Appearance Count

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By cloudguy

This has been a bug for a while as I've seen it "develop" over the last year. The problem is the appearance count when editing a page is broken as it's displaying incorrect numbers if you compare what appears to the actual character/anything page, which may not be a big deal, but it's something that has bugged me for a little while.

For example, according to the add character edit, Galactus only appears in 1138 issue's but if you go on his actual page it displays a different number.

1138 Appearances
1138 Appearances
1249 Appearances
1249 Appearances

The main problem is that neither of them may be correct, while the Galactus page seems to update when he appears in new issue's but the edit list does not. It also seems to show characters with the alias of same names before the actual name, Black Panther is another example, if you search by just using the characters option in the search he appears on the 2nd page, even though he not only has the most appearances, he is the only character with the exact name you would search for.

There is also problems with the edit search feature (Or the search feature in general) as well which is annoying to deal with as characters can become difficult to find as you have to search through multiple pages to find that character. A good example of how broken it is, is that if you search for Batman, you have to go through 4 pages just to find the actual character with that name. While this problem does have a way to get around it by searching for the real name instead of their costumed name, while this works it can be time consuming for editors or even cause problems for new users as they would not know to do this.

This does need to be fixed as it currently is displaying incorrect/false information and makes the search feature annoying to use as it does not show what you actually search for straight away, which gets annoying after a while.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2 fesak  Moderator  Online

This has been a problem since even before the relaunch. There is a data migration happening today and supposedly that will fix some of the problems.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 fesak  Moderator  Online

As for the search, it's also a known issue. It's supposed to be a smart search engine and learn from searches, but it seems to be set up wrong.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fesak I thought the migration was only for wiki points?

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 fesak  Moderator  Online

Eh.. seems you're right, I probably misunderstood that topic then. We've been waiting for a fix for the counter for years, but no one really cares about points, so i thought it was about that.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fesak Who knows, maybe it might fix it somehow.