Unable To Edit Post

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm currently trying to update my thread in the Battle Forums, The Battle Callout Phonebook, but for some reason it refuses to be edited. The second post specifically is the one that isn't working.

It says it is modified once I click the button, but then displays an empty box, this:

No Caption Provided

If I refresh, it won't be updated and I'll loose my progress.

If you guys could tell me what's happening and how to fix it, I'd appreciate it a lot.

I'm using a Chromebook on the Google Chrome Browser.

FicOPedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 230

#2  Edited By FicOPedia

@joewell: I know this is three days later, but I have this problem if a) I've posted twice in a row with no posts after mine (it affects the edit for some reason- like it thinks you're trying to post a third time, and it won't allow it), or b) I've been in the window for awhile (if you're in a window more than a few minutes, it will time out sometimes and eat your work. Best to copy it before trying to paste. If CV eats your post, you can then refresh the page, paste the work back into a new box, and it should post.

Also, if I know I'm going to be typing for awhile (like writing a new story), I have old blog pages that I keep empty as "rough draft space." They can be edited and resaved periodically, and don't seem to be affected by the timeout. It doesn't have to be an old blog page- you can create a new one that's expressly for that purpose.

OR create a list to do the work in. Nice thing about lists is that you've got the blog space at the top of them, you can save it and walk away if you need to, and when you're done (and you've put the work where it actually needs to go) you can delete the list, and your profile space is still all neat and tidy. ...Unless you have lots of half-finished work like I do, in which case, get your act together! (j/k) ...Keep in mind with lists though that you can type more text into the list's blog space than you can into an actual blog window, so don't delete your list before you know you've successfully posted your blog, in case you need to split the info up.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#3 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@joewell: I know this is three days later, but I have this problem if a) I've posted twice in a row with no posts after mine (it affects the edit for some reason- like it thinks you're trying to post a third time, and it won't allow it), or b) I've been in the window for awhile (if you're in a window more than a few minutes, it will time out sometimes and eat your work. Best to copy it before trying to paste. If CV eats your post, you can then refresh the page, paste the work back into a new box, and it should post.

Also, if I know I'm going to be typing for awhile (like writing a new story), I have old blog pages that I keep empty as "rough draft space." They can be edited and resaved periodically, and don't seem to be affected by the timeout. It doesn't have to be an old blog page- you can create a new one that's expressly for that purpose.

OR create a list to do the work in. Nice thing about lists is that you've got the blog space at the top of them, you can save it and walk away if you need to, and when you're done (and you've put the work where it actually needs to go) you can delete the list, and your profile space is still all neat and tidy. ...Unless you have lots of half-finished work like I do, in which case, get your act together! (j/k) ...Keep in mind with lists though that you can type more text into the list's blog space than you can into an actual blog window, so don't delete your list before you know you've successfully posted your blog, in case you need to split the info up.

This is actually brilliant.

FicOPedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 230

@bumpyboo said:

This is actually brilliant.

Aw, thanks, Bumpy'. I've just done a lot of playing around with the blogs/lists/comment boxes. :)

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#5 BumpyBoo  Moderator