Exclusive Preview: ACTION COMICS #961

• 67 results
ILostTheKey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@heirtothekingdom: Fair enough. Aqauaman looks like he can lift more, but Diana tops him in striking, speed, and durability. It's just that none of those categories (other than durability) are on par with her older showings

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By HeirToTheKingdom

@ilostthekey: I agree, however in that preview above she's blocking Doomsday's two handed blow with a shield using one arm. She also tossed Doomsay pretty easily last chapter, so her strength feats are getting there.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

I am starting to think the whole first arc of Action Comics is just filler for the artists to get lead time and to set up the new status quo. So the other titles don't have the baggage.

Why?

Because I really can't explain why this arc takes so long. Nothing happens.Okay, the characterization is solid but the plot has frozen since issue 1.

pumpkin1713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sure it will be fantastical!!

Dafyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This comic perfectly illustrates one of my beefs with Batman vs Superman. It was clear that while Doomsday was knocking Diana around a bit, she could have tussled with him all day with minimal problems. So, why, exactly, did Supes have to carry the Spear of Death and get himself impaled?

harlequinreala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can someone help me with the labels here? Are we talking earth 1 clark and lois? Who's who?

Harun_Kurnaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a child could see Superwoman, when Lois flying with super speed?

Given the fact, that Clark Kent is dressed in the same clothes, which he wore in Batman\Superman Annual 2, it can be assumed that he is New 52 Superman.

Good point on Batman/Superman Annual. Why they never mentioned about the end.A knife to the stomach while he is unpowered. This is definetly connected with second arc of Action Comics

apokos7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@koujimoreno: The Superman staring on both Action Comics and Superman is the one from before Flashpoint and the Lois on those books too. For more information read the Superman Lois and Clark 8 issue miniseries and the 8 part The Final Days of Superman storyline or feel free to just dive in to these books. They are both pretty amazing. If you're wondering about that Superwoman mentioned here, she is the New 52 Lois Lane who will also star in hew own series written/drawn by Phil Jimenez and also drawn by Emanuela Lupacchino.

harlequinreala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By harlequinreala

@apokos7: So...that's Earth 1 superman right? The one that survived the fight with Superboy Prime?

apokos7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koujimoreno: Yes, Earth-1 Superman. Like I said above, his story actually starts at Superman Lois and Clark but you could also skip that.

kenshima15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Superman looks like he's giving Doomsday the RKO of his life lol

harlequinreala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apokos7: I'm sitting getting caught up on new52 Justice League, but lemme get this straight, there's Earth-1 Superman, the new52 superman that "died", and a random Clark that might be new52 Superman?

apokos7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By apokos7

@koujimoreno: Yes. We had the New 52 Superman, the Earth-1 Superman who returned recently and the new mysterious Clark Kent who has no powers and we are supposed to get answers about that next month or so.

harlequinreala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By HolySerpent

@squalleon said:

I am starting to think the whole first arc of Action Comics is just filler for the artists to get lead time and to set up the new status quo. So the other titles don't have the baggage.

Why?

Because I really can't explain why this arc takes so long. Nothing happens.Okay, the characterization is solid but the plot has frozen since issue 1.

Action Comics sucks. all there doing is telling an old storie with a twist.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@squalleon said:

Why?

Action Comics sucks. all there doing is telling an old storie with a twist.

You know that's not a bad idea per se but the story just doesn't need 6 issues to be told. If the plot needed 6 issues then sure. But the plot has frozen solid since issue 2.

I personally won't drop the title because the first arc is almost done and the arcs after that seem smaller and promise answers and development.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

There is so much going on across the Superman Titles. I cannot wait to see how this all plays out. Some of the stuff in SuperWoman seems like something from the older days.I will not spoil that for anyone.