Exclusive Preview: SUICIDE SQUAD #3

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The Squad is on a mission, and it's not going too well. They already appear to have lost a member. When General Zod was accidentally freed from the Phantom Zone, things are likely to get worse.

No Caption Provided

SUICIDE SQUAD #3

(W) Rob Williams (A/CA) Jim Lee, Scott Williams

"THE BLACK VAULT" part 3! It looks like a well-deserved day off for the Suicide Squad-until things go off the rails when the bizarre energies of the dark sphere Amanda Waller's team brought back slowly drive everyone in Belle Reve Penitentiary to acts of violent, bloody madness. Everyone except the crown princess of crazy, Harley Quinn, who's somehow been...cured? Now contains back-up story featuring art by Declan Shalvey. The chilling history of the Suicide Squad's most mysterious member, this lavishly illustrated story reveals how the deadly warrior Katana came to be.

JUL160348 In Shops: Sep 28, 2016 SRP: $2.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

casper4690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Not digging Lees art at all

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Tempted to check it out.

adrikito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By adrikito

N52 Zod, is a true general, he is the same....

Superman is weak to magic .. zod had just weakened by echantress?

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still mad about you know who dying last issue. Hopefully he's floating around the Phantom Zone or something.

apokos7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Issue two was vastly superior to issue one (though to be fair issue one was way too short to establish anything) so I'm excited to see where this goes.

UltimatePower6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

I must admit, listening to screamo music while reading these previews has really intensified Enchantress, especially when I got to her and the lyrics were screaming "Let me out!"

Otherwise, I'm not sure how to feel about this title. I see cool elements, but I'm wondering if any of them are actually well utilized.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@thepreface: Without his feet? I don't think so and maybe they'l bring in his son to replace him.

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9  Edited By DD208

This is the first time i've seen heat vision not going in the same direction as the head is faced. I can't remember anyone drawing heat vision from eyes looking to the right or left. Of course I haven't read a lot of Superman lately.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shouldn't killer Croc be dead from that one blast of heat vision? I mean dude is not that strong in the grand scale of things, he's just a buff human with tougher skin.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow this looks bad

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shouldn't killer Croc be dead from that one blast of heat vision? I mean dude is not that strong in the grand scale of things, he's just a buff human with tougher skin.

PIS is a glorious thing ain't it?

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I despise the SS movie lineup and most of their team members. Although it would be great if zod killed them, he won't.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titanbreaker said:

Only reason a match up like this even lasts more than a few pages. Zod should speedblitz them in seconds. After all guy took down MMH.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@nerevarine_11 said:
@titanbreaker said:

Only reason a match up like this even lasts more than a few pages. Zod should speedblitz them in seconds. After all guy took down MMH.

Seriously they shouldn't even be alive at this point. Zod should have murdered them all.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thought as much the way last issue ended, Enchantress would have to step in.

Hey remember in Flashpoint when skinny superman landed hard on her and she exploded...Fun stuff.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
@titanbreaker said:
@nerevarine_11 said:
@titanbreaker said:

Seriously they shouldn't even be alive at this point. Zod should have murdered them all.

I mean whats worse is that hes going to join this team afterwards....why? Why would Zod of all people work under Waller with people he reviles? I mean he believes himself above humans to boot.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
@titanbreaker said:
@nerevarine_11 said:
@titanbreaker said:

I mean whats worse is that hes going to join this team afterwards....why? Why would Zod of all people work under Waller with people he reviles? I mean he believes himself above humans to boot.

How could Waller even keep someone like Zod under control? He would never submit to her will even if she did somehow manage to get a bomb inside of his head. Many times Zod has shown he would rather die than accept defeat, he would never be someone's slave.

Also if he was on the team, what is the point of the rest of them? How could they ever balance that out?

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11 said:
@lvenger said:
@titanbreaker said:
@nerevarine_11 said:
@titanbreaker said:

How could Waller even keep someone like Zod under control? He would never submit to her will even if she did somehow manage to get a bomb inside of his head. Many times Zod has shown he would rather die than accept defeat, he would never be someone's slave.

Also if he was on the team, what is the point of the rest of them? How could they ever balance that out?

The only ulterior reason I could see it happening is because Zod wants to get to Superman....but thats also stupid because he can do that on his own merits...this Rebirth book along with JL seem to be complete and utter crap in terms of some internal consistency. Waller wouldn't even get far enough to have a bomb that could kill Zod. He'd shrug it off unless its some Tsar Bomba type thing but that would level a city.

As for the later point yeah I don't get that either. The Squad in Ostranders run did fight some super powered threats, but they never had anybody on Zod's tier join their team.

I hate when a movie blatantly influences this book. Especially when said movie is bad.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Titanbreaker

@nerevarine_11 said:

The only ulterior reason I could see it happening is because Zod wants to get to Superman....but thats also stupid because he can do that on his own merits...this Rebirth book along with JL seem to be complete and utter crap in terms of some internal consistency. Waller wouldn't even get far enough to have a bomb that could kill Zod. He'd shrug it off unless its some Tsar Bomba type thing but that would level a city.

As for the later point yeah I don't get that either. The Squad in Ostranders run did fight some super powered threats, but they never had anybody on Zod's tier join their team.

I hate when a movie blatantly influences this book. Especially when said movie is bad.

Follow the money right?

Give it some time, next the Suicide Squad will be picking up Spectre or the Anti-moniter. Perhaps get Orion and Black Adam on the team.

The skies the limit for a small black ops team.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Well Waller did say that if Superman went rouge who will be able to stop him. Now we're going to find out...

BlackKaizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All this whining about zod joining the team, their gonna be fighting the league in the next big crossover, so they at least need a heavy hitter of zods caliber to stand a rats ass chance.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All this whining about zod joining the team, their gonna be fighting the league in the next big crossover, so they at least need a heavy hitter of zods caliber to stand a rats ass chance.

But that in itself is stupid. What reason outside of character induced stupidity or plot induced stupidity does Zod have to join a small team of black ops humans while being under the thumb of a human...Zod is a megalomaniac who does thing on his own merits and hates humanity to boot. Its out of character for the thought of him even being submissive to another team of humans given his powers and ego.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably best to just read the story and see how it plays out

BlackKaizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BlackKaizer

@blackkaizer said:

But that in itself is stupid. What reason outside of character induced stupidity or plot induced stupidity does Zod have to join a small team of black ops humans while being under the thumb of a human...Zod is a megalomaniac who does thing on his own merits and hates humanity to boot. Its out of character for the thought of him even being submissive to another team of humans given his powers and ego.

Why dont you actually find out in the story itself before dismissing it as PIS?

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11 said:
@blackkaizer said:

Why dont you actually find out in the story itself before dismissing it as PIS?

You don't have to do something stupid to verify its stupid.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Really liked issue #2, liking where this book is going.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Book is ok, all I can say is that it did improve considerably with #2.

@nerevarine_11 said:
@titanbreaker said:

Yeah and that wasn't PIS at all...

@blackkaizer said:

Or maybe you should atleast wait for the writer to given an explanation? for all you know she promises him a time travel machine that takes him back to Krypton, there it just took 2 seconds for me to imagine an angle for Zod. Plus there's K-nite galore in the DCU to keep him in check on the field and red sun lamps in his cells during confinement.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@foxerdes said:

GENERAL IS BACK

I love that they still use his design from Superman/Wonderwoman.

Same, that might me my favourite design for Zod thus far.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@entropy_aegis: great point. No doubt Waller could come up with enough kryptonite for a special issue Zod neck bomb

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@lvenger said:
@titanbreaker said:
@nerevarine_11 said:
@titanbreaker said:

I had to look this up in disbelief of this claim but surprise surprise you're right. Zod is joining the Suicide Squad, it was even foreshadowed with the writer teasing that either Doomsday, Mr Mxyzptlk or Zod. There's little in-universe justification for Zod staying with the Squad, willingly or unwillingly. It's really just so the Squad has a counter to Superman in the Justice League vs Suicide Squad event.

Inglewoodian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

@blackkaizer: dude is dead af....I highly doubt he was sent to the phantom zone through heat vision that only left his shins...

@thepreface: mind blown...I was wondering 1) who thought this was a good fight 2) how tf the Squad would stand up to the JL

I personally want Faora to come back too. Her & Zod's fight with Superman/Wonder Woman was the ONLY good thing about that terrible comic & dumb ass relationship. It sucks that such a good fight ended so corny. Does anybody purchase this crap? Who gives a damn about the Suicide Squad?

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jake_fury: exactly in Injustice the good Superman had a kryptonite bomb inserted into his heart. If he ever went rogue the JL could take him out.

Same idea, except for Zod it was unwillingly and Waller has the trigger.

Lord-Parallax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

wrucebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I swear to God , Deadshot's costume is giving me a stroke. I can't handle it, it's a damn mess.

kalorama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By kalorama

Re Deadshot's costume: That's a whole lotta body armor for a guy who supposedly has no regard for his own life.

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 8

Gonna grab the variant cover!

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I can say is if they can make Lois Lane relevant, than they can do anything with any character.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Art so bad