Captain America: Civil War - (Helicopter scene)

abraham700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

with the power of america and freedom you can do anything

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By comicace3

That is some next level strength right there . The fact that he was able to stop it from flying off just goes to how strong he really is.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I think one of the directors commented on it when someone brought it up from the trailer and basically called it the equivalent of a mother lifting a car of her child for super soldiers.

klbro123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its not as impressive as i thought it would be. He had his legs planted on the fence and bucky never really tried to really push the lever away from him.

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mekboy

@klbro123: Don't worry. He will impress you in the movie.

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lifting the motorcycle in Cap 1 was a way better strength feat

klbro123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By klbro123

@mekboy: i saw the movie and he didnt do anything that he hasnt done before.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This was such an awesome scene in the movie but he has some even better ones later on. God, this film was incredible.

klbro123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soldierofel: it really wasnt. It was a decent watch. And what better feats does he have later on?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@klbro123: Well for me it certainly was the greatest CBM I've seen but opinions. And the entire last fight with Iron Man was an awesome show of strength for Cap and durability.

klbro123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soldierofel: better than the dark knight?, i get the whole opinions thing but i cant see how thats possible.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@klbro123 said:

@soldierofel: better than the dark knight?, i get the whole opinions thing but i cant see how thats possible.

Who is even comparing it to the dark knight anyways?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@klbro123: Considering CW has the exact same critic score on RT and with some reviewers praising it as the best comic book film, I think it's earned. I never rated TDK that high because if you took The Joker out of it, it would be a semi alright film. I personally preferred Batman Begins over TDK and TDKR so, it's pretty easy for me to put CW as the best CBM I've ever seen. But the list may change, we've still got Suicide Squad and Doctor Strange yet.

klbro123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@klbro123 said:

@brucerogers: soldierofel said its his best cbm movie

While I obviously can't speak for soldierofel personally, a person's favorite movie depends on individual tastes and you can't simply assume everyone to unanimously declare The Dark knight as their favorite CBM movie ever just because it was a critical and commercial hit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a9166f233bc2
deactivated-5a9166f233bc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As impressive as this feat is. I have seen him do things that are far more impressive than this, such as : Deadlifting 50+ tons of metal while physically & mentally extremely exhausted and incredibly injured in TWS, or being able to effortlessly push a 60+ tons bulldozer across a football field, etc

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Firedude17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The power of Russo force.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bbee326da7b7
deactivated-5bbee326da7b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tsol: when did cap lift 50 tons??????

Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still think him hurling the motorbike and smashing the front of that jeep in the beginning of AOU was his best

Tayssti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@klbro123 said:

Its not as impressive as i thought it would be. He had his legs planted on the fence and bucky never really tried to really push the lever away from him.

I havent seen the movie yet but did watch the clip of this when it was uploaded. I pictured it being a lot more epic then it was shown. I agree that it didnt really seem like Bucky was pushing the lever very hard but at the same time you could hear alarms and sirens going off in the background of interior of the helicopter. It was for sure trying and struggling to leave. I think they could have done a better job showing it though.

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By VoloErgoMalus

I've done some calculations regarding this feat. Check out this link (Post #34):

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/so-mcu-caps-helicopter-feat-1749674/?page=1#js-message-15849637

I concluded that Cap could successfully pull five to eight-and-a-half tons through his arms and shoulders (anchoring himself with the one arm, as seen in the scene) based on this feat.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rogueshadow  Moderator

@lettsplay10 said:

Except an initial release in North America apparently.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

WOWZERS, CAP IS STRONG ENOUGH TO STOP A HELICOPTER FROM LIFTING OFF. FEATZZZZZ!!

-__-

Maybe I'm too old for these movies, but that scene was just stupid to me.

Void-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OMG I can't wait to see this movie!

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was an amazing scene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ajax1998: The scene where he tried to save Bucky by deadlifting a massive beam off him. Given the size of the main beam (roughly 8-9 meters long, close to a meter wide and half a metre thick, and assuming it is common carbon steel, the beam would weigh roughly 25-35 tons. This is in addition to the two smaller beams that are roughly two meter's long. Adding their additional weight (10-15 tons), Cap is attempting to move 35-50 tons of steel, in such a way that the weight is spread out and more difficult to move than if one was trying to press the structure. There were also lots of other kind of metal lying on top of the beam. And he did this while physically & mentally extremely exhausted ( from fighting with Bucky) and incredibly injured ( shot 4 times, stabbed, tanked multiple hits from Bucky's bionic arm to that face). So i think it is reasonable to belleve that cap was deadlifting 50+ tons of steel in that scene.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By deltahuman

Yeah even after Civil war, Cap's best strength feat is deadlifting that Metal Beam towards the end of the Winter Soldier movie. Based on calculations performed by some guy in another thread the beam would weight like 50 tons apparently. Yeah Cap didn't lift the whole beam up but we've to consider that he had multiple gunshot wounds to his legs and and abdomen also stab wounds in his shoulder and he must have lost considerable energy after fighting bucky another supersoldier and also hordes of other shield soldiers.

So this feat has to be Cap's most impressive feat so far even after Civil War. After that Cap took sustained multiple point black punches from Bucky's superhuman metal arm. Don't forget bucky overpowered iron man with his arm. So Cap able to take that beating suggests he's got high tier superhuman durability to blunt force trauma. In fact cap's durability is the most impressive among all his feats.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deltahuman: He did kinda lift the entire weight of the beam, just did't overhead it. For him to be able to lift that much amount of weight in such a ridiculously poor physical & mental condition, he would have to be like Class 25 in strength :p

abraham700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By abraham700

@deltahuman said:

Yeah even after Civil war, Cap's best strength feat is deadlifting that Metal Beam towards the end of the Winter Soldier movie. Based on calculations performed by some guy in another thread the beam would weight like 50 tons apparently. Yeah Cap didn't lift the whole beam up but we've to consider that he had multiple gunshot wounds to his legs and and abdomen also stab wounds in his shoulder and he must have lost considerable energy after fighting bucky another supersoldier and also hordes of other shield soldiers.

So this feat has to be Cap's most impressive feat so far even after Civil War. After that Cap took sustained multiple point black punches from Bucky's superhuman metal arm. Don't forget bucky overpowered iron man with his arm. So Cap able to take that beating suggests he's got high tier superhuman durability to blunt force trauma. In fact cap's durability is the most impressive among all his feats.

MCU Captain america is almost like Captain america in comics, the concept is identical.

In the comics Captain america is just someone very strong, slightly above the human peak, but he made superhuman feats when angry or determined, PIS ??? Maybe, I don't know.

In comic books, Captain America can break chains, knock steel doors etc, etc ... but he can do this just in situations of total stress, not in normal circumstances. Captain America has problems with common men: Daredevil, Irons Fist, Taskmaster, Crossbones, Batroc etc, etc...This guys have managed to defeat Steve or have a stalemate against him.

Captain America is not Sider-Man or Luke Cage, he does not make superhuman feats with ease, all the time, he is just someone very strong, but he can do feats in other level when he need to save someone.

Captain America is a mysterious character, just like Batman, this is part of the character.

Cap Factor vs Bat Factor ??? WOW! Great fight.

No Caption Provided

frostanon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Don't question 'Murica!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abraham700: Ultimate Cap has the same concept like 616 Cap, but he isn't him, is he ?

And this isn't Earth-616, if it was, Daredevil would be running around and defining logic by now. However, it is a fact that every single character in the MCU is a combination of their Ultimate and 616 counterpart, plus other made up materials by the directors ( MCU Bucky being a super-soldier while his 616 counterpart is not ). Examples of this are MCU Cap, he is both the peak of human potential and superhuman. He is the peak of human potential in term of personality and appearance like his 616 counterpart, but he is a superhuman in term if powers and abilities like his Ultimate counterpart. Proofs ? Here is what Marvel officially said about MCU Cap :

No Caption Provided

He is stated to be enhanced to the peak of human physical performance, but at the same time is stated to possess Super Human Strength & Reflexes. And this isn't a contradiction in their own information. Why ? I would explain below:

It basically means that he is the peak of human potential in term of personality ( bravery, confidence, etc ) and appearance ( perfectly tall, perfectly handsome, etc ) but is a superhuman in term of powers & abilities ( strength, speed, durability, agility, stamina, etc ). Why do i think so, you ask me ? It is because unlike the comic book world, the MCU is trying to make it as realistic as possible. Realism is what the MCU had been aiming at since day 1, they want to create a universe that is very sic-fi and at the same time very reliable to it's viewers. And what would be extremely unrealistic is saying someone like MCU Cap can go H2H with the like of Ultron but still consider him as a peak human. That would raise way too much questions, but at the same time, the MCU wants to make MCU Cap like his 616 counterpart as much as possible. And the best way to do it is to focus on MCU Cap's personality & appearance and make it as similar to 616 Cap as possible ( because this two sections are the things that made 616 Cap special, not the serum inside of him ), and than justify everything MCU Cap has done by stating that his powers & abilities are based on his Ultimate counterpart. This would create the perfect balance and wouldn't raise any question about what exactly is MCU Cap's powers & abilities.

Another proof is MCU Hawkeye, who has the same origin, life, and appearance of his Ultimate counterpart but possessed the powers and abilities of his 616 counterpart. I can dig up more proofs for you if you like.

I know what you are going to say next about MCU Cap : inconsistencies. But every single comic book character is like this, aren't they ? I mean i know you are a big Netflix fan, and you really like MCU Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, etc ( based on the posts i have read about them written by you ). But there is one thing that bother me about your posts is the fact that you choose to talk about MCU Cap and other MCU movies character's inconsistencies while ignoring the Netflix characters's inconsistencies ( Jessica Jones struggle with humans a lot, i can easily show you proofs if you ask me ). This really makes me wonder where is the inconsistencies in your own arguments ?

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he can curl a helicopter imagine what he can Squat.

abraham700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By abraham700

@tsol said:

@abraham700: Ultimate Cap has the same concept like 616 Cap, but he isn't him, is he ?

And this isn't Earth-616, if it was, Daredevil would be running around and defining logic by now. However, it is a fact that every single character in the MCU is a combination of their Ultimate and 616 counterpart, plus other made up materials by the directors ( MCU Bucky being a super-soldier while his 616 counterpart is not ). Examples of this are MCU Cap, he is both the peak of human potential and superhuman. He is the peak of human potential in term of personality and appearance like his 616 counterpart, but he is a superhuman in term if powers and abilities like his Ultimate counterpart. Proofs ? Here is what Marvel officially said about MCU Cap :

No Caption Provided

He is stated to be enhanced to the peak of human physical performance, but at the same time is stated to possess Super Human Strength & Reflexes. And this isn't a contradiction in their own information. Why ? I would explain below:

It basically means that he is the peak of human potential in term of personality ( bravery, confidence, etc ) and appearance ( perfectly tall, perfectly handsome, etc ) but is a superhuman in term of powers & abilities ( strength, speed, durability, agility, stamina, etc ). Why do i think so, you ask me ? It is because unlike the comic book world, the MCU is trying to make it as realistic as possible. Realism is what the MCU had been aiming at since day 1, they want to create a universe that is very sic-fi and at the same time very reliable to it's viewers. And what would be extremely unrealistic is saying someone like MCU Cap can go H2H with the like of Ultron but still consider him as a peak human. That would raise way too much questions, but at the same time, the MCU wants to make MCU Cap like his 616 counterpart as much as possible. And the best way to do it is to focus on MCU Cap's personality & appearance and make it as similar to 616 Cap as possible ( because this two sections are the things that made 616 Cap special, not the serum inside of him ), and than justify everything MCU Cap has done by stating that his powers & abilities are based on his Ultimate counterpart. This would create the perfect

balance and wouldn't raise any question about what exactly is MCU Cap's powers & abilities.

Another proof is MCU Hawkeye, who has the same origin, life, and appearance of his Ultimate counterpart but possessed the powers and abilities of his 616 counterpart. I can dig up more proofs for you if you like.

I know what you are going to say next about MCU Cap : inconsistencies. But every single comic book character is like this, aren't they ? I mean i know you are a big Netflix fan, and you really like MCU Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, etc ( based on the posts i have read about them written by you ). But there is one thing that bother me about your posts is the fact that you choose to talk about MCU Cap and other MCU movies character's inconsistencies while ignoring the Netflix characters's inconsistencies ( Jessica Jones struggle with humans a lot, i can easily show you proofs if you ask me ). This really makes me wonder where is the inconsistencies in your own arguments ?

I think that Marvel made a mistake to show very weak heavyweights, it put street levels as Captain America and Spider-man near them, very close.

If Captain America can hurt Iron-man, so I can not imagine what Spider-man can do against Tony Stark's armor.

If Spider-man can hold the mechanical arm of Winter Soldier ... Well, Iron-man should be able to rip it from Bucky's body.

1 - Captain America was hurt by Red Skull, Winter Soldier and Batroc. (the only explanation is that Ultron and Iron-man are two jobbers.)

2 - Winter Soldier felt a punch of Tony Stark ... yes, Tony Stark without armor, holding an empty gun.

MUC movies are Cartoons, not movies. Marvel movies are PG 13, are cartoon where everything is possible. Disney factor.

Loading Video...

Netflix and Agents of Shield have PIS and inconsistencies but the movies of MCU exceeds all limits.

Netflix and Agents of Shield make a perfect mix, they have the realism of Christopher Nolan but the characters are extremely skilled, unlike Batman.

Daredevil and Melinda May are much more qualified than Batman, but their movements are realistic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abraham700: I want to reply to you ... but i know that no matter how many times i try to explain it to you, your little mind still would't understand . So whatever man . We will just agree to disagree then.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By makhai

@voloergomalus said:

I've done some calculations regarding this feat. Check out this link (Post #34):

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/so-mcu-caps-helicopter-feat-1749674/?page=1#js-message-15849637

I concluded that Cap could successfully pull five to eight-and-a-half tons through his arms and shoulders (anchoring himself with the one arm, as seen in the scene) based on this feat.

You should update that post to reflect that Cap didn't pull it down, Bucky crashed it in an attempt to crush Cap when Cap showed that he was pulling the helicopter back to the pad, albeit slowly.

So he was pulling with greater force than the helicopter could produce.

abraham700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tsol said:

@abraham700: I want to reply to you ... but i know that no matter how many times i try to explain it to you, your little mind still would't understand . So whatever man . We will just agree to disagree then.

No Caption Provided

You did not explain anything. Captain America can not hurt Iron-man without the shield.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By slimj87d

@abraham700: in age of Ultron, Cap was punching and pulling apart Ultron bots, bots that swam through concrete. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Cap also tore Tony's mask off. I would say that cap does have the strength to hurt Tony if he did something like use his entire body strength to twist Tony's neck till it broke.

Can he do it with Tony fighting back? Probably not, as it took the combined efforts of WS and Cap to defeat Tony.

abraham700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By abraham700

@abraham700: in age of Ultron, Cap was punching and pulling apart Ultron bots, bots that swam through concrete. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Cap also tore Tony's mask off. I would say that cap does have the strength to hurt Tony if he did something like use his entire body strength to twist Tony's neck till it broke.

Can he do it with Tony fighting back? Probably not, as it took the combined efforts of WS and Cap to defeat Tony.

Ultrabots Can be mastered by Nick Fury and Tony Stark (without armor)

Captain America Could Not tear down the concrete walls or steel door of his cell in Captain America 2, he had to use the quinjet to cut the lock.

The MCU movies are inconsistent in everything, They are product of Disney, I'm not surprised.

NOTE: I'm a big fan of Netflix, I'm waiting for Defenders, but ... if Daredevil to hurt Luke Cage with punches, FINISHED. I will never watch anything of MCU after this. I will watch only movies from FOX or DC universe.

Netflix and Agents of Shield has not been contaminated by Disney.

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By VoloErgoMalus

@makhai: You're right about that scene, but I think I'll leave the post as is for the most part. That thread is from a different time...Maybe eventually I'll go over all the new footage and do an update/part two that would maybe give more precise numbers for Cap's strength in the scene, but not today.

By stopping the helicopter from taking off, Cap did not match the force of the helicopter because he had gravity on his side. The helicopter was generating over 10,000 pounds of lift, of which Cap only balanced roughly one half to three quarters (a little more since he managed to pull the helicopter back a bit, but not much, since it was very slow). The oblique angle doesn't really change the force applied on the helicopter, just the tension through his arms (which is greater at that angle than if he were pulling from right below). So Cap is at least a two-and-a-half ton lifter (anchored with one arm) and at least a five ton suspender (like a human chain link). I added a reference to tension to the original post to clarify.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By THORSON

THE REAL SUPERMAM

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy shit, it just hit me. CaptainAmerica mcu cap that is the same level as truth superman

DottiestMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tsol said:

No Caption Provided

You did not explain anything. Captain America can not hurt Iron-man without the shield.

That explosion looks too small to come from a tank. Curios on the model thought and realistically titanium gold isn't durable enough to tank a shot from a normal military tank. What also contradicts this is that all of iron man's suits in iron man 3 got destroyed from a single missile from a helicopter. It's safe to say that's a very weak tank especially since own by terrorist who only get their hand only the weak, outdated tech in real life. Even in the movie terrorist were using ak-47 which is the most generic gun.