Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

THOR #6

(W) Jason Aaron (A/CA) Russell Dauterman

WHO IS THOR?

• That's the question on everyone's lips. Most especially Prince Odinson of Asgard. This issue, he starts to narrow down the list of suspects.

• Meanwhile, tensions continue to flare between the All-Mother and All-Father, Malekith forges his most dangerous pact yet, and Thor prepares to face her greatest challenge!

Rated T+

Item Code: JAN150825 In Shops: 3/11/2015 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
BlueJay2324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Gosh, Darterman is a beast on this art. I'm quite upset I've never see the rainbow bridge look so good.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

My money is on Thor Girl

Dredd_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Dredd_78

I've really enjoyed Russell Darterman's art on this series. I've enjoyed it once I gave it a chance. The fan backlash really isn't deserved.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bog spoiler: Thor is Odinson, bur who is this chick? Perhaps Roz.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I love Loki on that cover

sturmritter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who cares who she is? *snore*

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this mystery is dragging on too long.....

LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By LCazT1996
kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yeah Heimdall should definitely know who the new Thor is

sturmritter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sturmritter

@sturmritter said:

I do.

Well, I don't.

Don't get me wrong, I like the art, but the whole premise of the title is off-putting to me. Who the heck is Odinson? That's what I want to know. After all, Thor is Odin's SON (not daughter!), and any attempt to "Steal the name" is just that, an attempt. A bad paltry feeble attempt at that. But heck, you can purchase the title, and I can boycott it, and we'll see who is in the majority, if the title survives or not.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

@sturmritter said:

I do.

Well, I don't.

Don't get me wrong, I like the art, but the whole premise of the title is off-putting to me. Who the heck is Odinson? That's what I want to know. After all, Thor is Odin's SON (not daughter!), and any attempt to "Steal the name" is just that, an attempt. A bad paltry feeble attempt at that. But heck, you can purchase the title, and I can boycott it, and we'll see who is in the majority, if the title survives or not.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

@arturocalakayvee: That is a interesting response. Have you been to the Thor forums lately.

GeekyEverAfter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I love Loki's expression! It's like "Who, me?? You can't be serious!" xD

I do admit, it would be kinda hilarious if this new goddess of thunder turns out to be none other than Loki himself LOL.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowswordmaster: Can't say I visit character specific forums very much. I just usually go to the main forum page where everything is.

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

odin needs to die again. he is super annoying. things were so much better when the all mothers were in charge. they even took away her cool armor and gaea and idunn. BRING THEM BACK

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't care who she is, I want old Thor back, drinking mead and crushing frost giants.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i know this isnt true but since marvel seems to have forgotten that crystal exist: crystal for the new thor. hey she already has elemental powers

RedHush1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21  Edited By RedHush1

I won't get mad at you for disliking my opinion but my personal opinion is I really like this series. I love it. I love this new Thor and am excited to see who she is

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jenkale

@sturmritter: you obviously dont read any thor books lol. Thor has been referred to as Thor Odinson (last name) for YEARS. Odin is Odin Borson. and she didnt STEAL the name, she EARNED it. thor even gave her his blessing in issue 4. and who cares about majority??? INDIVIDUALITY IS WHERE ITS AT. sigh so sad yall are stuck on that 'popular' crap. super tv high school

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

@dredd_78 said:

I've really enjoyed Russell Darterman's art on this series. I've enjoyed it once I gave it a chance. The fan backlash really isn't deserved.

This.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Boynerdgeek

@shadowswordmaster: you do realise that this new thor is here to stay. After 4 issues it is still top 10 best sales comics each months. Marvel love money

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

i love the Art, hate the story. is that even possible

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best part about this series in Odin and the art. Hope they actually tell us who Thor is in this issue. They can't drag the mystery on forever, I am already starting to lose interest in her altogether. We need to know fury's whisper too. Hard to be come invested in this story when I don't even know why its happening in the first place. Looking forward to the Destroyer vs Thor too. Thor should not be able to beat him, perhaps that it how her identity is revealed. You can't hide from the All-Father forever.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Sharon Carter.

Vendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prince Odinson? You mean Thor?

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome art of the Rainbow bridge, so purty!!!

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that 2nd variant looks cool and I like what they did with Heimdall eyes there on the interior art.

sturmritter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sturmritter: you obviously dont read any thor books lol. Thor has been referred to as Thor Odinson (last name) for YEARS. Odin is Odin Borson. and she didnt STEAL the name, she EARNED it. thor even gave her his blessing in issue 4. and who cares about majority??? INDIVIDUALITY IS WHERE ITS AT. sigh so sad yall are stuck on that 'popular' crap. super tv high school

You know what? You're absolutely right. I don't read this crap. I see the artwork is pretty good, but I've got 10 years worth of old Thor comics collected to keep me busy without dealing with a so-called goddess of thunder. She EARNED it, whatever. You keep believing that. Just because Aaron is an idiot, doesn't mean I have to buy into it.

sturmritter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure said:

i love the Art, hate the story. is that even possible

This ^^

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also I must say that odinson going to Sif to ask if she used Mjolnir was very silly and made no sense at all. Its not like sif is going to become worthy of Mjolnir, fight Thor with it, and then just go back to Asgard and drink mead in a bar like nothing happened without telling him. I think Sif acted a little too rudely but Odinson was being dumb. Please stop making odinson act like such an idiot, Jason Aaron.

Avatar image for devil-wears-converse
devil-wears-converse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perfect_10 said:

You know what? You're absolutely right. I don't read this crap. I see the artwork is pretty good, but I've got 10 years worth of old Thor comics collected to keep me busy without dealing with a so-called goddess of thunder. She EARNED it, whatever. You keep believing that. Just because Aaron is an idiot, doesn't mean I have to buy into it.

No Caption Provided

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boynerdgeek: I heard the same thing.

@arturocalakayvee: In some places yeah.

StarOfElyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By StarOfElyon

Somehow with Dauterman's gorgeous artwork returning I feel like this series is about to recapture its former glory (which it lost in number 5)! I love Roz Solomon and I love Lady Thor. Haters gunna hate!

illmatic4177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So the writing has been great, art has been great, and we all know the Odinson will be the real Thor again at some point. So why are people bitching?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie
brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Marvel's pretty clearly buying good press from a few sites. There's the 5 star review of the last issue which may have been the worst ever, and the fact that over the last few months The Onion AV Club has essentially become a Marvel fansite.

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie:

You must have a really high opinion of your... well, your opinion if you think that reviewers that don't agree with you must be bought.

staypuffed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

This book is excellent, and this looks like another fantastic issue.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The book is great, but the cover is crazy..

They drew Thor too skinny. She looks like Calista Flockhart skinny.

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

Do you mean the 2nd Variant cover? Yeah, the stomach is waaay to skinny. It's a shame because otherwise it's beautiful.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

Do you mean the 2nd Variant cover? Yeah, the stomach is waaay to skinny. It's a shame because otherwise it's beautiful.

yea. its a great cover aside from Thor's super skinny waste.

Avatar image for brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie
brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galacticfork: Wow, it's almost like you didn't read what I said at all! Of course that's about the level of intelligence I'd expect from someone who actually thinks this book is good ;)

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perfect_10 said:

I like how the man puts out one of the best Thor runs in recent years and when he makes a change that people don't like, it automatically makes him an idiot.

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By GalacticFork

@brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie: Eh? Was there some secret code in those 2 sentences that I missed? Let's examine them.

"Marvel's pretty clearly buying good press from a few sites."

Already it's a clear accusation of buying good press... But maybe the second paragraph somehow clarifies things further.

"There's the 5 star review of the last issue which may have been the worst ever, and the fact that over the last few months The Onion AV Club has essentially become a Marvel fansite."

Clause 1: So a 5 star review of what you think is the worst ever... It can't be that the reviewer actually like it. Nope, obviously Marvel is buying good press. I'm failing to see where my response doesn't apply.

Clause 2: Perhaps the hidden secret is here, or it's just hyperbole about the Onion AV Club for most likely being positive about certain things you don't like, so you built it up to "THEY'RE BEING BOUGHT!"

Nah, I think I had it right the first time. You think your opinion is so factual that people having different opinions means something underhanded is going on.