Exclusive First Look: Civil War II: X-Men #2

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The X-Men are getting involved in Civil War II. Marvel has given us an exclusive first look at Victor Ibanez's variant cover plus some of the interior pages.

No Caption Provided

Civil War II: X-Men #2 (OF 4)

(W) Cullen Bunn (A) Andrea Broccardo (CA) Victor Ibanez

• An Inhuman with the power to profile the future has emerged, upsetting the delicate balance of power between the Inhuman and Mutant nations.

• And the mutant master of magnetism, MAGNETO refuses to allow his people to fall by the wayside.

• Now, Magneto rallies those who would follow him to even the scales...even if it means risking war with Inhumans and Mutants alike to do it!

Rated T+

Item Code: MAY160762 In Shops: 7/6/2016 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

JewishDork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

That art is better than most of the art on the other X-Men books.

Tattacus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Is that Chris O'Donnell under Magneto's helmet?

RavenKingXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Feel like that cover gives a perfect reason to get rid of storm's Mohawk.

Robocop5888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love xmen

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bl00dwerK

I hope that one brood eats that hipster... ;)

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my god... storms hair is awful in the last scan, and is captain marvel a guy :/

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mooty_Pass

I'm guessing they don't know how to draw a Mowhawk. Anyway why is Capt Marvel here???

CobraCommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm guessing they don't know how to draw a Mowhawk. Anyway why is Capt Marvel here???

Do you really have to ask?

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@cobracommander said:
@stormphoenix said:

Yes I do, and because I can LOL

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well she does run Alpha Flight Space Station and the Brood are Aliens so it makes sense that she'd be there to combat them.

CobraCommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cobracommander said:
@stormphoenix said:

Yes I do, and because I can LOL

Never said you couldn't, buddy.

Though it should be obvious that Tony and Carol were bound to show their faces sooner or later. This is after all a part of Civil War II. Plus alien invasions are kind of her thing now.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cobracommander: @Feartheliving: I don't remember Carol having encounter the Brood Alien race which is why i'm wondering why is she here. I understand why the X-men are here Storm is the only one that has a major Issue with the Brood.(As far as I know)

However now that you bring that point Carol is Alpha Flight maybe she saw the X-men fighting an Alien race and trying to recruit the X-men. (Hopefully Storm doesn't say yes)

I just found it weird that's all.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: I'm guessing she say them enter Earth's atmosphere to attack the X-Men or something and she just followed them down there to get them. That or they were already on Earth like you said and saw their battle with the X-Men and decided to lend a hand as it's her job anyways.

Avatar image for handofprometheus
HandOfPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: Carol did encounter the brood before. She fought them with the X-men in the brood saga. Because of the brood she was able to go binary. This took place in Uncanny X-men.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

That cover is kind of cool minus Storm.

Avatar image for handofprometheus
HandOfPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravenkingxxx: Ya I think it's time to get rid of the Mohawk now. I feel like it over stayed it's welcome.

CobraCommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cobracommander: @Feartheliving: I don't remember Carol having encounter the Brood Alien race which is why i'm wondering why is she here. I understand why the X-men are here Storm is the only one that has a major Issue with the Brood.(As far as I know)

However now that you bring that point Carol is Alpha Flight maybe she saw the X-men fighting an Alien race and trying to recruit the X-men. (Hopefully Storm doesn't say yes)

I just found it weird that's all.

She was with the X-Men during the Brood Saga as Binary when Xavier took her in after she got nuked by Rouge. Her being here and helping the X-Men fight the Brood should feel like old times.

I actually kinda like the fact that she's around the X-Men because most authors like to ignore their history. She's one of the original non mutants down with the cause.

As for trying to recruit the X-Men isn't Medusa on her side? Ad didn't the old CWII X-Men previews say that Storm opted to help Medusa and oppose Magnus or something like that? It'd seem like she did get them. . .

someblackguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By someblackguy

i hate old man logan

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That art is better than most of the art on the other X-Men books.

CobraCommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravenkingxxx: Ya I think it's time to get rid of the Mohawk now. I feel like it over stayed it's welcome.

Should she go bald instead? She has the smoothest and most symmetrical head in the universe. Pillow worthy.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cobracommander: @handofprometheus: @Feartheliving: Well then I must have completely missed that then........moving on. Going by the small information I don't think the X-men will be ALL that important in this CW2 mess. The only thing the X-men are trying to prevent is a War against the Inhumans(THANKS Magneto -_-) which is why Storm is trying to prevent.

However I do not doubt in this fight after the Brood attack Carol will mention or even opt to ask Storm to join her side. Although, sides haven't been chosen yet.

Side Note: Yes I do remember Carol being a member of the X-men and Storm and Carol do have some small friendship as well as Rogue however.......it's just weird that NOW Carol Danvers is seen with the X-men. I mean don't you guys think it's been a long time since Carol actually teamed up with the X-men???

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My question is why the brood are even attacking.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cobracommander: @handofprometheus: @Feartheliving: Well then I must have completely missed that then........moving on. Going by the small information I don't think the X-men will be ALL that important in this CW2 mess. The only thing the X-men are trying to prevent is a War against the Inhumans(THANKS Magneto -_-) which is why Storm is trying to prevent.

However I do not doubt in this fight after the Brood attack Carol will mention or even opt to ask Storm to join her side. Although, sides haven't been chosen yet.

Side Note: Yes I do remember Carol being a member of the X-men and Storm and Carol do have some small friendship as well as Rogue however.......it's just weird that NOW Carol Danvers is seen with the X-men. I mean don't you guys think it's been a long time since Carol actually teamed up with the X-men???

Yes, but in a crossover the idea is to stick the main players in as many titles as possible.

CobraCommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're hungry.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen said:

They're hungry.

They are a sophisticated alien race that lays their eggs in other races. Usually they have a better plan than 'swarm', especially since they must know how well protected Earth is.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool to see the brood again, and the X-Men working with Carol. And loving Storm's costume with black vs all white.

NWOslave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i just cant get hyped for the x-men no matter what. they are just so plain jane vanilla anymore.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ken Lashley's art is still the superior one.

Anyway, Magneto's helmet looks like crap on this cover...

Attilan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Attilan

God! Captain Marvel is in every damn book. I know it's hypocritical considering my username but at least the Inhumans are a team book. Carol is made out to be everything by Marvel when nothing about her is interesting (other than looking like a man)

batarang614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is that a giant shark or are there tiny brood?