DEADPOOL AND THE MERCS FOR MONEY Limited Series Announced

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

There's more Deadpool action headed your way next February. Word is February will be a big month for Wade. Marvel just announced a brand new limited series.

No Caption Provided

This February get ready for Deadpool, Deadpool and more Deadpool. That’s right – he may be an Avenger now, but he’s also got his own private team of mercenaries. And they’re all coming at you in DEADPOOL AND THE MERCS FOR MONEY #1 – a brand new limited series from fan-favorite Deadpool creators Cullen Bunn and Salva Espin!

“With Mercs for Money, chaos and mayhem take center stage,” say series writer Cullen Bunn in an interview with Marvel.com. “This is an action/adventure story that gets more and more wild with every issue.”

Even Deadpool can’t be everywhere at once, so if you’ve got a problem and a pile of money you’d like to be rid of – the legally-cleared-to-be-called Mercs for Money can help! You know Deadpool, but now it’s time to get acquainted with Stingray, Massacre, Solo, Foolkiller, Terror and Slapstick! Point them at the problem and watch as it’s shot, stabbed, pulverized and generally made bloody!

But when the Mercs are hired to retrieve a strange artifact from the Beyond Corporation – they’ll soon find themselves in over their heads and up to their eyeballs in all manner of deadly assassins! Don’t miss the kickoff to the pandemonium this February in DEADPOOL AND THE MERCS FOR MONEY #1!

DEADPOOL AND THE MERCS FOR MONEY #1

Written by CULLEN BUNN

Art by SALVA ESPIN

Cover by DECLAN SHALVEY

Action Figure Variant by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER

Design Variant by MIKE HAWTHORNE

Variant Cover by RON LIM

On Sale in February!

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

Its the year of the Deadpool! Lets milk a fox movie for all it is worth... You know there was a time I would have bought everything with Deadpool, now its so much I can't afford that.

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Slapstick!

And Stingray!

Who woulda thunk it?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#3  Edited By gmanfromheck

@stahlflamme: But if it's Fox, I thought the logic around here, from others, was Marvel should be ignoring or canceling anything Deadpool.

IkarosZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By IkarosZ

Am I the only one who finds Stingray being there extremely odd ? I mean , he was a d-list Avenger for a minute in the 90s, but he has never been portrayed as a merc. And now he hooks up with Deadpool and a bunch of mentally unstable killers. I am not complaining or anything , but as I said it is very, very weird.

MK5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

That explains Massacre, the Deadpool of Mexico for Deadpool Tres Punto Uno. I didn't know if it actually was Deadpool or an alternate reality.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ScouterV

@g_man said:

@stahlflamme: But if it's Fox, I thought the logic around here, from others, was Marvel should be ignoring or canceling anything Deadpool.

Even Marvel knows they can't shaft Deadpool, so they may as well double down. Deadpool's popularity dwarfs that of the Fantastic Four and they've done nothing to make people care about the X-Men as a team. Especially when they have the Inhumans and can apparently juggle the idea that Mutants and Inhumans are the same.

They can't really do that with Deadpool, because he's too popular. It's why Spider-Man wasn't getting shafted, though Sony still has the movie rights.

Dedpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm all for this. Especially because Solo, Foolkiller, Terror and Slapstick are in it. They should've put Paladin in it

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 8

God yes!!!!

(Saves up cash)

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@g_man said:

OH SNAP

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"...we can never get too much Deadpool."

*sigh*

KingWillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Mercs for Money" is kinda redundant...

CenturianSpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CenturianSpy

@ikarosz said:

Am I the only one who finds Stingray being there extremely odd ? I mean , he was a d-list Avenger for a minute in the 90s, but he has never been portrayed as a merc. And now he hooks up with Deadpool and a bunch of mentally unstable killers. I am not complaining or anything , but as I said it is very, very weird.

Wasn't Stingray a merc with Silver Sable? He's also a merc in the new ANAD Deadpool book.

cmaprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would've been a good time for Agent X and Outlaw to be thrown back into the mix.

AnnabellRice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AnnabellRice

"Mercs for Money" is kinda redundant...

It's an inside joke 'cause Luke Cage had Matt Murdock sue Wade Wilson for unlawful use of the name "Heroes for Hire" in Deadpool Vol. 4 #1.