway, I'm going to read that upcoming supersons comic book, because....................I don't know, maybe I'm masochistic XD...........and also I'm curious if there is a chance that they will bring kon back. In the story that made batman think that Tim drake is dead, at the end it was seen that he was being held in a cell by Mr. Oz and there were two cells empty that made me believe that in a near future we could see something like a ''young justice rebirth'', after all DC will bring back the animated show, maybe it's just me and my stupid hope but this would be the perfect excuse to revive them using the show as advertising for the team. In my mind all this make sense. XD

pansito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@el_tio_este: they killed him?(the new 52 version)

if so in what issue

El_tio_este

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pansito: Well they killed kon for the first time in the new continuity in the H'ELL on earth arc and again and for the last time in an issue of teen titans vol5, around #11-14 I think. Well I don't really think that one can be considered literally killing him but since there is a little kid, which happens to be the son of the preflashpoint superman, holding the title of superboy we can be forget about seeing the return of the true superboy anytime soon. (I like jon but I don't like that to stablish him as superboy they had to erase the other one)

DerbyCityRose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By DerbyCityRose

May give this a look, it intrigues me.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Teerack
@doctordamn said:

@teerack: What are Supes's "red and blue" powers?

Flight and strength but not as strong(i think). A large amount of different energy manipulations.(electricity, radiation, etc.) Instead of just basic head vision their eye beams were lighting or what ever type of energy they wanted it to be. Kinda similar to captain marvel at marvel comics plus a little more lightning.

Also his powers were now on and off. It wouldnt be a super person pretending to be normal superman was either an energy being or a normal vulnerable human.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@cosmoman said:

@zeeguy91: I'm aware it's L.L. There are, however, MULTIPLE versions of her and I am only familiar with 2 incarations. The crippled one of Earth Prime, and the Brainiac of Earth 2. Never seen (last name taken a lil too literally) this version of her.

Lol. This IS the paraplegic version. If you'd been keeping up with the series, you'd know that this isn't some alternate Earth version of Lena. This is the main earth version. The mother box that's been hanging around Lexcorp mutated her brain, granting her psychic powers allowing her to overcome her paralysis.

Bane13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@teerack said:

I gave up on DC comics a while back. Is Lana... super now? o.o Someone explain this?

I gave up on everything but manga. Now, trying them all again, as much as I can stomach. Female Luthor looks cool. If that's what that is.