Avatar image for gmanfromheck
Posted by gmanfromheck (42245 posts) - - Show Bio

The battle between He-Man and Skeletor is about to go to a new level after last issue's ending. Skeletor seemed to have won the battle against He-Man but it may be time for the tables to turn.

DC has given us an exclusive first look at the wraparound cover to the next issue. Previously, only the portion with He-Man and Skeletor had been seen.

(Click the image to enlarge.)

No Caption Provided

HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE #6

• The epic battle between He-Man and Skeletor comes to an explosive conclusion!
• As the dust settles, who will be left holding the Power of Grayskull?

Written by: Keith Giffen

Art by: Philip Tan, Ruy Jose

Cover by: Dave Wilkins

Color/B&W: Color

Page Count: 32

U.S. Price: 2.99

On Sale Date: Jan 30 2013

Staff
Avatar image for thespideyguy
#1 Edited by thespideyguy (2770 posts) - - Show Bio

Good art, almost looks like Alex Ross.

Avatar image for dboy4dashing
#2 Posted by dboy4dashing (92 posts) - - Show Bio

With Masters of Universe digital comics and He-man And the Masters... I'm really enjoying the run. The art could be better in few panels. But I like the take on it.

I would have preferred a different style for the swords look. I know its classic but the Animated series one was way too cool! Loved that series!

Avatar image for dondave
#3 Posted by dondave (41413 posts) - - Show Bio

Look nice

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
#4 Posted by StMichalofWilson (5520 posts) - - Show Bio

EPIC!!!

Avatar image for inverno
#5 Posted by Inverno (13756 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully the inside art is just as good as the cover...

Avatar image for jwalser3
#6 Posted by jwalser3 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

Hopefully the inside art is just as good as the cover...

Lol when has that ever happened?

Avatar image for knightrise
#7 Posted by KnightRise (4811 posts) - - Show Bio

@thespideyguy said:

Good art, almost looks like Alex Ross.

I wouldn't go that far, but still epic

Avatar image for laserlambert
#8 Posted by LaserLambert (641 posts) - - Show Bio

Tri-Klops still looks silly

Avatar image for aiden_cross
#9 Posted by Aiden Cross (15726 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty awesome art. =)

Avatar image for cavemold
#10 Posted by Cavemold (1818 posts) - - Show Bio

sold ill get the trade

Avatar image for MadeinBangladesh
#11 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (12452 posts) - - Show Bio

I F"N LOVE HEMAN! is this the last issue?

Avatar image for nightfang3
#12 Posted by NightFang3 (12106 posts) - - Show Bio

@thespideyguy said:

Good art, almost looks like Alex Ross.

I was just thinking the same thing.

Avatar image for miss_garrick
#13 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1763 posts) - - Show Bio

He-man will win...

HE HAS THE POOOWWWEEERRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar image for darcsteel
#14 Posted by Darcsteel (24 posts) - - Show Bio

@dboy4dashing said:

With Masters of Universe digital comics and He-man And the Masters... I'm really enjoying the run. The art could be better in few panels. But I like the take on it.

I would have preferred a different style for the swords look. I know its classic but the Animated series one was way too cool! Loved that series!

Actually I love that they kept the swords the same. Little known mythos from the original was that He-man only wielded half of the sword of power although he alone was empowered by Greyskull Skeletor had the other half, Hence their swords look the same (OG he-man fan right here)

Avatar image for fesak
#15 Posted by fesak (8608 posts) - - Show Bio

Nostalgia/10

Moderator Online
Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
#16 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6958 posts) - - Show Bio

That art is truly awesome. I want this in TP so bad...

Avatar image for wonder_princess
#17 Posted by Wonder Princess (170 posts) - - Show Bio

Very Nice.

Avatar image for jayso4201
#18 Posted by Jayso4201 (631 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes you have to have the original swords they were part of what drew me in back in the 80's! Is this really gonna be all they do though? I have really enjoyed the series.

Avatar image for amishavenger
#19 Posted by AmishAvenger (170 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for Trodorne
#20 Posted by Trodorne (2770 posts) - - Show Bio

@Darcsteel said:

@dboy4dashing said:

With Masters of Universe digital comics and He-man And the Masters... I'm really enjoying the run. The art could be better in few panels. But I like the take on it.

I would have preferred a different style for the swords look. I know its classic but the Animated series one was way too cool! Loved that series!

Actually I love that they kept the swords the same. Little known mythos from the original was that He-man only wielded half of the sword of power although he alone was empowered by Greyskull Skeletor had the other half, Hence their swords look the same (OG he-man fan right here)

Also the mythos goes that only direct decendents of King Grayskull could wield the power that the swords carry.

on a also unrelated topic it looks like this summer He-man will be getting a new ongoing series from DC. *Thumbs Up* also going to be having She-ra a part of the main series.

Avatar image for dboy4dashing
#21 Posted by dboy4dashing (92 posts) - - Show Bio

.@Trodorne: Wasn't King Greyskull first introduced in the Animated series? I could be wrong here.