No Caption Provided

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

It seems like Marvel is slowly replacing any serious titles with silly ones. This is canceled, but hey, how bout that Squirrel Girl?? Or Howard the Duck!

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Aaahhhh yeah! He's back!!!!

It seems like Marvel is slowly replacing any serious titles with silly ones. This is canceled, but hey, how bout that Squirrel Girl?? Or Howard the Duck!

Can't stand it. This and Black Widow were the only two Marvel books I read.

lagozzino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@the_stegman: For as good as this series was, it sold as well as reheated garbage. I don't know why it did so poorly, but it just plainly did. Issue 10 was the lowest selling Marvel comic for January (aside from movie and TV tie-ins). Just be glad they let the series actually finish out their final story instead of pulling the plug on it months ago.

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Elektra needs a new costume. I don't know why but they thought that a sarong was hot during the era she was introduced and the bandana....well, I actually don't mind it but maybe they could just mix it up a little.

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hexthis said:

Elektra needs a new costume.

Totally agree. This series has been boss, though. Sucks that it's getting canned...

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@jwalser3 said:

Aaahhhh yeah! He's back!!!!

@the_stegman said:

Can't stand it. This and Black Widow were the only two Marvel books I read.

Exile-616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I actually liked Waid's take on Bullseye as behind-the-scenes mastermind trapped in an iron lung. Shame it's being undone just after one arc.

Rainja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: I dont know why u expect different from Marvel or its fans.Marvel Fans dont like to see seriousness and action... they like to see lame jokes and dumb characters like squirrel Girl and that dumb duck. Thats why good books and characters like this dont do good anymore. In this era of Politically Correct Idiots.Electra is some over sexualized, skimmpy and Violent femal character. Which i think is bull. Anyways, dont expect Marvel to get anybetter. Everything sooner or later will be of Squirrel and that ducks quality. SMH

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@the_stegman: For as good as this series was, it sold as well as reheated garbage. I don't know why it did so poorly, but it just plainly did. Issue 10 was the lowest selling Marvel comic for January (aside from movie and TV tie-ins). Just be glad they let the series actually finish out their final story instead of pulling the plug on it months ago.

SERIOUSLY?

Avatar image for stardustcrusader
StardustCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*read modern cosmic marvel*

T-t-thanks Marvel.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

I may as well be crying while reading this next week! This has been my favorite Marvel comic and now it'll be off the list soon.

And dare you, Marvel, not letting Black Widow survive Secret Wars!!!

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I can't freaking stand it.Then people say why does every title have to be dark and gritty but in reality they theay really aren't that many.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually liked Waid's take on Bullseye as behind-the-scenes mastermind trapped in an iron lung. Shame it's being undone just after one arc.

It deserved to be undone. That ain't Bullseye, this is!

Exile-616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grenadeflow: yeah, like the whole 'deadliest assassin in the world' shtick hasn't been overdone to death already.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grenadeflow: yeah, like the whole 'deadliest assassin in the world' shtick hasn't been overdone to death already.

Well that's his character. Waid should have made a new character instead drastically changing Bullseye like that.

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It may be a low selling series and it's all business but I've supported this book with my hard earned money. I've tried to tell others on this site but I urge any Marvel unlimited subscribers to read issue 1 for

Exile-616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grenadeflow: see, it made the most sense. His personality as well as the grudge against DD weren't changed (which are the essence of his character), just the physical aspects. Don't like the latter? Fine, blame the writers of Shadowland.

lagozzino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18  Edited By lagozzino

@k4tzm4n said:

@lagozzino said:

SERIOUSLY?

Seriously :(

According to Comichron, Marvel's bottom selling books for January were:

• Elektra #10 12,121
  • Men of Wrath #4 10,367
  • Marvel's Avengers #2 9,147
  • Empire of Dead Act Two #5 7,780
  • Marvel Universe Ult Spider-Man Web Warriors #3 4,873
  • Marvel Universe Avengers Assemble Season Two #3 4,503

Everything selling less than Elektra is either a tie-in to one of Marvel's movies or cartoons, or a creator-owned series that Marvel just happens to publish, making Elektra the lowest seller of the main Marvel comics line. Such an utter shame, because it was undoubtedly one of Marvel's most interesting books...

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#19 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@lagozzino: That's such a shame. I just hope word spreads and people eventually pick up the trades.

Tattacus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

@lagozzino said:

SERIOUSLY?

Seriously :(

According to Comichron, Marvel's bottom selling books for January were:

• Elektra #10 12,121
  • Men of Wrath #4 10,367
  • Marvel's Avengers #2 9,147
  • Empire of Dead Act Two #5 7,780
  • Marvel Universe Ult Spider-Man Web Warriors #3 4,873
  • Marvel Universe Avengers Assemble Season Two #3 4,503

Everything selling less than Elektra is either a tie-in to one of Marvel's movies or cartoons, or a creator-owned series that Marvel just happens to publish, making Elektra the lowest seller of the main Marvel comics line. Such an utter shame, because it was undoubtedly one of Marvel's most interesting books...

This is very disappointing.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#21  Edited By Lvenger

Here's hoping Elektra kicks Bullseye's behind in a really great fight for her last issue, she deserves that much with a cancelled series.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I can not wait for this. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@lagozzino: The announcement of Elektra's book being cancelled was made at the end of last year. Many people decided to not pick up it up and wait for the trades. While I still believe the numbers would have been low, the knowledge it was an ending title had an impact on sales going forward. Which is too bad, since I believe it was gathering momentum and comic fans were taking notice at the time the decision was made. Then again, with Secret Wars coming up, it would have ended anyway, just like a whole slew of titles which were announced officially as ending recently by Marvel. (:/)

@rainja said:

@the_stegman: I dont know why u expect different from Marvel or its fans.Marvel Fans dont like to see seriousness and action... they like to see lame jokes and dumb characters like squirrel Girl and that dumb duck. Thats why good books and characters like this dont do good anymore. In this era of Politically Correct Idiots.Electra is some over sexualized, skimmpy and Violent femal character. Which i think is bull. Anyways, dont expect Marvel to get anybetter. Everything sooner or later will be of Squirrel and that ducks quality. SMH

What? There has been no noise like what you're claiming surrounding this book. At least not loud enough to be heard outside of whoever might have said it.

@donfelipe said:

I may as well be crying while reading this next week! This has been my favorite Marvel comic and now it'll be off the list soon.

And dare you, Marvel, not letting Black Widow survive Secret Wars!!!

It's bad enough we lost Elektra (despite a one issue appearance of a "Collektra" in one of the Battle Worlds). It's almost unbearable.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

As for this last issue? This sums it best, for me:

No Caption Provided

Pretty sure Elektra is going to die.

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man, what a shame this is gonna end.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rainja: Cocaine's a hell of a drug...

Avatar image for deactivated-5cecb3b554104
deactivated-5cecb3b554104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 14

I like Bullseye as a character. Daredevil #181 - Last Hand has always been one of my favorites because it is told from his perspective. I really haven't given two figs about him outside of Daredevil continuity--Dark Hawkeye, Deadpool, and even Thunderbolts appearances seemed as gratuitous as Sabretooth appearances in the 90s or Doom in the 70s and 80s--but Elektra #10 - Révérence: Part 3 and now this issue both seem like two of the most significant Bullseye stories in the last decade, including his death (which seemed less about him and more about Daredevil's--pardon the pun--inner demons).

Also, Elektra? Whether or not she dies, this series is great because it has engaged readers and now we're getting teased that hey, Elektra might not live to see the Secret Wars. WOW. Solid storytelling all around, but really, what do you expect from the undisputed best writer on the New 52 Batwoman book? I can't wait to see what Blackman gets assigned next!

Rainja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Rainja