December Cover Reveals- DEATH OF HAWKMAN #3, HE-MAN/THUNDERCATS #3, VIGILANTE SOUTHLAND #3

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

DC Comics has given us an exclusive first look at the covers and solicits for some upcoming books in December.

DEATH OF HAWKMAN #3

No Caption Provided

Written by MARC ANDREYKO—Art by AARON LOPRESTI and LIVESAY—Cover by AARON LOPRESTI

With both Adam Strange and Hawkman on the run as intergalactic fugitives with bounties on their heads, the march to war between Thanagar and Rann intensifies! In order to stop it, the heroes must secretly try to unravel who—or what—is instigating hostilities while dodging pursuit from all corners of the universe! And if you thought you knew Despero, you were wrong!

On sale DECEMBER 7 • 32 pg, FC, 3 of 6, $3.99 US • RATED T

HE-MAN/THUNDERCATS #3

No Caption Provided

Written by ROB DAVID and LLOYD GOLDFINE—Art and cover by FREDDIE E. WILLIAMS II

The ThunderCats team up to combat a new foe: Skeletor! And as young King Lion-O battles this evil from another world, he distracts Skeletor from an important fight against Mumm-Ra. With the Power of Grayskull hanging in the balance, who can possibly turn the tide of battle?

On sale DECEMBER 21 • 32 pg, FC, 3 of 6, $3.99 US • RATED T

VIGILANTE: SOUTHLAND #3

No Caption Provided

Written by GARY PHILLIPS—Art by ELENA CASAGRANDE—Cover by MITCH GERADS

Donny has landed in hot water. Both literally and figuratively. The trail of his girlfriend’s killer has led him into a dangerous conspiracy, and the cops now think he’s a murderer himself. The only way out is to take a jump in the Pacific Ocean, but the mysterious assassin Spectros is going to make sure that the Southland Vigilante never comes up for air.

On sale DECEMBER 28 • 32 pg, FC, 3 of 6, $3.99 US • RATED T+

SP4RT4N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If they wanted to kill Hawkman they should've let it happen in Deathstroke. He needs a high profile kill and Hawkman can always be reborn later anyway...

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@sp4rt4n: What he needs is better writers who get his origin and relationship with Hawkgirl.

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By wbr17

How many times are they going to make Thanagar and Rann make war with each other?

ThunderCats and He-man is a great idea but this art...

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm calling it right now, Hawkman will sharing the same predicament as Tim Drake.

Lemuel15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hushofthewind:Either that...or he'll probably get reincarnated as Carter Hall or something.

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nooo Hawkman! He'll get reborn soon enough though, and I kind of hope they drop the whole Thanagar thing or at least focus more on the ancient Egyptian reincarnation stuff. That's what makes him unique and interesting IMO

Billy_Cobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sp4rt4n said:

If they wanted to kill Hawkman they should've let it happen in Deathstroke. He needs a high profile kill and Hawkman can always be reborn later anyway...

This version of Hawkman actually can't reincarnate (as far as we know) He's an exiled Thanagarian prince, not a reincarnated Egyptian prince or a Thanagarian police officer.

Billy_Cobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wbr17 said:

How many times are they going to make Thanagar and Rann make war with each other?

I think the idea is that they're pretty much always at war and always will be, but I agree that it's been pretty overplayed at this point.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mark_Stephen

How many times have Rann and Thanagar been at war? I agree it seems to be the default condition for them. Most not be too good at it one or the other side should have won by now.

Orlandozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawkman cant die cause metal nith

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

How did I not hear about this He-Man/Thunder Cats cross over sooner?

Goellterator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A little bit offtopic, but how strong is Hawkman?

kalorama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wbr17 said:

Not that many, so far. This is probably only about the 4th major storyline built directly around a Rann-Thanagar conflict in the almost 60 years since the planet Thanagar was introduced (along with the Silver age Hawkman), a few years after the introduction of Rann and Adam Strange. And I believe it's the first time it's been the real focus of a storyline since the 52 reboot, 5+ years ago.

kalorama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foxerdes said:

Is Hawkman going to die?

I doubt it. If he was, it seems unlikely that they'd broadcast it in the book's title. He'll probably appear to die, but end up alive and well by the end of the series.

apg103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just hope his origin is better than being killed over 200 time

apg103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Hawkman/He-Man/Thundercats crossover

spoiler:

Skeletor kills Hawkman

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalorama: @billy_cobb: @wbr17: You could say the same thing about the Arab and Israeli conflicts, it will probably never end and there will never be a winner.

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightfang3: That's why I like that it's Hawkman and Adam Strange teaming up to end this conflict.

Astronomy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Astronomy206

Hope Hackman book is good and we finally push him in the right direction. Same with Adam strange.

SP4RT4N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And since when did Thanagarians all dress like Batman Beyond's Warhawk?!? Didn't they have another unique look when they came to Earth during the New52?

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait! Are they really renaming this series three issues in?!! Last I checked, it was called "Hawkman and Adam Strange: Out of Time."

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he dies, not a big loss.... i don't believe he has a huge following nor has DC been utilizing him enough lately.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sp4rt4n said:

To be fair, he killed Green Arrow not long ago. Who was healed, but still.

Oddly enough, Ollie died in the very next arc...sort of.

@wbr17 said:

I think the idea is that they're pretty much always at war and always will be, but I agree that it's been pretty overplayed at this point.

To be fair, how often do we ever hear about Thanagar and Rann? Hawkman and Adam appear so infrequently, it's probably the only time they're (Rann and Thanagar) doing anything on a whole.

@sp4rt4n said:

And since when did Thanagarians all dress like Batman Beyond's Warhawk?!? Didn't they have another unique look when they came to Earth during the New52?

To be fair, Warhawk is part Thanagarian anyway. He probably just took the armor of a soldier, which fits his name, attitude, and even his heritage being his father and mother were soldiers.