• 82 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Avengers: Age of Ultron just opened in theaters but it's already time to start thinking about the next chapter (after Ant-Man) in the Cinematic Universe. As the first movie in the next phase of Marvel Studios films, the movie looks quite a bit like Avengers 3, or perhaps Avengers 2.5.

The movie will film in Atlanta, Georgia, which serves as the base for the film’s production, as well as locations in Germany, Puerto Rico and Iceland.

No Caption Provided

Here's the press release. Check out everyone involved.

Set for release in the United States on May 6, 2016, “Captain America: Civil War” is directed by Anthony and Joe Russo (Marvel’s “Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Community”) from a screenplay by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely (“Captain America: The Winter Solider,” Marvel’s “Captain America: The First Avenger”). The film returns Chris Evans (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” Marvel’s “Avengers: Age of Ultron”) as the iconic Super Hero character Steve Rogers/Captain America along with Robert Downey Jr. (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” Marvel’s “Iron Man 3”) as Tony Stark/Iron Man, Scarlett Johansson (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Captain America: The Winter Soldier”) as Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow, Sebastian Stan (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Captain America: The First Avenger”) as Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier, Anthony Mackie (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Captain America: The Winter Soldier”) as Sam Wilson/Falcon, Paul Bettany (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Iron Man 3”) as The Vision, Jeremy Renner (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” Marvel’s “The Avengers”) as Clint Barton/Hawkeye, Don Cheadle (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Iron Man 3”) as Jim Rhodes/War Machine and Elizabeth Olsen (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Godzilla”) as Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch.

After his debut in Marvel’s “Ant-Man” on July 17, 2015, Paul Rudd (“Ant-Man,” ”Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues”) will make his first appearance alongside the Avengers as Scott Lang/Ant-Man in “Captain America: Civil War.”

The film also includes outstanding additional cast, including Chadwick Boseman (“42,” “Get on Up”) as T’Challa/Black Panther, Emily VanCamp (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Revenge”) as Sharon Carter/Agent 13, Daniel Brühl (“Inglourious Basterds,” “Bourne Ultimatum”), Frank Grillo (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Warrior”) as Brock Rumlow/Crossbones, William Hurt (“A History of Violence,” Marvel’s “The Incredible Hulk”) as General Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross and Martin Freeman (“The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey,” “The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies”).

“Captain America: Civil War” picks up where “Avengers: Age of Ultron” left off, as Steve Rogers leads the new team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. After another international incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability and a governing body to determine when to enlist the services of the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers while they try to protect the world from a new and nefarious villain.

Marvel’s “Captain America: Civil War” is produced by Marvel Studios’ president, Kevin Feige, with Louis D’Esposito, Alan Fine, Victoria Alonso, Patricia Whitcher, Nate Moore and Stan Lee serving as executive producers.

Directors Joe and Anthony Russo’s creative team also includes director of photography Trent Opaloch (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Elysium”), production designer Owen Paterson (“Godzilla,” “Matrix”), and three time Oscar®-nominated costume designer Judianna Makovsky (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone”).

Based on the Marvel comic character first published in 1941, “Captain America: Civil War ”continues the lineage of epic big-screen adventures chronicled in “Iron Man,” “The Incredible Hulk,” “Iron Man 2,” “Thor,” “Captain America: The First Avenger,” “The Avengers,” “Iron Man 3,” “Thor: The Dark World,” “Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Guardians of the Galaxy,” “Avengers: Age of Ultron” and the upcoming release schedule, which includes Marvel’s “Ant-Man” on July 17, 2015, Marvel’s “Doctor Strange,” on November 4, 2016, Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy 2,” on May 5, 2017, and Marvel’s “Thor: Ragnarok,” on November 3, 2017.

Marvel Studios most recently continued its unprecedented success with the release of “Avengers: Age of Ultron” on May 1, 2015. The film recorded the second biggest opening weekend of all time with a $191.3 million box office. It has also been the #1 release in every country where it has been released.

What do you think of all the characters in the cast? Thoughts on where the story will go? Which characters will be on what side?

Not sure who all these characters are? Look them up in our wiki!

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Holy damn. Ant-Man and Thunderbolt Ross added? Wow.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By meatwadf

@g_man: Yeah, this feels like it just turned Infinity War into Avengers 4, and not 3.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ant-Man is going to be in this???

Damn... And that's a lot of people... Makes sense I guess since it is Civil War...

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, is this the first time they're confirming Agent 13 is Sharon CARTER? I don't recall if they mentioned her true last name in the credits or not. Will it come out that she's related to Peggy?

Conniption_Fit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This morning I posted this

http://conniptionfitposts.tumblr.com/post/118359880002/captain-america-civil-war-theory

So I think based on that description I was not too far off. I think I might have had something a little backwards though. I bet once the oversight is put in they want to intervene in something and are told they can't due to politics. Cap and a few who follow him go anyway. They are branded outlaws for doing so.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

Ross huh? That may look like a hopeful indication that Hulk may pop up.

Conniption_Fit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With Ross back in play I wonder if he insists on the Avengers trying to go after Bruce and they want to leave him alone? Please no Rulk, I hate it.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

looks like everyone is showing up to the party except Thor and Hulk. You think we will ever get a Red Hulk on screen?

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man said:

Also, is this the first time they're confirming Agent 13 is Sharon CARTER? I don't recall if they mentioned her true last name in the credits or not. Will it come out that she's related to Peggy?

According to IMDB, she was only credited as Agent 13/Kate, so this is new. :)

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With Ross back in play I wonder if he insists on the Avengers trying to go after Bruce and they want to leave him alone? Please no Rulk, I hate it.

Am I the only one that ever wanted to see a buddy comedy comic staring Ross and Jameson? Two old dudes, driving cross country, trying to take down those menaces called the Hulk and Spider-Man?

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Cap going to beat Iron Man's ass.

Diannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

looks like everyone is showing up to the party except Thor and Hulk.

I was thinking the same thing. May as well call it Avengers 3.

ScrappyDont27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

After Winter Soldier I was really hoping for a movie w/ just Cap and the Falcon teaming up to find Bucky. I am a little worried that this movie is just packed too full but I trust the Russo brothers can pull it off some how.

Conniption_Fit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diannah: No because then SAG rules would make it so RDJ got a % premium on Avengers Infinity War on top of his agreed upon salary same with anyone who has been in two Avengers movies so it has to be Cap 3

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scrappydont27: It's gonna be interesting. This should have a pretty different feel from Winter Soldier.

Conniption_Fit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatwadf: Your ideas intrigue me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome sauce! Gimme a mid/end credit scene of Ross becoming red hulk so we can have two hulks in infinity war pt2!

Diannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Diannah

@diannah: No because then SAG rules would make it so RDJ got a % premium on Avengers Infinity War on top of his agreed upon salary same with anyone who has been in two Avengers movies so it has to be Cap 3

They could call it "Star Wars" and I'd be ok with it. :-)

apokos7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm absolutely thrilled over this! I can't wait to see the new members of the Avengers line-up in action! If only they included Hulk and possibly Spider-Man in this movie as well.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am pleased we're gonna see more of Scarlet Witch and Vision in Civil War.

Anyone wonder if Marvel will release Team Iron man, Team Captain America shirts? I know they would probably be called the actual 2 sides real names. But yh think that will happen?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kidchipotle

I'm so excited for this, great scott.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is going to be so overcrowded. They can't do all these characters justice in a 2 hour movie mostly focused on Cap and Iron Man. Looks like a mess.

It will be cool to see Bucky and General Ross again though

And no Hulk or Thor :(

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounding good.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn. We get the new Avengers team in addition to Cap's awesome supporting cast, Iron Man, and a number of other Marvel heroes? Consider me hyped.

There's a part of me that's worried that the cast might sink under its own weight, but I had similar reservations about Winter Soldier and the Russos proved me wrong. So here's me being a hopeful Cap fan.

ScrappyDont27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: Yeah it's definitely going to be different, I am just hoping that it's as good as Winter Soldier and staying optimistic about it

Avatar image for antihero_jaymok
Antihero_Jaymok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GO Team Cap!

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this looks amazing 2016 needs to get here

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diannah: I am going to call it Avengers 2.5

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#30  Edited By KritikalMassX

I'm amped to know that Black Panther is in this movie, so that's also good news!

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scrappydont27: Well they said that this movie still focuses on Steve the most regardless of the cast.

CurlyInsaneGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whew, that is a lot of characters. Can't wait to see how the two sides develop, and who ends up on which team.

Flicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really exited for this but I am worried if the cast is too extensive. AoU really struggled with this in my view.

Makentsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Panther,General Ross,Crossbones and Martin Freeman ,I can't wait wait for 2016!

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Go team Iron Man!

Avatar image for supremehyperion
SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

Oh my god, could we be getting a Thunderbolts team? maybe some Red Hulk? PLEASE......PLEASE......PLEASE......and again....PLEASE.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37  Edited By FoxxFireArt

It's a little concerning that they're going into production with still no word on the casting of a new Spider-man. People were certain that Spidey would have a big role to play for this film. I always felt they were a bit delusional to think this was going to be a one-to-one interpretation of the comic version. This is CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR and not an AVENGERS movie. Although, I certainly thought the new Spider-man would debut in this movie.

I will admit that this cast is larger than I thought it would end up being.

I wonder who Martin Freeman will be playing? Such a big deal was made about his casting.

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm cautiously optimistic

ScrappyDont27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tony_shark: that's good, thinking most of these will be very small cameos with not a lot of screen time

TheHeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Cap going to beat Iron Man's ass.

That won't happen. If both Thor and Hulk couldn't defeat Iron Man, Cap has zero chance.

TheHeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Where the heck is Spider-Man?

PolvoAranha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is essentially a New Avengers's movie.
Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is essentially a New Avengers's movie.

Very much so.

They really should'a called it Avengers: Civil War.

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty excited for this, I wonder how they'll handle the large cast. I can't imagine they'll all play major roles, since it's a Captain America movie, not an Avengers movie. But I guess titles start to matter less and less when you have a shared universe like this one.

Excited all the same. Seeing Vision, Wanda, Ross, and Ant-Man in there makes me happy.

Basically the Avengers, minus Hulk who is back on the lamb and Thor is is likely going to be dealing with his own nonsense around this time (Ragnarok), also petty squabbles of Midgard don't concern him.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please please please keep all these non-Captain America title characters just as Cameos... That's way too many people to tell a good compelling story. This is a Captain America movie after all.

I hope Cap's Avengers are only used to help Cap defend himself after being chased by the Government Avengers in the middle of the movie. And then used again at the final battle.

No need to waste time trying to develop these characters when they should really focus on developing the Cap centric characters. Falcon, Agent 13, Winter Soldier, Zemo, Crossbones and whoever Martin Freeman is playing. It's already guaranteed RDJ's Ironman will steal a good chunk of screen time.

As a huge Cap fan, I'm honestly a little bit worried about this movie... But I trust the Russo Brothers, I have ever since they were announced to direct TWS.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think with Thunderbolt added this movie will tie a lot of loose ends. Don't forget, Tony didn't recruit the Hulk, he was recruiting Thunderbolt. So Tony will go back to aiding him and the government, and adding recruiting some heroes to help. But the New Avengers feel if you are going to be a hero You must go through their process.

Should be interesting to see who chooses which side.

Just as long as Ant-Man joins Iron mans team. Seeing those two exchange quips will be awesome.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Mutant God

I guess Freeman could play an adult Spider-Man. Also having Ross (maybe Red Hulk) being apart of the Pro-Reg could make more sense for Pro-Reg to be "villians", oh maybe Ross will force Tony to build an army of Hulkbusters to enforce superhuman laws.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Probably the only Marvel movie I'll see up coming

Synack1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I think if everything goes right. This movie could be something speical. Bigger then any avengers movie. We'll see.