Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#101  Edited By entropy_aegis

@k4tzm4n said:

@entropy_aegis: This all stemmed when he posted the following:

Great. More gore and blood to turn more kids into bloodthirsty adults with little or no regard for human life. People will do anything to make money, even ruin kids. Perpertuating this filth makes you complicit. And if anyone can't see the problem with then then they are likely too far gone.

I have no issue with the violence in the series. He clearly believes otherwise.

LOL it's a book called Deathstroke about a merc.I think Nobody melting the Russian Batman was much worse because that book is atleast targeted towards the younger audience.Deathstroke is own genre,like Secret Six,Punisher etc.Violence is to be expected.

weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By weaponmaster

@k4tzm4n said:

@weaponmaster:

1) I'm promoting my article and don't need to fear having my name out there with my work. But calling me by name on a forum where we refer to one another by the user-names we create is a whole different matter. I know plenty of real names, but I respect that and still call the individuals by the names they have presented on the site. It was clearly an attempt to rile me up or anything along those lines, but it's not working and it just makes you look disrespectful by doing so.

2) My one remark was a joke and I haven't returned to it since. But you know what? Unlike you, I can be modest. That was wrong of me and I shouldn't have done so. And unlike you, I didn't carry on that remark because it didn't belong in the thread.

3) Your emphasis is on violence in the media and its impact on society. That goes well beyond the pages of Deathstroke. Go make a thread about it and talk about it there so people here can enjoy discussing solely the title, instead of eye-rolling at your baseless and situationalclaims.

4) I am further de-railing by replying, but your posts are just too absurd to pass up.

5) Cute and false. But I wouldn't expect anything more from this conversation.

6) Go make a thread about violence in the media and if it translates into our society and we can "talk" there.

1.) You are fabricating some false etiquette concerning forums. You linked to a site with your name and I used it in a forum post. It is as simple as that. Citing some sort of made up code of ethics that really do not exist concerning this topic is pointless on your part and makes you look desperate. You seem to be quite riled actually.

2.) You actually kept it up for a couple of posts. You are using modest out of context. Also to state "unlike me you can be modest" is the very antithesis of modesty. It doesn't matter that you only made one derailing remark. The fact that you had the audacity to attempt to lecture me when you yourself are actually guilty of derailing is what matters. You are only admitting that it was wrong because I called you on it and you are attempting to seem to be on some sort of moral high-ground after the fact.

3.) My initial comments were about the comic book itself being one more representation of violence and gore. Your comments and the other viners actually went way off topic and i responded. I will of course discuss whatever I feel is germane to the topic. Attempting to control someones action via the internet smacks of insecurity and of lack of control in ones life.

4.) And yet you were hypocritical enough to attempt to chastise me and feign morality. Not being able to pass something up is called obsessing.

5.) What i stated concerning this is true, whether you can admit to it or not. Ah. There is that vaunted modesty of which you so fervently claim to possess shining through.(cue obligatory eye roll emoticon)

6.) To reiterate, I will post where and when I chose and make a thread when I decide to and on the topics I choose. You cannot control anyone but yourself. The sooner you realize that the better off you will be.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Not even going to dignify that with a read. Just make your own thread and we'll talk there.

EDIT: Actually, scratch that. My conversation with you is clearly a waste of my time and energy. I won't participate in the thread, seeing as your narrow-minded nature and responses are so absurd it makes a two-way conversation impossible. But, I do advise you make a thread for that subject, seeing as it only hinders the discussion here.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@entropy_aegis said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@entropy_aegis: This all stemmed when he posted the following:

Great. More gore and blood to turn more kids into bloodthirsty adults with little or no regard for human life. People will do anything to make money, even ruin kids. Perpertuating this filth makes you complicit. And if anyone can't see the problem with then then they are likely too far gone.

I have no issue with the violence in the series. He clearly believes otherwise.

LOL it's a book called Deathstroke about a merc.I think Nobody melting the Russian Batman was much worse because that book is atleast targeted towards the younger audience.Deathstroke is own genre,like Secret Six,Punisher etc.Violence is to be expected.

It's a significantly flawed and narrow-minded argument. I wouldn't try to look too much into it, lol.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By entropy_aegis

@k4tzm4n: Yeah.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@entropy_aegis: Dude, you wanna go murder some people? I'm feeling zero regard for human life after reading Deathstroke and playing GTA. I'll go steal a car and we can kill some hookers. Huzzah!

Fun fact: After reading Knightfall, I was behind a massive escape at a local jail and broke someone's back.

Gordo789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#107  Edited By Gordo789

@k4tzm4n said:

It's a significantly flawed and narrow-minded argument. I wouldn't try to look too much into it, lol.

The point where it went completely off the rails for me was after he used an image of Captain America to try and lend support to and justify his basically pro-censorship stance. CRAZY.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Gordo789 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

The point where it went completely off the rails for me was after he used an image of Captain America to try and lend support to and justify his basically pro-censorship stance. CRAZY.

Rogers would be so ashamed.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By entropy_aegis

@k4tzm4n said:

@entropy_aegis: Dude, you wanna go murder some people? I'm feeling zero regard for human life after reading Deathstroke and playing GTA. I'll go steal a car and we can kill some hookers. Huzzah!

Fun fact: After reading Knightfall, I was behind a massive escape at a local jail and broke someone's back.

Hell Yeah.

RichyRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By RichyRich

They introduced the new villain "Road Rage" in issue 2. He was killed in 5 or so panels, not pages. Thats just pathetic. I wonder how long Legacy will last. Id be surprised if he isnt killed by Deathstroke in anti climactic fashion after one page. But I still doubt i'll ever see the character after this issue

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Aye, Road Rage was wasted potential.

kylehiggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By kylehiggins

@RichyRich: Oh man, how wrong you are... :)

ShadowPanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By ShadowPanther

Cool, it's that guy from Dead Space

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@kylehiggins: If you're legitimately Kyle Higgins, then awesome and bravo on Nightwing, sir! And personally, I look forward to diving a bit more into Slade and toning down the badass factor for just a second or two ;)

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By entropy_aegis

@k4tzm4n said:

@kylehiggins: If you're legitimately Kyle Higgins, then awesome and bravo on Nightwing, sir! And personally, I look forward to diving a bit more into Slade and toning down the badass factor for just a second or two ;)

LOL

unopen7639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By unopen7639

thanks for the preview.

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#117  Edited By HexThis

I like the look of Deathstroke and even his ruthlessness but men like him are becoming just a more updated version of the Superman-complex in that there's no real fear of death or defeat- if anything it's an inconvenience at best. Similarly to Wolverine or Deadpool- they can anticipate, react, recover, and endure at lightening speed...hell, Wolverine at this point can smell everything including emotions (which makes no sense) so all the excitement hinges upon how badly they can f--k up anonymous combatants and get brutally tortured before ultimately having the last laugh anyways.

I do like his royally screwed up daughter Rose though, she's fun.

Avatar image for fantasticmrinvisibletorchthing
FantasticMrInvisibleTorchThing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dropped this to go back to buying Daredevil.

Farwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#119  Edited By Farwind

As long as whatever is in that briefcase has nothing to do with Jericho (who is hopefully forever dead) I'm good.