Exclusive First Look: The Princess Bride Coloring Book

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

"As you wish." The Princess Bride is an amazing movie. Based on the novel by William Goldman published in 1973, the movie made its theatrical debut on September 1987. Directed by Rob Reiner, the film starred Cary Elwes, Robin Wright, Mandy Patinkin, Peter Falk, Fred Savage, and André the Giant. The movie and novel are classics to this day.

You might be wondering why we're bringing this up now. IDW Publishing is getting ready to release a coloring book based on The Princess Bride. Adult Coloring Books are the rage these days and you'll soon be able to pick this up for yourself or a loved one that really digs the movie.

No Caption Provided

A coloring book of The Princess Bride? This is something no one else has ever tried! Prepare for a book from IDW that leaves the coloring up to you! Get your pen and prepare to color a story experience like no other. Celebrate the beloved movie by grabbing your pencils and getting groovy. Rachel Curtis has done the illustration, now it's up to you provide the coloration. You'll adore this book based off the time-honored hit -- and no more rhyming now, we mean it.

"The Princess Bride is a movie that only gets better with each viewing. It's a truly magical balance of comedy, action, and fairy tale," says IDW VP of New Product Development, Jerry Bennington. "The film itself is a wonderful adaptation of the book by William Goldman, and we've found the perfect artist to adapt this material into this new coloring book format in Rachel Curtis. She's a huge fan of the film and is doing a wonderful job creating illustrations that will allow you to spend hours in the world of the Dread Pirate Roberts and Princess Buttercup. From sprawling landscapes and beautiful castles to epic action scenes, you'll have 80 pages of illustrations to color as you wish."

The Princess Bride: A Storybookto Color is an 80-page deluxe adult coloring book featuring a beautiful gold-foiled cover and upgraded paperstock. Featuring pen and ink illustrations by Rachel Curtis, the book takes you from Florin to Guilder and everywhere in between. Based off the film which will be celebrating its 30th anniversary in 2017, there's only one way to describe the beauty of this book: inconceivable!

The Princess Bride: A Story Book will be in stores this October.

TP • BW • $17.99 • 88 Pages • 9.8” x 9.8”

If you're wondering what the interior pages look like, IDW has given us an exclusive look at some pages.

Let us know what you think about this. Do you love The Princess Bride or do you just like it?

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

I watched the movie for the first time a few weeks ago. I don't get the hype. Maybe 30 years ago it was considered good.

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@dd208: It's the quotables man.

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#3  Edited By fables87

@dd208 said:

I watched the movie for the first time a few weeks ago. I don't get the hype. Maybe 30 years ago it was considered good.

I had the same reaction actually. I mean I kind of liked the movie, but nothing I'd want to watch again.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also watched the movie a few weeks back and I liked it.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@dd208: It's the quotables man.

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

"As you wish."

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Coloring book looks cute, but nothing I'd pick up or anything.

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maniac2312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

My kids watched it and it's one of their favs. I would love this.....probably would have to get two so one stays pretty.