• 95 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Since Secret Warsended, we've wondered what happened to the adult Cyclops. The only information mentioned was his disappearance had something to do with an encounter with the Inhumans over the Terrigen Mist creating the M-pox and killing mutants. There's been some teasers for Death of X and it looks like we'll be getting some answers soon.

No Caption Provided

The X-Men and the Inhumans are on a collision course. Cyclops is missing and presumed dead. But the question on everyone’s lips is “why”? That question and more will be answered in DEATH OF X #1 – a new 4-issue series launching this fall! Superstar creators Jeff Lemire (Extraordinary X-Men) and Charles Soule (Uncanny Inhumans) are joined by fan-favorite artist Aaron Kuder (Action Comics) for an incendiary tale that will change the course of Mutantkind and Inhumanity alike!

As the Terrigen Mists roll across the Earth, it’s transformative properties are birthing new Inhumans across the Marvel Universe. But while the mists bring life to the Inhumans, they spell only doom for the X-Men, leaving dead or sickly mutants in their wake. As the Inhumans travel to Japan where the Terrigen Cloud has created a shocking new Inhuman, the X-Men travel to Muir Island where the cloud has caused something truly terrible. For the sake of his people, Cyclops must take action or face extinction. But how?

“Right now things are not good for mutantkind,” says Jeff Lemire, speaking with Entertainment Weekly. “On the flipside, Inhumans have been growing and becoming more prominent in the Marvel Universe. There is a lot of tension between these characters about that…’

“For both sides of this, it doesn’t affect just a small group of them,” continues Charles Soule. “It’s not just their livelihood and way of life but their very lives at stake, so they’re going to react the way you think they would.”

The burning questions will be answered here as the Inhumans and the X-Men’s untold past comes to light. But with the fuse lit, how long until this powder keg explodes? Find out this October as Soule, Lemire and Kuder bring you DEATH OF X #1!

DEATH OF X #1

Written by JEFF LEMIRE & CHARLES SOULE

Art & Cover by AARON KUDER

On Sale in October!

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

They should just team up and exterminate humans.

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

What really sucks is already knowing Cyclops loses. I wonder how many, if any, mutants joined him?

Joey Ravn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Jeff Lemire, Charles Soule and Aaron Kuder is an amazing creative team. Unfortunately, I just can't give a crap about anything X-Men.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to be excited but I've been burned too many times by Marvel.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd read that.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(Sigh) Here we go........everybody strap in. This is going to be a emotional roller coaster ride.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

“Right now things are not good for mutantkind,” says Jeff Lemire

When have things ever been good for mutant kind?

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

May as well have called this Death of Cyclops. I have no desire in seeing that so pass.

jim158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why should I read this if we already know Cyclops dies?

emers109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

In other news...

Ducey13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This should be good. Looking forward to getting some answers from the 8 month gap. I'm excited for this book.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 the_stegman  Moderator
emers109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ducey13 said:

This should be good. Looking forward to getting some answers from the 8 month gap. I'm excited for this book.

If for no other reason than that, otherwise you might start to think that marvel forgot all about old Scott.

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emers109 said:
No Caption Provided

In other news...

Finally a Thor book WORHTY of reading...

--------------

I am worried how bad they are gonna write Cyclops to make him the villain. I always liked Mutants more since they actually wanna be recognized as humans while Inhumans are all about '' We are sovereign'' etc. Not to mention their origin is worse that they got their stuff from Kree experiment DNA and they active with a gas... while Mutant genes feel more 'natural' to the point it is the next step for humans.

If I had to pick between alien altered DNA vs natural X-gene ? I would go with X-gene.

Also, when did things ever went right for X-men in long memory ? All this time, they are either getting extinct or ARE extinct in the Future. Then a lot of time-travel happens, still no change on that status. Hell it gets worse that you now have a mist that is killing you and make you sterile ? ... If I didn't know any better, I would think Marvel has a sadistic enjoyment of torturing mutants while Inhumans live as LITERAL royalty and a sovereign nation ( despite the fact they are just humans who are ''gassed'' up awaken their alien altered stuff ) while mutants has to hide in HELL !

Something is seriously wrong with this..

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What really sucks is already knowing Cyclops loses. I wonder how many, if any, mutants joined him?

Sunfire was on his side. For example.

Essenemg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't miss Cyclop...i was already so happy when Doom snapped his neck in Secret Wars :P

That Thor pic though... :D

Saint_Talker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm eXcited for this based on the creative team. I love the X-men. And it's about time we get some answers during that 8 month gap since we're about 10 months in post Secret Wars.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

Calling it: the Inhumans will win.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Invain

@xwraith said:

Calling it: the Inhumans will win.

No Caption Provided

jeanvaljean11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OMG what took you so long? I know that Cyclops gonna lose and they will make him this BIG villain of the story but still... it's my favorite hero so I'd love to see anything with him. I bored lately :/

Btw. I hope it'll turns out that he's not so dead after all and he hide somewhere for this 8 months...and please Emma Frost be with him, I miss her too.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully it's the death of that hideous mask.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By Nathaniel_Adam

Just because it stands there the word "death" doesn't exactly mean Cyclops or someone else is going to die, I think it depends on your interpretation of the title, mine is definitely not about death of Cyke. I like it because two great writers work on it.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#28  Edited By 2cool4fun

@theexile285 said:

May as well have called this Death of Cyclops. I have no desire in seeing that so pass.

May as well have called it "Totally not Civil War, but only with Mutants & Inhumans" or "totally not like the 4th event with heroes fighting each other, in only 2 years time"

Honestly I hate this idea, I hate what the Iconic X-men characters have become, and their books ( not that any other iconic marvel character is doing any better ), and I never liked the concept of Inhumans, or their sudden popularity.

But call me a tool, I just can't pass out on a dream team like this, loved everything Soule & Lemire did in DC, every single thing, to the point where they became my favourite modern writers, and Aaron Kuder's art just warms my heart...at least it's only 4 issues I guess.

emers109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emers109:THE REAL THOR IS GETTING A BOOK? WHAAAAAT??? Also it seems like everyone was right, when they called him wealkding ultimate thor's hammer, which I have 0 issues with, tho what worries me about that is, that means Jane Frost will stay the main thor for probably, forever, with everyone's favourite Thor being put in her shadow by Marvel.

@the_stegman: agreed...f@ck that title man >_>

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

trash

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Love Lemire, love Soule, but Kuder...

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MasterOfEvil

@2cool4fun: As long as King Thor is a thing, we know she ain't keeping the hammer forever. He confirms it when he fights future Galactus that one time.

Goellterator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just one question: Does anyone here prefer inhumans to mutants?

warrior100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Great creative team, but too little, too late.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterofevil: But there are 2 hammers now, someone has to use them.

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ILostTheKey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emers109 said:
No Caption Provided

In other news...

Do you know who's writing it?

ILostTheKey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ILostTheKey
jim158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AlineWonka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goellterator: Not that I know. Not bad characters and an interesting concept, but since Marvel started using them as a tool to screw-up the Mutants I kinda develop an antipathy.

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so real Cyclops is gonna be back? and why does marvel keep screwing over the mutants.......

Scantenii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really miss Cyclops. I hope this mini ends with some hope that the Good-Guy Cyclops is coming back at some point. I am really ready for those kids to go back to the past or another dimension or something. They need to work on Cyclops costume though. I am not really feeling the all red with the x.

yankeefan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is Kuder wasting his time on this trash, don't get sucked into Lemire's X-Men and Charles "I sold my" Soule to marvel Inhuman crap.

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would rather see this. Poor Scott.

Avatar image for justiceleaguer99
JusticeLeaguer99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

@goellterator: I do, the Royal family of Black Bolt, Medusa, Maximus, Crystal, etc. are some of my all time favorite characters and have some of my favorite stories. That being said the things in this event, that are currently running around in Uncanny and All New, and are referred to as "Nuhumans" are not the Inhumans. Instead they were amazing and unique characters that have basically been relegated to discount X-men which really pisses me off. Such a shame because the Inhumans could have been an extremely awesome and popular franchise completely different than anything else if Marvel had written and marketed them the right way instead of destroying both the X-men and Inhumans in the process.

torzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is happening because Disney is attempting to force Fox to give up the rights of the X-men. Trying to eliminate all mutants from the comics in order to lower the chances of future film sales. Inhuman's are far more powerful, but not as iconic or interesting as the X-men.

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're gonna end up writing Cyclops as an apathetic villain out of nowhere again and then everyone is gonna end up hating him again. Don't know if I want to read that. Honestly I'm tired of so many Marvel heroes having no issue with the Inhumans or how they run things. Yeah let's just let this death cloud roam the earth and wipe out a species, many of which are supposed to be allies. Doesn't make sense to me.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers