Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

SPIDER-GWEN #17

No Caption Provided

(W) Jason Latour (A/CA) Robbi Rodriguez

"SITTING IN A TREE" PART 4!

• Who is the mysterious villain threatening Miles' universe all the way from Gwen's universe?!

Rated T+

DEC160974 In Shops: Feb 22, 2017 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

WTF is this art? It looks terrible.

samconery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

lmao

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What? Miles is supposed to be the one spider-person who still respects/likes Peter... *sigh* I dislike this scene and honestly how this writer has been handling Miles in general.

ArtThief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why did Miles take his mask off in front of criminals? WTF is he thinking?

bigsoto74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artthief said:

I was thinking the same thing.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artthief said:

... I didn't even notice that. WTF indeed.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess because in the movies heroes don't wear masked when they want to make a point.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cagnazzo82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any chance this site can cover at least something about the final Invincible story arc which just started this week?

That book is consistently well-written and yet completely ignored for the usual Marvel fare.

I feel while Marvel remains uninspiring perhaps Image Comics should get a little bit of love. (Please?)

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artthief said:

Yeah, bad move. Does he want to blow his secret identity or what?

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheWatcherKing  Online
@amazingfantasy said:

What? Miles is supposed to be the one spider-person who still respects/likes Peter... *sigh* I dislike this scene and honestly how this writer has been handling Miles in general.

What is so bad about this scene? I don't get it.

@artthief said:

It maybe because he knows they're from Gwen's universe.It is kinda like what he said in his comic although I do agree it is dumb.

No Caption Provided

Edit: Actually miles didn't see the criminals until after he took off his mask, although it is dumb he keeps taking it off in the first place.

mrkareemruiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

miles and gwen are cute together

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Miles didn't need to say "even freaking". He should have just said "What the heck is going on?".

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@watcher5000: Because Miles looks up to Peter and is acting like Peter is annoying and even declaring that Brooklyn is "His space", which he has not done before. And frankly it's just silly.

Mizerous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@watcher5000: Because Miles looks up to Peter and is acting like Peter is annoying and even declaring that Brooklyn is "His space", which he has not done before. And frankly it's just silly.

To be honest although Miles does look up to peter they do give each other space, and has shown many times that he wants to be differentiated from Peter.So while I understand what you're saying it isn't completely out of character or anything.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@watcher5000: While what you said is true, I don't think it nullifies it. Miles was fanboying when Peter showed up in SM #2... I just can't see him acting like he did here. Plus the way it's written here it's also kinda implies he's annoyed with Peter in general. Like I said Miles is the one spider-person who still respects Peter at this point which is something I like so it kinda irks me to see him being portrayed that way when Bendis has showed more than once how much Miles looks up to Peter (even called him "president of his fan club" LOL). What I'm saying is, I don't think Miles would be bothered by this at all. I'm not saying he needs to be like "Oh hey Peter was here OMGG!", a more neutral stance would do just fine. But I do disagree with the negativity towards Peter that was written here.

And the Brooklyn line, well I think that even without involving Peter that's a bit OOC. I mean I can see Silk or even Spider-Gwen doing that, but Miles is a saint, I don't think he would ever have any kind of negativity towards bad guys being caught just because it was not by him or on his "area".
Well this post got a lot longer than expected LOL, but just my 2cents.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@watcher5000: While what you said is true, I don't think it nullifies it. Miles was fanboying when Peter showed up in SM #2... I just can't see him acting like he did here. Plus the way it's written here it's also kinda implies he's annoyed with Peter in general. Like I said Miles is the one spider-person who still respects Peter at this point which is something I like so it kinda irks me to see him being portrayed that way when Bendis has showed more than once how much Miles looks up to Peter (even called him "president of his fan club" LOL). What I'm saying is, I don't think Miles would be bothered by this at all. I'm not saying he needs to be like "Oh hey Peter was here OMGG!", a more neutral stance would do just fine. But I do disagree with the negativity towards Peter that was written here.

And the Brooklyn line, well I think that even without involving Peter that's a bit OOC. I mean I can see Silk or even Spider-Gwen doing that, but Miles is a saint, I don't think he would ever have any kind of negativity towards bad guys being caught just because it was not by him or on his "area".

Well this post got a lot longer than expected LOL, but just my 2cents.

Well honestly there is a reason there is a saying to never meet your heroes.And this may be a good example of it.Miles had never met peter when they first met so he was excited to see him.But as he got to know him it is easy to see the annoying qualities about peter, like his fight with tony that happened for no real reason.

No Caption Provided

Also miles was called the president of his fan club by ultimate peter not 616.

I understand what you are saying though.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By blackspidey2099

@amazingfantasy said:

Don't all the Spiders respect Peter? Except maybe Silk? I know Miguel definitely does.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingfantasy said:

Don't all the Spiders respect Peter? Except maybe Silk? I know Miguel definitely does.

kaine doesn't

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099 said:
@amazingfantasy said:

kaine doesn't

Kaine does respect his ''Brother'', in his own way...

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: Current Jessica definitely does not, Silk as you said, Gwen hasn't really showed anything, Miguel used to I guess, but he's been way too rude to Peter on his current book... Nothing like back in the Superior era. Even Mattie who met Peter for 5 seconds in CC already put him down. And she used to be his fangirl... ._.

But well another people mentioned Kaine, well at least him and Ben definitely respect Peter. I wasn't counting them because their book isn't out yet.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By amazingfantasy

@watcher5000: Eh, still comes off wrong to me. They interacted more than fine in every other time they were together, and in this storyline you posted they were actually pretty close... In that specific scenario it made sense for Miles to do that, and even when he did it was after lots of tries to stop Peter and Tony from beating each other up, he had the right to be annoyed... (And frankly Peter and Tony were acting OOC/like children there, not their "regular" selves, even I was annoyed when I read it lol) Here it doesn't make sense, it's something so small and hardly negative. And here he isn't annoyed with Peter as a whole, just on how childish he's acting on that moment, this scene kinda looks like he can't stand him in general. But eh.

Btw I meant Spider-Man #2 in my previous post, not Spider-Men, I wasn't talking about when they first met. :p Glad you can see what I'm saying tho. I don't feel like arguing this back and forth anymore so I'd like to end it around here, thanks for the politeness, its not always I find that on this site. LOL

Druzzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Druzzie

Woot hope this Gwen doesn't turn out like peter's Gwen. Make this one last for the ages.

Joey Ravn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He's underage. She's in college. Not cute. Creepy as hell.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By Captain13
donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i had to drop this series awhile back.... while i love the character spider-gwen, the art was really underwhelming and the story arcs were just blah and not worth the $3.99 or $4.99 price tag. maybe if marvel decides to get some good writers and artists on her, then maybe she might return to her glory days.

MeanAndGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joey_ravn: There's only a two year age difference between Miles and Gwen.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrkareemruiz said:

He's underage. She's in college. Not cute. Creepy as hell.

Why does everyone say that? Gwen is not in college.She has never been shown to go to in college.She is out of high school but not in college.Also there relationship was hinted at being a future thing. And as for the age difference

No Caption Provided

Mizerous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@druzzie: Do you mean dead or her series being cancelled?

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We only wanna see Spider-Gwen working with Silk.

I just wish Gwen & Miles didnt have so much black on their suits.

Also wish this new Spider-Homecoming movie was about Spider-Gwen.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

@g2_ said:

WTF is this art? It looks terrible.

This art...

It' the art art the past two volumes of Spider-Gwen has had and is pretty loved for. Welcome to Spider-Gwen.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: it is liked for the story not the art.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#43  Edited By Teerack
@watcher5000 said:

@teerack: it is liked for the story not the art.

Actually the art is the entire reason Spider-Gwen exists because when it was first shown off people were freaking out over it and it lead to Gwen becoming so big Marvel decided to make an ongoing out of it.

The look and the colors have a very punk rock distinct look that goes very well with this book, and the entire Earth-65 setting.