Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

EXTRAORDINARY X-MEN ANNUAL #1

(W) Ollie Masters, Brandon Montclare (A) Carlo Barberi, Rosi Kampe (CA) Victor Ibanez

NEW STORY ARC STARTS NOW!

• When the Terrigen Cloud threatens to wash over a prison and the warden refuses to protect its mutant inmates, the Extraordinary X-Men take matters into their own hands...and stage a PRISON BREAK!

• And when Moon Girl takes it upon herself to solve the Terrigen crisis, she may just find an unlikely ally...

Rated T+

JUL161020 In Shops: Sep 21, 2016 SRP: $4.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Goellterator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Goellterator

One thing about Marvel-Comics: little black girls are allways right.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This seems pretty good. I like the art

Ambaryerno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

This seems pretty good. I like the art

Except for the fact Logan looks like a boy band reject.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ambaryerno: He doesn't even look old to me anymore especially in this panel.

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Who is that kid Forge is talking to?

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bl00dwerk: Lunella Lafayette, 10 Years Old [more or less] young inhuman, she is the new Moon Girl [yes, she usually ride Devil Dinosaur]... she have her own book. Even if she have submitted to the Terrigenesis, her powers have not yet manifested clearly [she seem able to switch mind with Devil Dinosaur?].

I don't know why she may be in the book, but she is a natural genius... not some sort of impossible high genius as a Future Fondation student... but a normal child with a very high level of intelligence and inventive [she create a serie of bizzar toy-gadget-stuff for going on patrol in is neighborhood]... so It's reasonable she will be learning from Forge, or co-creating with him :)

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bl00dwerK

@thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin: Thanks. Didn't know that was Moon Girl. :)

Didn't pay any attention to the intro page. It says "Moon Girl" on it. :|

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bl00dwerK

I think this artist would do well on a Young X-Men book. Storm looks amazing, though!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin: I'm almost possitve that some promotional article called her one of the smartest people on the planet so definitly would qualify for the Future Foundation.. you know if that was still a thing in their universe.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So reading the preview page a thought occurred to me, why would the X-Men choose Limbo as their safe haven? It's often been presented as an unstable dimension with constantly shifting leadership and they only have one way in or out and thats Magik a primary member of the team who is frequently in harms way. If anything were to happen to her they would be stuck in Limbo so wouldn't it make more sense to move the school off planet like to the moon for example? It seems perfect at least in the marvel universe there is a limited atmosphere and with the Watcher dead and the Inhumans on earth its not like anyone is actually using it. Magik's powers would make travel almost instantaneous and if she isn't around for whatever reason it's not like there aren't multiple X-Men with experience flying space ships. So can someone who is caught up explain why the X-Men might have chosen Limbo over space because from the outside looking in it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@mangakid1995: Well my take on it was that it was more like a Mad dash to get the heck out of Earths deminsion because as we know the Mist was literally sweeping every corner of the Earth. The situation of Magik being hurt and their defenses goes down is no longer an issue because Forge has somehow found a way to create shields that will completely block them off from Demons.

The Moon would be a good choice I agree with that. Also Magik didn't port the school to Limbo she had help with Dr.Strange, Scarlet Witch, Bro.Voodoo, Shaman.

Basically they needed somewhere to go immediately and fast and SINCE Magik is the Lord of Limbo.....heck why not there I mean she does commands her own demons and has her OWN Realm so that's a perfect spot. (Hope that made sense)

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JamesSpiring

So reading the preview page a thought occurred to me, why would the X-Men choose Limbo as their safe haven? It's often been presented as an unstable dimension with constantly shifting leadership and they only have one way in or out and thats Magik a primary member of the team who is frequently in harms way. If anything were to happen to her they would be stuck in Limbo so wouldn't it make more sense to move the school off planet like to the moon for example? It seems perfect at least in the marvel universe there is a limited atmosphere and with the Watcher dead and the Inhumans on earth its not like anyone is actually using it. Magik's powers would make travel almost instantaneous and if she isn't around for whatever reason it's not like there aren't multiple X-Men with experience flying space ships. So can someone who is caught up explain why the X-Men might have chosen Limbo over space because from the outside looking in it doesn't make a lot of sense.

And space is any less dangerous? Remember Infinity? And Annihilation?

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bl00dwerk: Lunella Lafayette, 10 Years Old [more or less] young inhuman, she is the new Moon Girl [yes, she usually ride Devil Dinosaur]... she have her own book. Even if she have submitted to the Terrigenesis, her powers have not yet manifested clearly [she seem able to switch mind with Devil Dinosaur?].

I don't know why she may be in the book, but she is a natural genius... not some sort of impossible high genius as a Future Fondation student... but a normal child with a very high level of intelligence and inventive [she create a serie of bizzar toy-gadget-stuff for going on patrol in is neighborhood]... so It's reasonable she will be learning from Forge, or co-creating with him :)

Looking at the caption font, this is actually primarily a Moon Girl story. So despite the team up, putting it in the Extraordinary X-Men Annual seems like an odd choice to me. Her power is indeed to swap minds, but as of yet she can't control when it happens and has only done so with Devil Dinosaur. The only Inhuman she's met so far is Kamala Khan (in her role as an Avenger - she broke up a fight between Lunella and Kid Kree, whose Captain Mar-Vell copycat costume Kamala did NOT approve of), so she hasn't had any training from the Inhumans yet (this will change soon, as Moon Girl will be part of IvX). Kamala actually thought her high intellect was her Inhuman powers. Lunella corrected her but didn't admit what her power really was. Kamala probably reported it to Medusa but Civil War II got in the way.

Attilan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mangakid1995: Lemire wanted the HQ for Extraordinary X-Men to be there because his favorite character is Magik. Simple.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't Moon Boy or Devil Dinosaur consider mutants? Good thing Moon Girl is helping out her friends then.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if only there was a mutant who could control the weather and get rid of the evil cloud

WAM-Hope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually, the authors and Marvel have confirmed she is officially THE smartest person in the MU. Really, check out the articles in CBR.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking at Storm's talk with the officials I again have to wonder why the X-men bother to help humanity at all.

ColinCassady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't Ruckus brain dead because of Skull anyway? Or does X-Men Legacy not count as canon?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Koays  Online

The presence of Moongirl bothers me....but not as much as STORM NOT BLOWING THE DAMN CLOUD AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!°!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheLurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: LOL Was a reason for this ever stated?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Koays  Online

@thelurker: NO! in fact....SHE JUST FREAKING DID IT IN THE FIRST ISSUE OF THE GODDAMMED CIVIL WAR TIE-IN!!!!!!

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Koays  Online

@stormphoenix: You guys get frustrated when Storm gets drunk off tequila despite her obscure anti alcoholic

abilities and long established 14 generations of Jack Daniels level resistance.

This is something we all know she can do.

Kurolegacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I care not for the Moon Girl shilling that this issue presents. If I wanted to read some 10 year old Mary Sue I'd buy her book.

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wam-hope: @bl00dwerk: @mangakid1995:

Yes, authors have confirmed that she have a great intellect, maybe the smart person on earth.

Perhaps I have not explained well, I know... what I was meaning is that actually, IN comics, she dosen't talk about or use hyper technologicall science, she have not dimensional travel device and others strange "Reed Richards style" things... she don't talk about quantum energy and hyperbolic dimension. But yes, she have very high intellect, maybe superior to anyone in the Future Foundation, so when she found some Kree Device she is able to study and understand it. But she haven't studied science at Future Fundation level [while she herself admit she is hoping to apply to the FF]. I'm just pointing out the difference between what she may do in future with proprer studies and technology, thanks to her brain [so, the confirmation by the Authors about her intellect level], and what she actually do with what a normal 10 years can reach, even with incredible high intellect and internet research ability [she shoot spring boxing glove instead of laserbeam, she have spring boot instead of anti-gravity technology and use rudimental "self-helicopter" device instead of jetpack... even the Space Rocket in the image above is made of rudimental junkyard piece]

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@koays: What's with the Liquor references that makes no sense.

You should know as well as any X-men fan that It's obvious the writers are making excuses for why Storm or any other Mutant can't remove the T-mist.

*You disappoint me........and to think I called you King -_- SHAME on you. And you should know better.....well @sprior93 I guess we need a NEW Leader want the Job?*

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By del_torro

Can't wait till Forge is proved wrong by an inhuman child... Hope Jeannie does something at least impressive in this issue, she's not a walkey talkey lemire...

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Koays  Online

@stormphoenix: i was drinking.. i found the first thing next to me.... Sprior sucks couldn't do my job...back to sleep now, Rachel number one X-Man.

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You should know as well as any X-men fan that It's obvious the writers are making excuses for why Storm or any other Mutant can't remove the T-mist.

It's an editorial mandate, obviously. It's well within Storm's power to blow that cloud into space.

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@attilan: If this would be an actual Magik solo with someone like Ibanez on art than it would actually be good and I would buy it.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix said:

It's an editorial mandate, obviously. It's well within Storm's power to blow that cloud into space.

Oh TRUST ME I KNOW it's in her powers. But Marvel doesn't see it that way they don't want to give US reasons to why so and so can't destroy it.

This is how they get our money get us ALL frustrated to make us buy more of their books knowingly were going to hate it.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Koays  Online

@bl00dwerk said:
@stormphoenix said:

Oh TRUST ME I KNOW it's in her powers. But Marvel doesn't see it that way they don't want to give US reasons to why so and so can't destroy it.

This is how they get our money get us ALL frustrated to make us buy more of their books knowingly were going to hate it.

BUT SHE ALREADY BLEW IT AWAY ONCE!!!

WHY IS HER PLAN "A" NOT BLOW THE DEATH CLOUD OUT TO SEA??????

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:
@stormphoenix said:
@bl00dwerk said:
@stormphoenix said:

BUT SHE ALREADY BLEW IT AWAY ONCE!!!

WHY IS HER PLAN "A" NOT BLOW THE DEATH CLOUD OUT TO SEA??????

Because Marvel either Forgot or simply don't care if Storm has Planetary Control of the Weather.(With Feats to back up)

I think the Writers DON'T want the T-mist to be destroyed because it takes away from the Story they are doing for Inhumans vs Mutants.

Marvel WANTS a War your right it is Bullsh*% Storm literally showed us she can control it, but I THINK(I'm guessing) that was Marvel's blunder because I don't think they meant for her to do that, because NOW were asking the questions *Why doesn't Storm blow this away when she has full control of the weather on a Planetary scale?*

Marvel's Answer: Don't worry about it.

TheLurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TheLurker

@stormphoenix@koays: My biggest question is: With the foresight required to run a major company like Marvel, why do the whole Hope Summers- messiah A vs X thing if the mutants where just going to be killed of by the thousands in a few years? There must be more stories to tell then the whole "brink of extinction" shtick.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelurker: BAM!!!!

There it is ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. This makes the 3rd time Mutants have almost gone extinct. So at this point if Marvel wants to trash our characters because they are having a hissy fit due to Fox then this Company as you say needs new management

VioletPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Please live. Please don't go away."
-Every X-Fan praying for the X-Men

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

I like the art. Enjoyed Lemire's first arc of this series quite a bit.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9