Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT AVENGERS #15

No Caption Provided

(W) Mark Waid (A) Adam Kubert (CA) Alex Ross

CIVIL WAR II TIE-IN!

• In her short time wielding the hammer Mjolnir, Thor has witnessed cosmic chaos - but how does her human half process the consequences of the Iron Man/Captain Marvel struggle and what it does to the Avengers?

Rated T+

AUG160891 In Shops: Oct 26, 2016 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Mooty_Pass

Why does this even matter she was seen fighting with Tony Stark in Civil War 2 #5. I THINK we KNOW where she stands..............(waste of an issue)

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 8

Despite the BS going on around Marvel, I'm glad to see Heimdall still being swag. Keep it up.

mechhead42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is actually a cool idea of all the people in marvel, heimdall would be the one to ask about "predictive justice"

RavenKingXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By RavenKingXXX

@rubear: you did know that the Jane foster Thor stories aren't half bad and old Thor is still playing a role in them before posting that right?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Why does this even matter she was seen fighting with Tony Stark in Civil War 2 #5. I THINK we KNOW where she stands..............(waste of an issue)

Not really. A; she could have doubts, B; It could be from before she made her choice, C; she wants to double check that she is doing the right thing by asking someone with futurevision.

this is actually a cool idea of all the people in marvel, heimdall would be the one to ask about "predictive justice"

And that's why Mark Waid is awesome. He has an eye for details like that.

iro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

when will this event end...

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iro: actually, it's about to end.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: That comment assumes that all comics happen concurrently which they obviously don't, this could easily be set before she chose to fight with Tony.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravenkingxxx: I believe you missed Odin unable to lift his own creation, woman with man's /name/, Odin suddenly called "most hated man in Asgard", sudden war between 'progressive matriarchy' and 'all-right-from-cave-patiarchy' and fact that "all it took was a whisper" and SUDDENLY Thot became unworthy.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mooty_Pass
@waezi2 said:
@stormphoenix said:

Not really. A; she could have doubts, B; It could be from before she made her choice, C; she wants to double check that she is doing the right thing by asking someone with futurevision.

I think it's a waste because it'd make more sense to put it in her own title instead of the Avegneres Flagship title and then make it all about her. You see what I mean? They did it in for Captain Falcon.

@mangakid1995 said:

@stormphoenix: That comment assumes that all comics happen concurrently which they obviously don't, this could easily be set before she chose to fight with Tony.

No i'm not assuming anything, I just believe it's a waste putting out a Avengers flagship title about one characters feelings and doubts on something when they have their own book to do it? I mean IF they want to know where Jane Thor stands let the Avengers have a meeting. Just like the Ultimate's did....until they started knocking each others heads LOL

That's all i'm saying....BUT who knows maybe well see the whole Team together expressing their opinions.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, someone in the storyline intelligent enough to ask for advice.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2 said:

@iro: actually, it's about to end.

They aren't going to delay it? That's a surprise.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loyalty doesn't count for much in the mu, people switch sides all the time.

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravenkingxxx: What role is he playing? He hasn't been seen in months? Not even mentioned in any significant way. He's just a loser now. Mind you, just look at the "gem" of an issue that they just released as an example of how "not half bad" the stories are. They completely destroyed Thor's mythos and their entire phony storyline with it! So much for the Aaron advocates!

Anjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Anjon

If only there were some experts in time travel, clairvoyance, time alteration, paradoxes, or self-fulfilling prophecies that Thor could consult for advice. Too bad there aren't any such experts in the MCU.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear said:
No Caption Provided

This meme still makes me laugh.

On topic, I am interested in this and looking forward to this title.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear said:

@ravenkingxxx: I believe you missed Odin unable to lift his own creation, woman with man's /name/, Odin suddenly called "most hated man in Asgard", sudden war between 'progressive matriarchy' and 'all-right-from-cave-patiarchy' and fact that "all it took was a whisper" and SUDDENLY Thot became unworthy.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Screw this book.

casper4690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Garbage, glad I dropped this book by #6.

iro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By iro

@mark_stephen: yes they are... it's going until december.. maybe even later.....

@waezi2: sorry waezi, for lamenting my absolute exhaustion and pain over this event and it's endlessly dragged out tie-ins, with a rhetorical question that I kinda knew the answer to already anyway. appreciate you trying to answering my question anyways tho..

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@rubear said:

I believe your meme still sums it up best.

@rubear said:
No Caption Provided

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got halfway through CWII before realizing I was wasting my money. I should have listened to the comments on here. Pretty art can't override a BS story.

HellSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This civil war hasn't been much of a civil war and more of a Slightly-Heated Disagreement. I can't wait for it end...though even after that we have to still deal with this horrible universe.

I don't know why an Avenger's Issue just seems to be a Jane issue.

That being said, it is always nice to see Heimdall.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got halfway through CWII before realizing I was wasting my money. I should have listened to the comments on here. Pretty art can't override a BS story.

Avatar image for spiderhyphenman
spiderhyphenman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@waezi2: All good points. Unfortunately this book didn't get good until Waid decided to focus on individual stories of its members which tells you that something was wrong with it. At least for me.

I say a little too late for this but it might carry over to the relaunched Avengers.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

@rubear said:
No Caption Provided

Still funny, though I am surprised you didn't reference that Heimdall was black in the movies and white in the comics :P

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Avengers"

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's interesting and kind of ironic that line about superheroes banding together to fight common foes as Avengers. The way they constantly fight against each other I think the 'common foes' are probably the safest characters in the mu. Only the fact that the supervillains must be absolute idiots really stop them from beating the heroes after the heroes are exhausted from beating each other.

So who does Jane side with? Tony who's being replaced by Doctor Doom (not that there is a lot of difference between them) or Carol who's become the fascist that Tony was in the first civil war.

wellsoul2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe she just wants to punch Tony - he probably deserves it and anyone can predict he will do something to deserve it in the future. :-)

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hemidall looks cool every-time I see him. Besides that, what's up with Jane saying "By the crown of Odin, I bid thee grant me passage"? I mean she doesn't like the guy and they had just gotten out of a space spanning fight not too long ago, so that just feels off.

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By JamesSpiring

It's interesting and kind of ironic that line about superheroes banding together to fight common foes as Avengers. The way they constantly fight against each other I think the 'common foes' are probably the safest characters in the mu. Only the fact that the supervillains must be absolute idiots really stop them from beating the heroes after the heroes are exhausted from beating each other.

So who does Jane side with? Tony who's being replaced by Doctor Doom (not that there is a lot of difference between them) or Carol who's become the fascist that Tony was in the first civil war.

Neither. She sides with Sam Wilson.

Isn't it odd that Wasp's name was added to the intro on the recap page? She hasn't officially joined the team yet, and she wasn't in the fight scene at the start of Champions 1 when Kamala quit the team (it was just Kamala, Jane, Sam and Vision). Looks to me like Nadia only actually joins when Hercules and the Amazing Spider-Man do. In ANAD Avengers, Nadia was supporting cast (last issue being a day in the limelight for her), not a team member.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@waezi2: All good points. Unfortunately this book didn't get good until Waid decided to focus on individual stories of its members which tells you that something was wrong with it. At least for me.

I say a little too late for this but it might carry over to the relaunched Avengers.

True, the series haven't been his best, but I blame that on editors who said; "write about these guys" instead of letting him pick the team himself that he would be comfortable writing about. But there was good moments in it, like Sam's theory about why Jane keeps going Thor even though it ruins her chemo therapy.

And he kinda have to write stories that focus on individuals since the whole CW2 thing is still gong on, meaning that he can't write them as a team.

Avatar image for spiderhyphenman
spiderhyphenman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By spiderhyphenman

@waezi2: Yes i do agree. Also i do have to say : It's never as bad as they say and it's never as good as they say. You like it or you don't and you both might have good point.

There were good moments where Waid's writing shined but they were few and far in between. Yes Editorial probably had the team made and asked Waid to write them and even influenced/mandated his story telling. Well i'm guessing based on what i read from Marvel writers on Twitter.

I have to add that Kubert's art just doesn't do it for me.

Champions was great and i'm looking forward to the Avengers book. This was probably what needed to be done from the start. But if you don't try it maybe you'll never know.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Inglewoodian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#36  Edited By Inglewoodian

@heirtothekingdom: Everything about She-Thor feels off. That's just another in a long list of things wrong with the character.

@juzacloud: I curse my completionist ways...I want to stop purchasing this book but I already started & now I must finish. I feel cheated out of $$$ every time I spent on this overpriced shitstorm wrapped in pretty artwork. DAMN YOU BENDIS!!!

@waezi2: nope. damn thing got extended until December or Jan I think. Sorry to have to tell you that :-(

@ravenkingxxx:they suck & Thor was only in like 4 issues.

Anybody else find it funny that Real Thor wasn't allowed in CW1 because he was OP but She-Thor is Ok to be in this one? To me, it says a lot about how significantly weaker she is.

Dafyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't mind that Jane Foster is deemed worthy to wield Mjollnir. I like the entire dynamic, and the stories have been good. I just find the idea that she's "Thor," like it's a title rather than Thor's name, to be a bit contrived and lacking in imagination.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dafyd said:

I don't mind that Jane Foster is deemed worthy to wield Mjollnir. I like the entire dynamic, and the stories have been good. I just find the idea that she's "Thor," like it's a title rather than Thor's name, to be a bit contrived and lacking in imagination.

Well, Jane is not the first not-thor to be Thor. Eric Masterson used the name when he held Mjolner. So it's a rule, it seems.