Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

FUTURE QUEST #4

(W) Jeff Parker (A) Evan Shaner (CA) Evan Shaner

An earth-shattering power has come to life in the jungles of South America, and Team Quest and Birdman race the forces of F.E.A.R. to reach it first! There they find time ripped apart in a lost valley where dinosaurs and cavemen run wild once more as the ancient legend of Mightor is revealed! Only the shipwrecked aliens Jan and Jace hold the secrets of what fate awaits our world, but as a force led by Jezebel Jade attacks, what new hero will rise?

JUN160315 In Shops: Aug 31, 2016 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

mighthor > thor

Sonny_Barbaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Funny how this is better than 90% of the stuff Marvel and DC are shitposting.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Finally!

mprawrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sonny_Barbaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sonny_Barbaro

@mprawrr:

@sonny_barbaro said:

Funny how this is better than 90% of the stuff Marvel and DC are shitposting.

Yes I'm aware. I'm saying that 90% of what they put out is garbage, even it's the same publisher,

mprawrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sonny_Barbaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mprawrr: Reading. Jesus, it's a verbal exaggeration LOL

mprawrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sonny_barbaro: oh, I don't think 90% of DC is garbage though but I can't say the same for Marvel.

Sonny_Barbaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mprawrr: Yeah, well. I can't really say with a straight face that Civil War II or Rebirth have been terribly good events. (And I'm refering to those because they inevitably tie-in to most titles so they are the current main canon.). Titans and Detective Comics are pretty good tho'.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10 the_stegman  Moderator

@sonny_barbaro: I'd say almost all of Rebirth has been ranging from good to great with few bad titles.

mprawrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: very few. Only Suicide Squad and Green Lantern to me is not good, but not bad though, Suicide Squad felt lacking and forced while Green Lantern's timeline is confusing as fvck.

Soldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Soldy

@sonny_barbaro said:

@mprawrr: Yeah, well. I can't really say with a straight face that Civil War II or Rebirth have been terribly good events. (And I'm refering to those because they inevitably tie-in to most titles so they are the current main canon.). Titans and Detective Comics are pretty good tho'.

Rebirth is not an event. I think you didn't read any Rebirth comics, otherwise you wouldn't have written such nonsense.

Sonny_Barbaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sonny_Barbaro

@soldy: k

I don't really care? DC themselves evidently can't decide so I'm just going to leave this be.

Soldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sonny_barbaro: but you cared enough to comment... Lol. Have a nice day.

Sonny_Barbaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soldy: Yeah, I felt the comic condescendence seeping from that comment. I had to say something, y'know?

SP4RT4N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been waiting for Future Quest to pick up the pace. Can't wait to see more about the new Impossibles member, and what happens to Mightor. I caught a lot of the reruns of their old shows back in the day on the TNT network in the late 80's and early 90's. Loved every bit of Space Ghost, Birdman, Mightor, the Impossibles, Herculoids, etc. Hated what they did with Space Ghost Coast to Coast and Harvey Birdman. Those characters deserved better, and I think this comic tying them all together is it.

Carbon14XZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Carbon14XZ

@sp4rt4n: I just do not like the idea of the new member being added to the Impossibles - I feel she will take attention from the others and ruin the interaction and camaraderie between them which was such an appealing aspect of the cartoon! I think they should be more realistic looking for this comic but no other changes whatsoever. (Apart from minor stuff like a change in stage wear as here). Or, just have them in their original style in a separate short story as light relief - they don't really fit in with the other characters here in any case, and shouldn't be changed to do so. Their story style is very different. They are my all-time favourites and there is little merchandise for us fans of them to buy - but I won't be getting this.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting book.

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sonny_Barbaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SP4RT4N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SP4RT4N

@carbon14xz: She's probably just going to be one of the guys' girlfriend or something. I wouldn't worry too much about it. I like making them seem more serious like the other action cartoons. In a book with over twenty characters driving it forward, you can't believe THAT much time will be taken away from the boys to show off the new girl. I just hope some of these characters prove popular enough for their own spin off series or mini.

I'm also betting Mightor's fate is just that he's brought to the present mostly tapped of his power.

Does anybody remember the old crossover episodes of Space Ghost that had him meeting Mightor, the Herculoids, and.... ? I can't remember the last one. I thought those were epic though.

Carbon14XZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Carbon14XZ

@sp4rt4n: Thanks for the reply! No reason a girlfriend would need to be an actual Impossibles member. In teams like the Legion of Super heroes, Green Lantern corps, etc., new members being added - and others leaving for whatever reason - from time to time works well, and I would certainly question all members being of the same sex in a team of that size, (at least without a rational explanation), but the Impossibles is of a very different type - and I'd personally like them to stay that way! Again unlike the other teams I mentioned, I love the fact that the Impossible's origin, birth names, ect., are a mystery, and the ludicrousness of no-one picking up on the most blatant clues that the hero and musician Impossibles are the same! So, I really prefer them NOT to be made more serious, even if this means less interaction with the other characters, (and I must admit I'm not a great cross-overs fan anyway, but do realise that's the point of this story)! I'd be far more pleased to see Multi Man getting his original hero costume back than seeing the 'Imps battling heroically alongside the Galaxy Trio, etc., against the monstrous creature, (Omikron, not the new member)! but that's me.......always thought the cartoon was the best in the history of animation, so I suppose I'm picky!

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

No Caption Provided

Carbon14XZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Carbon14XZ

@sp4rt4n: ..........And I WANT to see a bunch of simpering fangirls fawning over the Impossibles boys!!!!!! (Without them being ridiculed by the new member, or whoever)!! There is room for that aspect of the cartoon, too!

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks interesting. May have to try this out.

OptimucCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I enjoy this series but I feel it threw a little bit too much at me at once. I am familiar with some Hanna Barbera properties but not all of them. For me, at least, I didn't feel a huge rush to introduce them all so soon and would have like them to be introduced more gradually.

Carbon14XZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I should add I'm female myself, and always loved super-heroes of both sexes - but adding the girl to the Impossibles actually makes me feel very much EXcluded in that instance as I really feel it will change them too much from the team I've always - well- sounds cheesy but always been totally enchanted by. Especially as, for the most part, the comic does stay closer to the originals than the other titles in this Hanna-Barbera comic range. And not personally a Frankenstein Jr. fan - but why the change in Buzz Conroy's ethnicity? It's not even as though his race was ever even vague - he's been obviously European for decades so changing it now, to me, just seems to defeat the object by coming across as silly. Can you imagine the complaints, (which I would totally agree with), if Hadji was suddenly portrayed as European? Again considering the Legion of Super Heroes - I fully understand Karate Kid being made to look more Asian - because the character actually WAS more Asian, unlike Buzz! I have to wonder if the creative teams used by DC, (and also Marvel), have some PC quota they are required to fulfil? Again regarding the Impossibles - they were always a great example of diversity in the cartoon in that they all had very different looks and body types and all were considered heart-throbs!

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wbr17 said:

mighthor > thor

Which one?)

Inglewoodian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

@sonny_barbaro: If you feel that way you definitely must not be reading Rebirth because it is amazing. It's so amazing I went from only getting Batman, Wonder Woman & Aquaman to nearly ALL the Rebirth titles except Flash, Green Arrow, Suicide Squad & Supergirl. All of whom have good stories & artwork I just have no interest in the characters. The sales alone prove Rebirth is doing something right...12million copies sold in summer alone. & it isn't a quick rise and fall the numbers are holding steady and consistent month to month even with majority of titles being released 2x a month. Why do you think it sucks? What titles didn't you like? I legit want to discuss this because you're the first person I've met that didn't like Rebirth.

Also...Future Quest is THE BEST comic book out right now. It's interesting, artwork is beautiful & it's freggin Hannah Barbera characters! What's not to love about a world populated with characters like Mightor, Space Ghost, Johnny Quest, the Impossibles....man there is so much good stuff in here and yet to come. I can't wait! Damn book is so good I purchase 2 copies. 1 for reading & 1 to sell in the future because this is definitely gonna be worth some $$$ later on down the line.

Carbon14XZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Carbon14XZ

The Impossibles - my all-time favourites - with a token female stuck in there to take attention from the originals and affect their dynamic, my fave Multi Man having his original costume - which is perfect and really accentuates his very appealing look - replaced by something which looks bland and generic and them likely to be made more "serious" to try and fit them in here?? Think I've made it clear on my other posts that I just don't like the idea............ and I can just imagine that domineering harpy Deva praising Spare Part Girl or whatever she is while putting the boys and their fans down - yet subtly gloating about hanging out with the band! I think the creative team are talented and they are lovely guys - but they were asked to add the Impossibles (a totally different type to the others here) and, unless it turns out very differently from what I've seen up to now - I would prefer that they had been left out completely.

Sea-Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool!