• 56 results
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Marvel already revealed that Steve Rogers would be returning as Captain America in the upcoming months, which coincides with the theatrical release of Captain America: Civil War, but this week's issue of Sam Wilson: Captain America reveals just how this all will play out as his youth is restored.

A couple years ago, Steve Rogers, the original Captain America, had the super soldier serum drained from his body by a villain named the Iron Nail. This left Steve Rogers as an old man, not as capable in battle as he once was.

No Caption Provided

Rogers has been spending most of his time working with the Avengers as their operation director. He occasionally goes out on missions, but there is not much he can actually do in battle. The once proud symbol for what a superhero can and should be is half the man he used to be.

In Sam Wilson: Captain America #7, Rogers finds himself face-to-face with Kubik, a sentient cosmic cube, capable of great power. During their conversation, Rogers finds himself in battle with the man that once killed him, Crossbones, and Rogers is getting the beating of a lifetime.

No Caption Provided

Rogers is beaten to unconsciousness. He remembers his past and finds himself in the cosmos, where Kubik greets him and offers to make Roger strong again. Because Kubik is a walking, talking Cosmic Cube, her powers are great and unimaginable, so something as small as giving Captain America his youth and powers back is not a problem. Rogers gets up and takes out Crossbones with a series of huge blows. Both Sam Wilson and Bucky Barnes greet Rogers and are surprised to see that he's young again.

No Caption Provided

It's a moment all comic fans knew was coming, especially with the new Captain America comic series coming out in time for the film. However, what does that mean for Sam Wilson, who has been wearing the red, white, and blue outfit for the past few months? Will he continue to be Captain America, much like Bucky Barnes did after Steve died, almost 10 years ago?

That wasn't even the craziest thing about this issue. It turns out Rogers' youth isn't the only thing that returned. A villainous ghost from his past is also back.

No Caption Provided

That's right. Red Skull has somehow returned from the dead, once again. It seems like Steve Rogers' upcoming comic series already has its big bad villain. Could it be that Kubik also had some part in bringing back Red Skull as well? We'll have to wait and see.

ravishing_rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

might as well read it

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Red Skull is back? Big deal.

NickInACage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

But wasn´t Red Skull in Uncanny Avengers? Did they just not care, or is it a different one?

elam1999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like people share the same sentiment about the red skull coming back is less of a "*GASP how I teresting!!" and more of a "uuuuuggggffhh, f__king hell, not agaaaiiin..."

Don_Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickinacage: Honestly, Standoff has been quite confusing, at least so far. And Red Skull has been back since the first volume of Uncanny Avengers back in 2012(something that was apparently missed by a comic book journalist working for a comic book site, where they cover pretty much everything from the big two and have quite possibly the best comic book related wiki on the net). After Axis he was taken as a prisoner by Doctor Doom and now he's free. He's been plotting in the shadows with his daughter in Uncanny Avengers. I don't think it would be a far reach that he got some intel on the Pleasant Hill breakout and Cap's involvement, since he still has Prof. X's telepathic powers.

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But wasn´t Red Skull in Uncanny Avengers? Did they just not care, or is it a different one?

Was thinking the same thing. Pretty sure the Red Skull was already back in Uncanny Avengers masquerading himself as Gambit

NickInACage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@don_jay: I completely forgot that Doom was holding him captive. Thanks for that

mikey776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap is back

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red Skull has somehow returned from the dead, once again.

He was not dead in the first place. Sadly.

UltimatePower6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Wow, they really can't let him go, huh?

On a fun note: if you read the article by looking at the pretty pictures it looks like Steve gets his looks back by Crossbones beating the "old" out of him.

MK5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

On a fun note: if you read the article by looking at the pretty pictures it looks like Steve gets his looks back by Crossbones beating the "old" out of him.

Hahahah

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

I also like how the first thing he does after becoming young again is go bowling. He really is a true American! ;p

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FINALLY!!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

WOW. THAT'S SO SHOCKING. WHO'D A THUNK IT?

Dalwih

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes!!! I am so happy I could cry! Welcome back Steve!

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the way they brought him back though, feels kinda forced......o well.

nirokogaseru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By nirokogaseru

@nickinacage: I don't really read marvel much, but in Invincible Iron Man Doc Doom is handsome and unmasked? I don't know if marvel is still doing their earth 616 earth 9^9^9 multiverse bullsh*t, but it's possible there just not in the same universe.

PrimeEarth2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d9000: He was already in the bowling alley when he was getting beaten by Crossbones, then his age was restored in there.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

@primeearth2016: Oh yeah, you're right. I thought it was carried over from that first panel, I'm the plane or whatever.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

WOW. THAT'S SO SHOCKING. WHO'D A THUNK IT?

I KNOW RIGHT??? I mean with something as unpredictable as this, there'd have to be a movie or something coming out to cross promote it!

Don_Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nirokogaseru: It's the same universe, the main one (used to be 616). Red Skull was taken by Doom before the Secret Wars. Now we're post secret wars and yes, for the time being, Doom's face is repaired and seemingly turned good and yes, he helps out Stark a few times in the first story arc.

Ducey13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THAT Red Skull is actually a Clone. It was made clear very early on in Remender's Uncanny Avengers run that the Red Skull that fused Charlies Xavier's brain to his own and stole his telepathic powers which lead to AXIS and The Red Onslaught was not the original Johann Schmidt/Red Skull. The original Johann Schmidt/Red Skull DIED in Captain America Reborn #6.

Ducey13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@don_jay said:

@nickinacage: Honestly, Standoff has been quite confusing, at least so far. And Red Skull has been back since the first volume of Uncanny Avengers back in 2012(something that was apparently missed by a comic book journalist working for a comic book site, where they cover pretty much everything from the big two and have quite possibly the best comic book related wiki on the net). After Axis he was taken as a prisoner by Doctor Doom and now he's free. He's been plotting in the shadows with his daughter in Uncanny Avengers. I don't think it would be a far reach that he got some intel on the Pleasant Hill breakout and Cap's involvement, since he still has Prof. X's telepathic powers.

The Red Skull that's been featured since Uncanny Avengers is actually a clone. The original died in Captain America Reborn. So the Comic Journalist DIDN't miss anything.

Omanlew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this means no more Sam Wilson, hip hip horray!

Nite_Nite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OH NO NOT RED SKULL!

-said no one with powers

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 137

@omanlew: Sam isn't going anywhere. His comic will he continuing right alongside Steves

Omanlew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: For now, lately Marvel likes secretly cancelling titles out of the blue.

Avatar image for victorcheenoanleu
victorcheenoanleu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think, no I actually know for a fact that all of you don't read, & if y'all do & don't know why or how Red Skull got here that means most of you are stupid. I can't be nice about this. We don't have an explanation for the why he's here but we do know that when Steve asked Maria Hill who the priest was she told him she didn't recall there being a priest which means the Red Skull got here on his own, the why wasn't explained because obviously the story isn't over.

Kurolegacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@victorcheenoanleu: On top of that, the solicits for the next Uncanny Avengers issue basically mentions about the continuation of the plot point of Professor X's brain. Putting two and two together, it should be obvious why Red Skull is here.

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elam1999 said:

I feel like people share the same sentiment about the red skull coming back is less of a "*GASP how I teresting!!" and more of a "uuuuuggggffhh, f__king hell, not agaaaiiin..."

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im glad to see steve is back !!!! While im no regular cap reader, he is just another one of these iconic characters that should NOT have been changed and replaced....

Avatar image for 51stpresidentofplanetneutral
51stPresidentofPlanetNeutral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

Okay, so there's two things that should be addressed:

First off, Red Skull wasn't dead. At the end of AXIS, he just went into hiding. Not to mention the fact that it's been established that he's cloned himself before, so it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for him to have another clone of himself walking around.

Secondly, yes, he was present in Uncanny Avengers. First, by masquerading as Gambit and fooling Rogue, then again inside the old Avengers Mansion, duping Quicksilver, but it's hinted at that Deadpool knew he was there.

Also, we all knew it would happen soon, but there weren't many ways they could do it that would make sense. Now, the sentient cosmic cube that is, quote, "So broken that it manifested itself as a little girl", making him young again so it wouldn't have to watch him die? That makes sense. It's just a teensy bit lazy, but it makes sense.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@ducey13 said:
@nickinacage said:

THAT Red Skull is actually a Clone. It was made clear very early on in Remender's Uncanny Avengers run that the Red Skull that fused Charlies Xavier's brain to his own and stole his telepathic powers which lead to AXIS and The Red Onslaught was not the original Johann Schmidt/Red Skull. The original Johann Schmidt/Red Skull DIED in Captain America Reborn #6.

Wait, when was it stated he was a clone ?? He seemed to believe he was the real one, I stopped reading Remender´s Uncanny Avengers after issue #14 so I don´t know what happened with Red Skull, would you mind explaining ??

Cagnazzo82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im glad to see steve is back !!!! While im no regular cap reader, he is just another one of these iconic characters that should NOT have been changed and replaced....

Agreed.

Now we need the real Thor back.

And if I may be greedy if they could bring back Cyclops, Jean Grey, and Professor X to the Westchester mansion that would be nice.

But mostly aside from re-uniting X-men I just want Cap and Thor and the real Avengers back.

DrThanos91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#35  Edited By DrThanos91

Now the whiny "I tiny of Marvel forcing diversity and "turning" our iconic characters to be PC" fanboys can shut up alittle more now lol....That being said,we all knew Steve would be back,this has happened before.so far Pleasant hill has been decent surprisingly

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thor next please then Iceman porks a girl and ill start reading Marvel again

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#37  Edited By dernman

@thor_parker82 said:
@ducey13 said:
@nickinacage said:

Wait, when was it stated he was a clone ?? He seemed to believe he was the real one, I stopped reading Remender´s Uncanny Avengers after issue #14 so I don´t know what happened with Red Skull, would you mind explaining ??

The Red Skull that had Xavier's brain was a RS clone body and a copy of an earlier version of the Red Skull's mind from before modern times.

Ducey13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ducey13 said:
@nickinacage said:

I don't remember the exact issue when it was explained that he was a Clone but it should have been in the first 14 issues. Here's a link that explains a lot... http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Johann_Shmidt_(Clone)_(Earth-616)

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cagnazzo82: i agree, the only thing is when you mention sam Wilson, she thor, asian hulk and say you want the originals back, people on here start screaming the race or sex card on you...

Man0ftomorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Man0ftomorrow

..old, cranky Cap wasn't working time to give him back his powers..what was the point of the change anyway?

Cagnazzo82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cagnazzo82: i agree, the only thing is when you mention sam Wilson, she thor, asian hulk and say you want the originals back, people on here start screaming the race or sex card on you...

There was a time when Marvel excelled at creating new characters, rather than getting other characters to essentially cosplay as existing ones and pretending you're still dealing with the same character.

Too bad most of those actually creative artists and authors have either aged or passed away.

Their influence is sorely needed at this stage.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cagnazzo82: it's obvisously easier for their writers and artists to just go the easy way and use already existant characters and just throw the iconic characters costume and on one of the supporting cast members...

Cagnazzo82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cagnazzo82: it's obvisously easier for their writers and artists to just go the easy way and use already existant characters and just throw the iconic characters costume and on one of the supporting cast members...

Seems like lazy writing moreso than easy writing. But that's just my humble opinion :S

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donmeca2020 said:

Seems like lazy writing moreso than easy writing. But that's just my humble opinion :S

A bit of both I think.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ducey13 said:
@nickinacage said:

Skull has clones, Doom has Doom-bots. Lot easier than coming up with new villains.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donmeca2020 said:

once again i agree !!! the problem is once again that they don't want to come up with new characters.... If they don't want to do so, then they should start pulling some of the characters off their shelfs and reintroduce them into comics again. marvel has tons of characters that have a possibility to become popular nowdays. from black, to asian, to women etc.. they have it just don't want to do it. or maybe the wrong people are making all the decisions to do something smart maybe..

Ducey13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen: That's just a straight up HATER comment right there.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Mark_Stephen

@ducey13 said:

@mark_stephen: That's just a straight up HATER comment right there.

Perhaps, however my personal feelings don't invalidate the statement. It is far easier to simply retread or recast established characters, play at swapping names and powers around, far safer financially and displays in my opinion a lazy approach to the stories than it is to come up with solid, non-copied, non-spunoff new characters and see if they can stand or fall on their own. Comics are now at 3.99 and up yet the number of new characters seem to be slowing each year while the number of new characters with the same or knock-off names are increasing. If by concluding that and stating it I am called a 'hater' then ok, call me what you want. Shout it (as you did) and it will have absolutely no effect on me.