Exclusive First Look: THE UNWORTHY THOR #1

• 121 results
Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

@katanalauncher: all the other universes were already destroyed, Doom couldn't be making copies and saving them cause they were already gone, the only 2 left were 616 and 1616, that was the final incurtion, doom created when he could out of his omnipotence, the way the beyonders were able to create all the universes in the first place, but doom wasn't good enough to create it correctly, that's what happened in the end, Franklin and Reed recreated all the universes, doom didn't save things, he half-assedly recreated them

the point of the battle with the beyonders was so there would still be something to rule, he didn't save anything, everything was destroyed, then he recreated what he could

and these hammers aren't already there, he destroys a star every year to make them himself

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@sophia89:

Nope, the writer wrote himself in a corner that he can't get out of.

And i think its more deep than you think... Following the time line...

1 Straczynski run Dr. Strange fixes/bounds Mjolnir with Thor life force...

2 "Fear Itself" Odin is still in total control of the Hammer

3 "Fear Itself" S. Rogers is once again worthy of a normal Mjolnir

4 "Original Sin" a Whisper makes Thor unworthy

5 In "Axis" (after the whisper) inverted Loki is Worthy of a normal Mjolnir

6 But Odin is like Thor unworthy

7 Without seeds anywhere Jane Foster wields character Mjolnir

8 In "time runs out" Thor is (un) worthy of (inverted) Thorr's hammer

9 In the same event (after the first battle with the Beyonders) Thor is no longer (un) worthy of Thorr's hammer

10 Its almost impossible come up with something that will not enter in direct contradiction with what was established in the very recent past...

(Probably say that was only to allow the Female Thor Pr and reboot (like you said), would save time to everyone from Marvel Editorial to fans/readers)...

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By christianrapper

@jayskee said:

Are we ever going to know what made him unworthy?

he stole cable from spiderman. you didn't read the secret thor and spidey teamup issue that came out after original sin?

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital:

It seems you have some fundamental misunderstanding about battleworld, and secret wars/everything dies in general.

all the other universes were already destroyed, Doom couldn't be making copies and saving them cause they were already gone

Doom didn't make the copies, the copies were made in the incursion point when an incursion occur and takes both universes.

No Caption Provided

the only 2 left were 616 and 1616, that was the final incurtion

Those two earth/universe were also destroyed, hence why 616 fantastic four is with doom on battleworld.

doom created when he could out of his omnipotence, the way the beyonders were able to create all the universes in the first place

No Caption Provided

Doom only created a fraction of it, anything that resembles their origin in the previous universe were just copied.

Doom created things like the domains and the shield.

but doom wasn't good enough to create it correctly

That's because he cannot recreate the muti-verse from scratch, since he doesn't process omniscience, therefore he cannot wield the power effectively.

the point of the battle with the beyonders was so there would still be something to rule, he didn't save anything, everything was destroyed, then he recreated what he could

No Caption Provided

Hear from the man himself, we later found out that Doom defeats the beyonders in order to save the remnants of incursion points across the mutiverse.

and these hammers aren't already there, he destroys a star every year to make them himself

First of all, battleworld doesn't have stars. The only sun is Johnny Storm radiating as one.

Second, like I said, Doom simply restore the hammers from the remnants, it's possible he modified them to draw power from him, but he does not process the knowledge to create them from scratch since he is without omniscience.

ZUKOLICIOUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

I've never been that into thor tbh but I'm legit hyped for this. The art looks amazing, ultimate Mjolnir is awesome, and it'll be really cool to see him try to regain his worthiness.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Mrnoital

I have a fundimental misunderstanding? that's cute

your original point was that ultimate mjolnir was directly from earth 1616 and was still just a machine that could only recognize Thors DNA, and now that you realize you're wrong your trying to change your position to admitting that Doom recreated it on his own, while still saying you're right and I'm wrong, I'm not even going to adress the rest of your flip-flopping cause it's pointless

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By katanalauncher

@mrnoital: How about you address my points that addressed your misunderstanding of Hickman's run and stop dodge the questions?

I still and have always maintained that the hammer is the original, doom just copy and pasted it from the remnants of the dead universes, it's still a machine unless you can argue that it isn't in ultimate universe.

Address my points correcting you about doom didn't save anything, and he couldn't make copies and created everyone in Battleworld.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@katanalauncher: you realize you posted a picture that proved that Doom and Strange made everything

5466969-battlewworld.png

sure they made a some of it in the image of previous universes, but they still made it themselves with their power

it's not copy paste its like the computer crashed, and having to completely remake what was lost

the hammers were made by Doom like everything else on battleworld and had to be enchanted by doom, because they were completely destroyed and had to be remade

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital:

you realize you posted a picture that proved that Doom and Strange made everything

Made != Create, notice how Strange worded it, "Saving what we could, creating what we could not"

Doom didn't create most things from scratch, most characters/weapon are the exact copy of themselves from the previous universe.

it's not copy paste its like the computer crashed, and having to completely remake what was lost

It's like the computer crashed, but you restored the files from a backup.

the hammers were made by Doom like everything else on battleworld and had to be enchanted by doom,

Everything is made using his powers

because they were completely destroyed and had to be remade

Remade meaning Doom restored it from the incursion points, doesn't mean he recreated it from scratch, he was unable to do so without omniscience.

For example, the Mjolnir was a machine in it's previous universe, so if Doom copy and pasted it onto the battleworld it would still be a machine.

Still, if you want to proof the you didn't misunderstood some elements of Hickman's run you can respond and disprove my rebuttal in my previous post.

heavyone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

So let me get this straight....

• We have a Female Thor, who has cancer when she is not touching Mjolnir
  • We have an unworthy Thor with a shriveled arm and Jarnbjorn (Axe), trying to be Thor anyway
  • Captain America is an African-American with the shield and wings.
  • Bruce Banner asked to be killed, and has been by Hawkeye
  • Cyclops is dead
  • Young Cyclops and the original X-Men from the past are here in the future
  • Apocalypse is a good guy
  • Original Captain America is loyal to Hydra
  • Iceman is Gay
  • Iron-Man will let Ironheart (African-American female) take over
  • War Machine is dead

WHAT THE HELL IS MARVEL DOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree,...what the hell is Marvel doing?????

Where's the man-teets focus in all the artwork that we've come to expect from "QUOTE"-Odinson-"Unquote"? It's almost like this title isn't focused on the feminist market? What gives? I thought that Marvel taking the romance novel market by storm was the future?

And the title is soooo confusing! Marvel's been telling me that the guy in that picture isn't actually Thor anymore but Odinson. So why isn't the title 'Unworthy Odinson'? They should launch a marketing campaign to clear up the confusion: "This is not Thor, not He-Thor, not man-Thor,...this is Odinson!".

I guess the current number #62 ranking for "Mighty Thor" with it's 45,929 sales wasn't quite the future that Marvel was hoping for.

I'd like to help Marvel out buy buying this book,...but my misogynistic jaw is still hurting from being smashed by the feminist supporters and their hero the "true MIGHTY THOR". Somehow that pain just makes me extra reluctant to go near the Marvel magazine section. If only me and Marvel could pretend all that never happened.

kfhrfdu_89_76k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Well that looks awful. And so does the synopsis.

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89: No thanks. ANY presence in a Thor book of Jane Foster from now on, for me, is a deal breaker. If they even mention her name or acknowledge her, I won't buy the book. Period.

RFreeThinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By RFreeThinker

@sinikettu: Miles is in the "Universe Formally Known as the 616" because he gave Molecule Man his old cheeseburger.... and so he hooked Miles up!

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinikettu said:

@bluehope: @mrnoital: Nope, never revealed but hinted here and there. I suspect that the writer and editors of OS-event thought the whole whisper-business as far less important than the readers, never giving any real thought to it, and it has caught them with their pants down.

How can Miles Morales and the Maker be alive and kicking in 616? I doubt there's ever going to be satisfactory answers beyond somewhat condescending -well duh! Fractions of it survived the merger and were then scattered across the multiverses yadda yadda ya.

Fury whispered; "Your whole Norse based cult culture is sexist to the core, and does not sync with our modern 'politically correct group infested' pop culture.

Ergo, you are unworthy."

In short; "Thor, you're sexist". The hammer drops.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Now, they need to bring Wolverine back to his former glory.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gawd I can't stand ultimate Mjolnirs design, but Man is this some gorgeous art

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roy81: Doom recreated all the heroes from erased universes, including Ultimate Thor. They all were the same people remade and given altered memeroies as Dr Strange stated several times in the Secrete Wars comics. Same people, altered memeroies, which is what the Thor Corps was specifically about as well.

@werst9: older post but Ultimate Thor did not need a suit to power it. He had actual God powers by Odin, lost them, then regain them, then lost them again, and had them again in Secrete Wars. So there is multiple Hammers, one of them the original Ultimate Ofin made.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@sirfizzwhizz: So which hammer do you think made it to the Marvel Prime universe that Odinson will wield? The technology one or the godly one?

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@sirfizzwhizz: So which hammer do you think made it to the Marvel Prime universe that Odinson will wield? The technology one or the godly one?

The Godly one of course. It was the Godly one Odin had last in Secrete Wars.

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

great, he is getting beat up by some weaklings.

Why can't Thor have his original mjolnir? Lady Thor should have this "other mjolnir"

because he is not a woman.