• 74 results
rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By rick

Hey. I'm sure you guys are going to have feedback on the Comic Vine / GameSpot merger etc. Please use this thread for that so we have all the feedback related to the merger in one place and nothing gets lost. I know for some of you this may "suck" but trust me we'll do all we can to un-suck it for you. Just let us know.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

We demand health benefits!

Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also IP Bans

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And make the mods talk like pirates on Fridays

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

but trust me we'll do all we can to un-suck it for you. Just let us know.

So what're you offering to suck for me?

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And taco Tuesdays

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mysticmedivh

@edgework: Can we suggest things that would improve CV in general, or are the suggestions/feedback strictly about the CV/Gamespot merger only.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: This is just for the merger related feedback. There's other feedback threads for general stuff

arkbound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By arkbound

Not going to lie, its a little annoying that the gamespot usernames were prioritized over our own. Kinda clear who bought whom.

EDIT: Thank you very much @edgework for resolving my issue. Glad to know CV is still on our side.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

Like what did the merger do?

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edgework: looks like ther merger isn't working

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/bug-reporting-2/my-accounts-wont-merge-1768333/#12

Avatar image for erinys_draconis
Erinys_Draconis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edgework: On a number of accounts, the merging just won't happen. It tells me my account is fine, I click "finish," and nothing happens. Not even an error message. Nordok is the account I tried it on most recently.

Any ideas?

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erinys_draconis: You probably have the same email address associated with multiple accounts. That's something that's not supposed to happen but its our fault that for it period of time we let it happen. You're definitely not the only one hit by this. We're working on it now.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jonez_

I've successfully merged my accounts and even got a free name change out of it. No complaints on my end ...(yet)

Erinys_Draconis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edgework: I don't. I made an email address specifically for that account. It's possible that the email account went inactive, as I seriously never logged into it after making my account; would that affect it?

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erinys_draconis: There's a couple other edge cases all related to people with multiple accounts. We're looking into it all. Sorry about this...

Erinys_Draconis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edgework: Long as it gets fixed. Appreciate you taking the time to respond.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#19 owie  Moderator

So what are the planned changes to the wiki that it mentioned when I just logged in?

FicOPedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 230

@edgework: On a number of accounts, the merging just won't happen. It tells me my account is fine, I click "finish," and nothing happens. Not even an error message. Nordok is the account I tried it on most recently.

Any ideas?

@edgework said:

@erinys_draconis: You probably have the same email address associated with multiple accounts. That's something that's not supposed to happen but its our fault that for it period of time we let it happen. You're definitely not the only one hit by this. We're working on it now.

I only had the "click finish, nothing happens" problem with my cbishop account (I've e-mailed about it), but my other 2 Comic Vine accounts are associated with different e-mails. However, they are all associated with the same IP, if that makes any difference, because I use one computer to access them all. I was able to migrate the other 2 though, so with no IT knowledge, I don't why the IP addy would be affecting the migration of cbishop to Game Spot.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ficopedia: Yeah we got your mail. Your's is an edge case we're investigating.

FicOPedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edgework: I figured- you guys always get to it in reasonable time, despite what impatient naysayers claim. Keep rockin'. ;)

FicOPedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edgework, @rorie: Just had this conversation in the My accounts won't merge thread on Bug Reporting. It sounds like a viable solution. Will it mess anything up to do it this way?

@the_stegman said:

It took awhile, and I had to make a GameSpot acc, but I finally merged.

@ficopedia said:
@the_stegman said:

It took awhile, and I had to make a GameSpot acc, but I finally merged.

Can you clarify that- what did you have to do? Make an account with the same name, or what?

@the_stegman said:

@ficopedia: basically, I created a GameSpot acc, different username, but used my Comicvine email, it offered to sync the two accounts. Then it asked which username I wanted to go by, I picked the Comicvine one, and it let me in.

I had to change my CV password to match the GameSpot one though.

FicOPedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Enderules3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FicOPedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enderules3: Me either. I'm not a mod or staff- just following the conversation. ;)

Avatar image for damian_carlisle
Damian_Carlisle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the RPG board we have multiple accounts, most of them made with painstaking detail to attention and some of the bios even could be the length of a short book. Many of us didn't use personal emails but ones we created just to make our character accounts which we use frequently when writing. We need a solution to the fact we don't have emails to the accounts to verify them.

Shadowchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edgework: I would like to withdraw my email complaint.

As I did what other users mentioned with creating a account on GameSpot with the same email and everything worked out.

jace_beleren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was made to change this account's name from Jace Beleren since the url for that was already taken on Gamespot, and I'm 100% certain I capitalized the first O in 'Orizon' when putting in the new name. Can I have this corrected? Is there someone I can talk to who can change this?

I'm using Firefox 42.0 on Windows 8.1, if that's of any importance at all.

(This is an alt, I'm usually Izaiah.)

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@orizon said:

I was made to change this account's name from Jace Beleren since the url for that was already taken on Gamespot, and I'm 100% certain I capitalized the first O in 'Orizon' when putting in the new name. Can I have this corrected? Is there someone I can talk to who can change this?

I'm using Firefox 42.0 on Windows 8.1, if that's of any importance at all.

(This is an alt, I'm usually Izaiah.)

I now see that Izaiah is also in all lower case, which it wasn't before. This is even more upsetting.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@izaiah: I'm a bit confused about what you're asking for. Send me a PM with the account name you want, the name of the account you want to keep (that was the wrong name) and I'll see if I can reconcile. (No promises).

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arkbound said:

Not going to lie, its a little annoying that the gamespot usernames were prioritized over our own. Kinda clear who bought whom.

EDIT: Thank you very much @edgework for resolving my issue. Glad to know CV is still on our side.

That change actually locked me out as my login credentials got changed without permission. I've posted a lengthy complaint about that in the other thread.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JamesSpiring: I'm not sure what you mean. No one's credentials were changed without having to run through the account migration pages.

Arcus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Arcus2

I usually used my gmail to log into my Arcus account, but now it says social logins have been disabled temporarily. Will that be changed?

Nordok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Nordok  Moderator

@edgework: Thank you for the fix; it's been a long day and coming home to find this resolved was quite uplifting. ^_^

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By rick
CadeV1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else having issues on IPhone with the site sending you to various different websites.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman1
AllStarHit-Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please give me my AllStarSuperman name.

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By JamesSpiring

@edgework said:

@JamesSpiring: I'm not sure what you mean. No one's credentials were changed without having to run through the account migration pages.

I used to login with the name Digifiend. During the migration I got no option to pick a name, and was told my account needed no changes. Yet when I tried to log in it didn't work. Turns out my username had been changed to JamesSpiring (which means, like I said, my credentials got changed without permission - a bug, I assume). I didn't want to use my real name on here. After getting locked out, I registered another account, and was surprised to find that Digifiend wasn't already taken! I'd expected the registration to fail on account of username in use, but it completed successfully. Having regained access to my original account though, I'd really appreciate it if this got changed back to how it should be. You may have noticed that this post says it was posted by Digifiend, but when you quoted me, it called me JamesSpiring. There should be one name used consistently, not two. Change it back to how it was before please!

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for allstarsuperman1
AllStarHit-Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edgework: it's still trying to make me change my username

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Send me an email with the email account associated to your CV account.

edgework@comicvine.com

Gilad_the_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edgework: This is AllStarHit-Girl/Superman.

I've got my all star superman accounts to the merge point. Put them to the same email. but when I click "yes let's do this" nothing is happening.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#48 pikahyper  Moderator

@gilad_the_one: he asked you to send him an email :P CV threads/PM inboxes get checked way less often by staff/engineers then emails plus info may need to be given that should not be posted in an open forum, this is why I've been directing everyone to email, it is for everyone's own privacy/good.

Gilad_the_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Gilad_the_One

@pikahyper: Okay, I just figured if I'd tell him the situation has changed. I can now get into Game spots account, it's just not merging.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#50 pikahyper  Moderator

@gilad_the_one: I was just trying to expedite things for you :P I'm OCD about anything wasting time, it is the one thing humans can't get more of so it should never be wasted minute here minute there it all adds up in the end :D