Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

AGE OF APOCALYPSE #1

(W) Fabian Nicieza (A/CA) Gerardo Sandoval

SECRET WARS SERIES

• His war has been won. The few humans left alive are enslaved, the mutant rebellion crushed. EN SABAH NUR, the APOCALYPSE, rules his BATTLEWORLD kingdom without mercy, but the terrorist X-MEN plan to end his reign. Success means finding one very special mutant named CYPHER and unleashing a weapon that will kill Apocalypse -- and possibly all mutants, too!

Rated T+

Item Code: MAY150692 In Shops: 7/8/2015 SRP: $4.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

I kind of blocked out that Rogue and Magneto were ever a couple. I don't like Scottie Young reminding me of it.

totoroshaped

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I like the cartoonish art. :)

@teerack said:

I kind of blocked out that Rogue and Magneto were ever a couple. I don't like Scottie Young reminding me of it.

They were?

Avatar image for thekidfliessolo
thekidfliessolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

For some reason the art makes me think of the mid to late 90s.

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

They were?

They were married in the AoA and briefly a couple in 616.

That's the whole point: 90's Madureira driven AoA.

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, those colors are AWESOME. I love it when colorists start with darker flats and then add a touch of lighter colors.

MixMastaMicah5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Well it is Age of Apocalypse era....I'd say that's what they were going for.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekidfliessolo said:

Well it is Age of Apocalypse era....I'd say that's what they were going for.

and I'm loving it!!!

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Baron Apocalypse??

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Baron Apocalypse??

Yeah, that was weird. It also seems to be from before the original AoA comic since Colossus is still a member of the team.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Baron Apocalypse is because of battleworld guys. Hes the baron of AoA land.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekidfliessolo: first thought i had when i saw the cover art to this.... i kinda like it thought.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Wasn't it said that the Riders all had their own domains before Apocalypse conquered them. So were there two Baron Sinisters before this one was conquered? Kinda weird given how much trouble the one Baron Sinister already seems to cause.

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordraiden: @stellar421: Well, this is Battleworld, and any Kingdom have an appointed ruler [by God Doom], and all of him have the Title of "Baron/Baroness". Even if some of them use anothers title, such as the Red King [Baron of Greenland], The Maestro [Baron of Dystopia] o King Magnus [Baron of the Monarchy of M], all are Baron, in the eyes of Doom :)

And that Apocalypse would be the Baron of a Kingdom called "Domain of Apocalypse" was quite predictable :)

sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sparty-dbq

@teerack said:

Same here, mostly, but the image on the cover itself is still pretty adorable. Mainly because you can't tell there's a 50+ year age difference between the two.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princenamor: it's all different. None of the Secret Wars tie-ins tie-in or crossover with each other.

MultipleMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainhoopla: ok thanks. Was a little confused since he crossed over into a similar domain.

Avatar image for gothicshieldagent
gothicshieldagent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well,if I was Magneto,I'd probably date Rogue well,except her unfortunate habit of stealing folk's powers. lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gothicshieldagent: Rogue has had that under control for a while know. No more accidental power stealing for her.

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

They were?

Sadly yes... Heck after that whole deal, even Gambit went '' Come back to me when you finally decide to. I don't wanna be a port but your home ''.

But , must block that out of my mind again O.o

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

That art is barely passable

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lots of steroids being used. Hope they don't share needles.

MixMastaMicah5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Raiden...I mean Storm Wins!

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm...the Marvel PC police missed something, the X-men called Holocaust...Holocaust and not retcon PC name Nemsis. I guess they were too focused on Goblin Queen underboob oufit and missed this.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well, AoA was a big Joe Mad joint, and Sandoval is basically Joe Mad-lite (and I mean that as lovingly as possible, Joe is my favorite X-Men artist ever, and Sandoval is quickly becoming one of my current favorites), just look at his Guardians 3000 art and whatnot, when I got back into comics last year I actually thought it was Joe Mad :)

Actually a little bummed Sandoval is on New Avengers after SW and not one of the X books, but I guess Humberto Ramos (the Joe Mad-lite-lite lol) will do

Nolidoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really feeling these Baron titles, I mean it fits for some. But I don't see Apocalypse bowing to anyone unless they switch up his personality like they did Medusa's (still not a fan of).

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@nolidoli: He'd bow to a universal power. He might be a "Titan" in his own right, but even they fail to the Gods.

Nolidoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardiandevil83: Oh, I agree he's weaker to a universal power, but I've never seen Apocalypse bow to anyone. I think he'd be in the same boat as the Red Skull and try to overthrow him. I just don't see him bending a knee. If Red Skull had the arrogance to attempt to take down Doom surely Apocalypse would to.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordraiden: @stellar421: Well, this is Battleworld, and any Kingdom have an appointed ruler [by God Doom], and all of him have the Title of "Baron/Baroness". Even if some of them use anothers title, such as the Red King [Baron of Greenland], The Maestro [Baron of Dystopia] o King Magnus [Baron of the Monarchy of M], all are Baron, in the eyes of Doom :)

And that Apocalypse would be the Baron of a Kingdom called "Domain of Apocalypse" was quite predictable :)

interesting, thank you. Can anyone give me the run down on Secret Wars/Battleworld? Please feel free to put it in spoilers if you feel it's necessary. There seems to be Beyonders, Doom with their powers? the end of 616 and the rest of the multiverse. How did Doom get to be God like?

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordraiden: WARNING: GIGA-Spoiler on Hickman Run

Well, the full run, if you want read it, is: the Hickman "Avengers" and "New Avengers" series, all of them!!!

If you want now only the base point: The Multiverse have been destroyed. An incredible war between the "Ivory King" and "Rabhum Alhal, The Great Destroyer" start to make the multiverse collapse. Universe start to clashing each others, point of collision: Earth. The heroes, in different way, try to stop that, but all fails. A group of Monsters, guided by Namor and called The Cabal, start to destroy different earth, hoping to stop the collision [Namore hope that, the others make that only for fun...]. Even they Fail. Some others make extreme choice [i.e. Doctor Strange guide a group of interdimensional Magic Priest do destroy earths itself] but all fail. In the end, we discover that the Ivory Kings are The Byonders, and they are trying an experiment: cancell all the creation. But we discover also that Rabhum Alhal was Doctor Doom! With the power of the Molecolar Man he is trying to Stop the Ivory King, running throught time and space to collect powers, followers and find a solution.

In the end, Everything Ends! The last two universe collapse [616 and 1610] one on the others. Only two Lift Raft, incredibly powerfull ships created by the best mind of the earth, try to escape and go... nowhere, since with the end of all, there will be no other place to go. In one Lift Raft, we have Reed Richard [616] and a bunch of Heroes. In the Others, we have Reed Richard [Ultimate] and The Cabal. But while everything end, Doctor Doom try his last attempt to fight the Beyonders [with the aid, perhaps, of Doctor Strange]. He suceed! In some unknow and still untold way, he stop the beyonders and take [some of?] their power. He try to save something of a multiverse that exist no more.

And so he create the Battleworld, the last planet on the multiverse, floating into the void, with no stars in the sky and only an "artificial" sun. Each domanin of Battleworld is take from a different universe. Doom [now with God-like powers] and Doctor Strange "rewrite" the history of every domanis, so for the inhabitants of the Battleworld, things are always been in this way. And Doom pose a rule of "non contact" between domain [with some exception].

But somewhere, burried in the earth of the Last Planet of the Multiverse, there are the Two Last Life Raft, the only remains of the Old Universe.

Here start Secret Wars, the "main story", and we have an incredible numbers of new series. More or less one for each domain! "Age of Apocalypse" is only the series of the Kingdom of Apocalypse....

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordraiden: WARNING: GIGA-Spoiler on Hickman Run

Well, the full run, if you want read it, is: the Hickman "Avengers" and "New Avengers" series, all of them!!!

If you want now only the base point: The Multiverse have been destroyed. An incredible war between the "Ivory King" and "Rabhum Alhal, The Great Destroyer" start to make the multiverse collapse. Universe start to clashing each others, point of collision: Earth. The heroes, in different way, try to stop that, but all fails. A group of Monsters, guided by Namor and called The Cabal, start to destroy different earth, hoping to stop the collision [Namore hope that, the others make that only for fun...]. Even they Fail. Some others make extreme choice [i.e. Doctor Strange guide a group of interdimensional Magic Priest do destroy earths itself] but all fail. In the end, we discover that the Ivory Kings are The Byonders, and they are trying an experiment: cancell all the creation. But we discover also that Rabhum Alhal was Doctor Doom! With the power of the Molecolar Man he is trying to Stop the Ivory King, running throught time and space to collect powers, followers and find a solution.

In the end, Everything Ends! The last two universe collapse [616 and 1610] one on the others. Only two Lift Raft, incredibly powerfull ships created by the best mind of the earth, try to escape and go... nowhere, since with the end of all, there will be no other place to go. In one Lift Raft, we have Reed Richard [616] and a bunch of Heroes. In the Others, we have Reed Richard [Ultimate] and The Cabal. But while everything end, Doctor Doom try his last attempt to fight the Beyonders [with the aid, perhaps, of Doctor Strange]. He suceed! In some unknow and still untold way, he stop the beyonders and take [some of?] their power. He try to save something of a multiverse that exist no more.

And so he create the Battleworld, the last planet on the multiverse, floating into the void, with no stars in the sky and only an "artificial" sun. Each domanin of Battleworld is take from a different universe. Doom [now with God-like powers] and Doctor Strange "rewrite" the history of every domanis, so for the inhabitants of the Battleworld, things are always been in this way. And Doom pose a rule of "non contact" between domain [with some exception].

But somewhere, burried in the earth of the Last Planet of the Multiverse, there are the Two Last Life Raft, the only remains of the Old Universe.

Here start Secret Wars, the "main story", and we have an incredible numbers of new series. More or less one for each domain! "Age of Apocalypse" is only the series of the Kingdom of Apocalypse....

Great, thank you for that summary

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not a fan of the art but im giving this a shot for the story