Exclusive First Look: CHAMPIONS #1.MU

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The Marvel Universe is in trouble. With the Monsters Unleashed event happening, the heroes are going to have their hands full fighting them off. We recently got word of some of the tie-in issues. More tie-ins were announced involving the Champions, Doctor Strange, the X-Men, and Inhumans.

Marvel has given us an exclusive first look at the Champions issue. The new team of heroes just might be in over their heads.

CHAMPIONS #1.MU

No Caption Provided

Written by JEREMY WHITLEY

Art by RO STEIN & TED BRANDT

Cover by SIMONE BIANCHI

40 pgs. – On Sale in February!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Sifighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

I will say that this looks really good and I'm interested to see what they are going to be doing in this.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@cassie_hack: I don't think this comes out now. It comes out when the event does, which is in January. Also who had the idea of naming an event after the second scooby doo movie?

StellatedColt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Did they change the art? If so, thank god.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@stahlflamme: that's still in 2 months, 3 issues after it started...

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2cool4fun: Did you see all-new Hawkeye last year? Started before the previous Hawkeye series was over, got interrupted after five issues by secret wars and then renumbered afterwards. I'm immune to this bullshit now.

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Champions vs Giant Monster? Well, they have an Hulk, job done!

benwoodtweet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stahlflamme: Marvel had a series called Monsters Unleashed that ran from 1973 to 1975. it was a quasi-horror series that focused on the monsters of Marvel like Man-Thing. Why they're doing this in January and not October boggles the mind.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best thing about that is that, that is actually the closest thing to an overarching plot in Amadeus solo series, him hunting random monsters. Hopefully, they at least connect those two things. Who are we kidding with Hulks writer not writing this or the main monsters unleashed and the event trying to be new reader friendly, that of course isn't gonna happen...

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^ all my thoughts when seeing this.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amadeus looks even lamer in this one then he does in the other book.

Good job Marvel.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amadeus looks even lamer in this one then he does in the other book.

Good job Marvel.

Savage

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JamesSpiring

@stahlflamme: Marvel had a series called Monsters Unleashed that ran from 1973 to 1975. it was a quasi-horror series that focused on the monsters of Marvel like Man-Thing. Why they're doing this in January and not October boggles the mind.

Because Civil War II?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Even Superman need the Justice League now and then. Heck, even the Hulk needs the Avengers now and then

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

However, I'm quite sure that this Hulk need the Champions for fighting aliens, crime boss, robot, energy monsters, high intellect creature and so on...

But "Hulk vs Giant Monsters" is much like "Thor vs Frost Giant" or "Captain America vs Nazi", a classic and iconical fight! "Brute force vs Brute Force, Hulk is really the stongest one?". So I think that in this case, the true job of the others Champions will be saving citizen and containing collateral damage :)

@waezi2 said:
@thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin said:

Even Superman need the Justice League now and then. Heck, even the Hulk needs the Avengers now and then

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Glad that this is a seperate book.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

However, I'm quite sure that this Hulk need the Champions for fighting aliens, crime boss, robot, energy monsters, high intellect creature and so on...

But "Hulk vs Giant Monsters" is much like "Thor vs Frost Giant" or "Captain America vs Nazi", a classic and iconical fight! "Brute force vs Brute Force, Hulk is really the stongest one?". So I think that in this case, the true job of the others Champions will be saving citizen and containing collateral damage :)

@waezi2 said:

But then, how does Amadeus stack up as a Hulk, compared to Banner, Walters, or even Jones? Strength-wise, if there's any record. Just being a version of a certain character doesn't mean you are. They call Val-Zod Superman, but I wouldn't put him against a character like Doomsday or Brainiac.

Tantani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

@waezi2 said:

But then, how does Amadeus stack up as a Hulk, compared to Banner, Walters, or even Jones? Strength-wise, if there's any record. Just being a version of a certain character doesn't mean you are. They call Val-Zod Superman, but I wouldn't put him against a character like Doomsday or Brainiac.

This is a crossover event

all the teams will fight monsters, I guess hulk won't solo everything

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks good. I will pick this up.

Lordhuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeez, can we get Cyclops a Jet Pack already?