Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

SUPERMAN REBIRTH #1

(W) Peter J. Tomasi (A) Doug Mahnke, Jaime Mendoza (CA) Doug Mahnke

The world needs a Man of Steel, but can Superman protect the world while raising a super-son with his wife, Lois Lane?

IT BEGINS: Now it's Clark's turn to be Pa Kent and teach his son what it means to be super, but who is hunting Superman's son-and why?

Item Code: APR160276 In Shops: 6/1/2016 SRP: $2.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

You show up in a black suit after Superman dies. Of course she's gonna think her Clark's back from the dead.

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta say, I love how this Superman looks a lot like Jor-El with the beard and no cape.

superhoodie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks Interesting.

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait... does that mean Clark thinks Superman-52 will pull a '' Death of Superman'' ? I mean he did it himself so I guess that is a possibility...

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I feel like New 52 Superman is going to stay gone until Pre 52 Supes has finished carrying this soft reboot.

Let Pre 52 Supes bring the heart and soul and heroism back to the DCU and when the DCU is properly rebuilt bring back New 52 Supes and Rebuild him as a major player

MultipleMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rebirth is going to kill my wallet.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That optimism and shared experience talking, Love it!

"I'm waiting."

"Waiting for what?"

"For your Superman to come back."

apokos7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Let's just take a moment and appreciate Doug Mahnke's art, everyone.

Can't wait for next week's Rebirth books!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Why is Lana sneaking around at the memorial for this Superman? I mean Pre Flashpoint Superman's reason makes sense, he thinks this Superman will come back like he did. Hoping for the heart and heroism that Pre Flashpoint Superman represented well about the previous era of DC to be brought back to Superman comics, that's been missing for too long now. Even if it had to come at the cost of New 52 Superman, that guy went out OKish. A better death than his predecessor.

Avatar image for mattydavehalpeo
MattyDaveHalPeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone said that the Eradicator is coming back. I've seen Hank Henshaw and Steel for the first time in ages. Old Supes is wearing basically the same suit he wore when he came back from the dead, and he thinks new Supes will do the same. We've got a new version of Superboy.

Why does this all sound strangely familiar?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@multipleman:

No Caption Provided

Except you'll see that line twice a month for most books.

Avatar image for mattydavehalpeo
MattyDaveHalPeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta say, I love how this Superman looks a lot like Jor-El with the beard and no cape.

I think he looks more like Zod. When I visualise Jor-El, he's wearing a bright green and red suit with a massive yellow star on the front.

AriesWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gmanfromheck: Wonder Woman looks like WW from #600. I liked her, she was metal \m/

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Oh my God... I love this.. though my heart ache when I think about New 52 Supes.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, they are teasing the return of N52 Supes so much that I'm suspecting it won't happen. At least not soon (Unless the book doesn't sell good, then he'll be back quite fast I'd say :p).

I guess that by leaving this door open it's also a way of calming down his fans so they don't go full ragemode... This way they can still get the money and attention needed for the book.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in

SEGENIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This seems like good jumping point for me

deadpool25mm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"I'm waiting."

"Waiting for what?"

And with that, my hope is cautiously restoring... So PreSupes is basically holding down the fort until NewSupes returns? If this is true, I'm officially back on board. Probably still won't read the comics for a while, but I now have something to be optimistic about

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

I can't wait to read this... a year from now. Stupid inconsistent trade releases.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reactor said:
@ultimatesmfan said:

"I'm waiting."

"Waiting for what?"

And with that, my hope is cautiously restoring... So PreSupes is basically holding down the fort until NewSupes returns? If this is true, I'm officially back on board. Probably still won't read the comics for a while, but I now have something to be optimistic about

Maybe. Not really a sure thing. Just like the feeling i get reading those words from Superman. The same feeling i got when Saturn girl in rebirth said "Everything's going to be ok" after hearing that superman died, because she's seen the future.

Anyway if you've read Rebirth and i'm guessing you did, you'll know that there's a deeper mystery behind this Superman, his family and even new 52 Superman, so we'll just have to sit tight and hope for some great comics along the way.

Drocta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Drocta

Again, I hope this brooding-over-Supermillennial period doesn't last much longer. Sure, pay it lip service for this issue, but then move on after this. We got some non-emo Superman-ing to do!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arieswarlock: Yeah, that was the old promo they used when they first made that declaration. Now they've gone back.

Lunarstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of these titles are gonna be really good and twice a month too. That is just gonna be killing it on the market.

JimmyJLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Well if you've read any of the future solicits, it's shown that there is a Clark Kent and a Superman. So I guess it's implying that new 52 supes will come back but without powers, and will just live his life as Clark Kent.

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Honestly I feel like New 52 Superman is going to stay gone until Pre 52 Supes has finished carrying this soft reboot.

Let Pre 52 Supes bring the heart and soul and heroism back to the DCU and when the DCU is properly rebuilt bring back New 52 Supes and Rebuild him as a major player

Agreed!

Avatar image for constantine1610
constantine1610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No capes!

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BappyRonChantin

I feel like bringing n52 Supes anytime soon will be a bit pointless and It will be hard to give him a proper role now as long as pre-n52 Supes is around. Also the writers will have to deal with his relationship with Diana who imo is much better on her own. Bringing him back as a major player will make things worse as it may end up turning him villainous. I say either bring him back after a long time when people start to fed up with pre-n52 Supes or bring him back powerless and let him live a normal life until that point.

AriesWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#31  Edited By entropy_aegis

@mattydavehalpeo said:

Someone said that the Eradicator is coming back. I've seen Hank Henshaw and Steel for the first time in ages. Old Supes is wearing basically the same suit he wore when he came back from the dead, and he thinks new Supes will do the same. We've got a new version of Superboy.

Why does this all sound strangely familiar?

Yes Eradicator is coming back, Henshaw was introduced recently in Lois and Clark but he's not Cyborg Superman yet, Steel though goes back all the way to the start of the New-52 in Morrison's Action. He was a recurring character in Pak's Action as well.

Still cant disagree with your larger point, the return of Henshaw, arcs with Eradicator and Doomsday, a new Superboy, the Chinese Superman, Superwoman and Lex running around wearing the S shield all are reminiscent of Reign of the Supermen.

Lex=Henshaw

Lois=Steel

Jon + Kong= Conner

Even the phony villain who thought he was Superman can be equated with Eradicator.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Finally I'm excited for both Superman titles. Rebirth has me really optimistic about DC.

JTMac005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gmanfromheck: I'm sad because Conner Kent is in that older promo you posted from 2010 (?), but he is nowhere in rebirth..

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wowlock said:

Wait... does that mean Clark thinks Superman-52 will pull a '' Death of Superman'' ? I mean he did it himself so I guess that is a possibility...

the only difference would be this one got disintergrated. The old one still had the body to heal. Unless he went to the future or past for some reason.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#35  Edited By 2cool4fun

LOL

@gmanfromheck said:

@multipleman:

No Caption Provided

Except you'll see that line twice a month for most books.

I swear WW looks pretty good with pants in this pic ( and in the first peeks of the new 52 JL ), wish they would just let her keep the pants >_>

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, Johns set up all the pieces for the return of good stories going forward, unfortunately he's not writing any of these books going forward. Hopefully the writers, and editorial, can keep the momentum going and keep me interested.

Also, I'd prefer to never see New 52 Superman ever again. Five years of bad and forgettable stories that should stay just that, forgotten.

jsawyerjj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@multipleman: Dude who are you telling!?! I feel like I need to start asking my manager for overtime for the next couple of years! LOL!

apg103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i don't really care about the latest DC reboot. The whole fact they had to do one means there not doing something right.

But that superman costume is cool, so is the look with the beard and all, looks badass

VVknight2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well if you've read any of the future solicits, it's shown that there is a Clark Kent and a Superman. So I guess it's implying that new 52 supes will come back but without powers, and will just live his life as Clark Kent.

I don't think that that's New 52 Superman I think it's someone else pretending to be Clark Kent.

VVknight2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, Johns set up all the pieces for the return of good stories going forward, unfortunately he's not writing any of these books going forward. Hopefully the writers, and editorial, can keep the momentum going and keep me interested.

Also, I'd prefer to never see New 52 Superman ever again. Five years of bad and forgettable stories that should stay just that, forgotten.

He was written pretty well in Final Days Of Superman it really made you feel for him and actually see him as Superman too bad it was five years to late.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

the only thing that has me concerned about Rebirth is how they're going to address the doubles of Clark and Lois....okay two things have me concerned about Rebirth....the second is how the heroes all react to the still missing heroes, friends, and family....if this is still the Pre52 Earth and history has been altered then how does Clark react to losing his mother, Connor Kent, and Chris Kent

will reality be reset after "the darkness" is defeated? So far only Barry, Clark, and Wally have their old memories....what about everyone else?

Soldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apokos7 said:

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still disappointed with how DC handled n52 Superman, but this comic looks really good. I'm gonna have to pick it up.

adrikito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh. for a few seconds I thought the same as Lana although I knew it was impossible..

Although no matter what happens I receive the same disappointment

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soldy said:
@apokos7 said:

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

This looks really interesting. I can't wait for next week to get here.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Calling it. They're going to retcon it so that New 52 Supes was never really Superman at all. He was just a creation of Mr. Oz or someone whose memories had been overridden by Mr. Oz. Hm, now that I think about it, it might be that New 52 Supes was really Pre-N52 Eradicator, and that Mr. Oz (seeing that the real Superman was missing from the timeline after DM's mucking about with it) made Eradicator believe he was Superman.

Either way, they're likely gonna pull a Joseph/Magneto type situation.

VVknight2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By VVknight2

But why can't he be Superman we've seen his origin we've seen that he was born on Krypton to Jor-El and Laura and we've seen him put in a rocket to escape it being destroyed and we've seen him raised by the Kents they can't retcon that we've seen his life plus it's not that hard to understand there are two versions of Lois Lane and Hal Jordan plus eradicator already died back in the Pre New 52 Universe.

Kid_jakeriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I Wonder if New 52 Superman is going to turn out to be Eradicatior.

VVknight2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_jakeriv: But why and how we've seen his history is it too much to process multiple versions of the same character.