Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@jonny_anonymous said:

@war_killer: It's just even after she told Cap she had fought the Winter Soldier before she was still acting weird also I read an interview Sebastian says that Bucky and Natasha's past is hinted at.

Yeah, even at the end when she gave Steve the files she managed to dig up on the Winter Soldier, she seemed hesitant to say anymore...even warning Steve about what he might find in those files. If Marvel does choose to make Bucky Captain America or even do a Winter Soldier spin-off, they could simply be setting up a possible romance between the two.

Hopefully. It's a much better paring than with Hawkeye like I thought they were going for in Avengers.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#152  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@war_killer said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

@war_killer: It's just even after she told Cap she had fought the Winter Soldier before she was still acting weird also I read an interview Sebastian says that Bucky and Natasha's past is hinted at.

Yeah, even at the end when she gave Steve the files she managed to dig up on the Winter Soldier, she seemed hesitant to say anymore...even warning Steve about what he might find in those files. If Marvel does choose to make Bucky Captain America or even do a Winter Soldier spin-off, they could simply be setting up a possible romance between the two.

Hopefully. It's a much better paring than with Hawkeye like I thought they were going for in Avengers.

I liked her relationship with Hawkeye in Avengers, but more as close friends and partners.

There was one thing I'm curious about though, following the events of this movie and what happens to a certain international peace keeping organization, what does this mean for Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D.?

Also did you catch any of the easter eggs in the movie?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@war_killer said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

I liked her relationship with Hawkeye in Avengers, but more as close friends and partners.

There was one thing I'm curious about though, following the events of this movie and what happens to a certain international peace keeping organization, what does this mean for Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D.?

I thought they were going for a romance with Hawkeye and Widow but hopefully not.

I'm not sure, I know they said they've had it all planed out since the beginning but I've never watched Agents of SHIELD so I don't know.

I caught the Dr Strange name drop and Cap's team was called Strike which I think is a reference to S.T.R.I.K.E

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@jonny_anonymous said:

@war_killer said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

@war_killer said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

I thought they were going for a romance with Hawkeye and Widow but hopefully not.

I'm not sure, I know they said they've had it all planed out since the beginning but I've never watched Agents of SHIELD so I don't know.

I caught the Dr Strange name drop and Cap's team was called Strike which I think is a reference to S.T.R.I.K.E

I watched the first half of season one of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., but gave up as it wasn't doing it for me. But with S.H.I.E.L.D. now apparently gone in the MCU, it can only mean that the show won't last much longer.

What about the Ed Brubaker cameo?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jonny_anonymous said:

@war_killer said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

@war_killer said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

I watched the first half of season one of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., but gave up as it wasn't doing it for me. But with S.H.I.E.L.D. now apparently gone in the MCU, it can only mean that the show won't last much longer.

Nah they won't stop the show any time soon, any time that SHIELD get's shut down in the comics Fury and Co just go deep cover and operate on there own, that's pretty much how I see that going down.

Oh yea I forgot that one, Bucky's handler.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@war_killer said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

@war_killer said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

Nah they won't stop the show any time soon, any time that SHIELD get's shut down in the comics Fury and Co just go deep cover and operate on there own, that's pretty much how I see that going down.

Yeah, I was kinda half expecting that Cap would start S.H.I.E.L.D. over from scratch, following the events of the movie. With Fury, Black Widow, Falcon, and himself being the first official agents of the "new and secret" S.H.I.E.L.D. They may still do something similar to that in the third movie, though now I'm curious as to what role S.H.I.E.L.D. will play in Avengers 2, if any.

I completely missed it in theaters, I only realized it after reading about it online. I just love the fact that he's Bucky handler as it's so poetic in a way.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@war_killer said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@war_killer said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

@war_killer said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

Yeah, I was kinda half expecting that Cap would start S.H.I.E.L.D. over from scratch, following the events of the movie. With Fury, Black Widow, Falcon, and himself being the first official agents of the "new and secret" S.H.I.E.L.D. They may still do something similar to that in the third movie, though now I'm curious as to what role S.H.I.E.L.D. will play in Avengers 2, if any.

I completely missed it in theaters, I only realized it after reading about it online. I just love the fact that he's Bucky handler as it's so poetic in a way.

I think the Avengers will somehow replace SHIELD and that's why all the costumes in Age of Ultron have the A on them.

Yea that's a spot on cameo tbh.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@jonny_anonymous said:

@war_killer said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@war_killer said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@war_killer said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

@war_killer said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

I think the Avengers will somehow replace SHIELD and that's why all the costumes in Age of Ultron have the A on them.

I was thinking similarly after seeing the "A" on Cap's new suit. Though then the question of how Ultron plays into all of this. At first I was thinking that Ultron would be something Tony ends up creating for S.H.I.E.L.D., which ends up going out of control and forces the Avengers to assemble to stop it.

Avengers 2 is suppose to be more global anyways, which would further support the idea the Avengers replacing S.H.I.E.L.D. with Stark globalizing the team as the planet's "Mightiest Heroes." Ultron could be Tony's way of creating an army of "Iron Men" which Baron Strucker ends up taking control of andusing as his own personal army, thus forcing The Avengers to have to save the world from their own creation.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@war_killer said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@war_killer said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@war_killer said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

@war_killer said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

I was thinking similarly after seeing the "A" on Cap's new suit. Though then the question of how Ultron plays into all of this. At first I was thinking that Ultron would be something Tony ends up creating for S.H.I.E.L.D., which ends up going out of control and forces the Avengers to assemble to stop it.

Avengers 2 is suppose to be more global anyways, which would further support the idea the Avengers replacing S.H.I.E.L.D. with Stark globalizing the team as the planet's "Mightiest Heroes." Ultron could be Tony's way of creating an army of "Iron Men" which Baron Strucker ends up taking control of andusing as his own personal army, thus forcing The Avengers to have to save the world from their own creation.

Sounds good and it also fits if they want to go with the Civil War angle eventually

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@war_killer said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@war_killer said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@war_killer said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@war_killer said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

@war_killer said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

Sounds good and it also fits if they want to go with the Civil War angle eventually

I agree too. Avengers as global protecter makes more since. But i still think SHEILD will come back. However I wonder what Fury will be up to in Europe (Didn't he say he was going to Europe at the end of Cap: WS.) I have a filling we might see a cinematic version of the Secret Warriors.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thexx: @war_killer: I was thinking that Falcons partner must have been pretty crap if an RPG took him out

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thexx: I actually was expecting the movie to end with Cap starting a whole new S.H.I.E.L.D. with himself, Fury, Falcon, and Black Widow as it's first agents. I could see Fury possibly rebuilding S.H.I.E.L.D. from scratch, making it a secret organization again and keeping it relatively small as to keep it from being infiltrated like it was by Hydra.

But I agree that we most likely haven't seen the last of S.H.I.E.L.D. in the MCU.

@jonny_anonymous: I'm glad you brought that up because I was talking in another thread about what character Marvel's next One-Shot episode could focus on. I was thinking they could easily do one on Falcon, showing us who he was before the events of CA: TWS and showing us the mission where his partner died.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: Yea I'd love that or even an Agent 13 one. As for what Fury is going to be up to I'm positive he's going deep undercover and forming the Secret Warriors

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@war_killer: Yea I'd love that or even an Agent 13 one. As for what Fury is going to be up to I'm positive he's going deep undercover and forming the Secret Warriors

I doubt they'll be called the "Secret Warriors" though, but I do believe they're planning on doing something like that with his character.

Honestly, I'm surprised how Marvel took S.H.I.E.L.D. out of the picture so soon. They first appeared in IM1, but they didn't really make their true "appearance" until The Avengers. Now three movies later and they don't even exist anymore. I like that Marvel's willing to take risks, allowing things to actual change within this ever-growing universe, but I'm still a bit surprised how quickly S.H.I.E.L.D. was taken out of the picture.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@war_killer: Yea if anything they'd be called Secret Avengers.

Well it must be part of the overall story they are telling, I'm not really surprised because I think I can see where they are going with it.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Well it must be part of the overall story they are telling, I'm not really surprised because I think I can see where they are going with it.

Agreed, though I know some would say Marvel was just milking the Avengers brand, it would make sense that Fury would have his own little team to manage, even if he doesn't have the same resources he had with S.H.I.E.L.D.

Where do you think they're going with it?

What I liked about it was how the directors (in their CV interview) mentioned how they were willing to take risks with the characters, continuing to develop the them while also expanding and changing the landscape of the MCU. While the idea of S.H.I.E.L.D. being shutdown was a surprise, to me at least, I liked that Marvel's willing to take risks and allow their universe to change with each movie instead of being the same thing every movie.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

Agreed, though I know some would say Marvel was just milking the Avengers brand, it would make sense that Fury would have his own little team to manage, even if he doesn't have the same resources he had with S.H.I.E.L.D.

What I liked about it was how the directors (in their CV interview) mentioned how they were willing to take risks with the characters, continuing to develop the them while also expanding and changing the landscape of the MCU. While the idea of S.H.I.E.L.D. being shutdown was a surprise, to me at least, I liked that Marvel's willing to take risks and allow their universe to change with each movie instead of being the same thing every movie.

Basically Civil War.

SHIELD's been shut down. Stark turns the Avengers in to it's replacement. Something happens and they all fall out, some siding with Cap and some Iron Man. Hulk get's shot in to space (Planet Hulk has been teased a lot) Cap hand's him self in at the end, get's killed and Bucky takes over.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

Basically Civil War.

SHIELD's been shut down. Stark turns the Avengers in to it's replacement. Something happens and they all fall out, some siding with Cap and some Iron Man. Hulk get's shot in to space (Planet Hulk has been teased a lot) Cap hand's him self in at the end, get's killed and Bucky takes over.

Sorry, but I still can't see a Civil War storyline working in the MCU. There currently aren't enough heroes established yet in this universe to justify something like the Super-Human Registration Act. I could see The Avengers screwing up and someone the bad guys (possible Strucker and Hydra?) using this to turn the public against the heroes. But nothing like on the level we saw in the comics.

When was Planet Hulk teased? (Just curious because I haven't seen much teasing for it...unless I'm missing something...)

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jonny_anonymous said:

@war_killer said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

Basically Civil War.

Sorry, but I still can't see a Civil War storyline working in the MCU. There currently aren't enough heroes established yet in this universe to justify something like the Super-Human Registration Act. I could see The Avengers screwing up and someone the bad guys (possible Strucker and Hydra?) using this to turn the public against the heroes. But nothing like on the level we saw in the comics.

When was Planet Hulk teased? (Just curious because I haven't seen much teasing for it...unless I'm missing something...)

Well in real life there would be nowhere near that amount of superheroes before the government started to try and get them all to register, I mean they would basically try and do it if there was even only one but now we have Captain America, Black Widow, Iron Man, Hawkeye, Hulk, Thor, Scarlet Witch, Quick Silver, Falcon, War Machine, Winter Soldier, Ant Man, Wasp, Dr Strange, Deathlok, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Jessica Jones and any of the villains and asgardians that come to earth.

Also Planet Hulk teasers are:

Kronans that appeared in Thor

No Caption Provided

Scrapped Dark World concept art for a character called Oldstrong: Did 'Thor: The Dark World' Almost Set Up 'World War Hulk'? | MTV.com

No Caption Provided

The news of the Hulk going on a rampage in Age of Ultron

Loading Video...

And now the Sakaarans will be appearing in Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians Of The Galaxy Toys Include Sakaaran Trooper, Previously Unannounced in the Film | Comicbook.com

No Caption Provided

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@jonny_anonymous: I hadn't seen that concept art before. I forgot about the rock monster from Thor 2, and keep forgetting who those guys were from the GotG trailers. That actually does make the idea of a future Planet Hulk seem more likely.

Also, don't forget about the supposed concept art for Avengers 2, with Iron Man fighting Hulk in the Hulk-Buster armor...

No Caption Provided

If Hulk does indeed go on a rampage, most likely due to some kind of manipulation by Baron Strucker, they could very well set the new Hulk movie in space.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: Oh and I forgot to add The Vision to the list of superheroes.

I would LOVE a Planet Hulk movie, I hope it does happen.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has it been mentioned if Vision's going to be in Avengers 2?

I'd actually like to see a Planet Hulk movie and then follow it up with a World War Hulk movie.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jonny_anonymous said:

Has it been mentioned if Vision's going to be in Avengers 2?

I'd actually like to see a Planet Hulk movie and then follow it up with a World War Hulk movie.

Yep, the actor who plays the voice of J.A.R.V.I.S has been cast.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they made the right choice to keep the Winter Soldier as a mystery.

After watching the movie with family and friends, they were all asking me more and more about the Winter Soldier like they couldn't get enough of it. This was the reaction we need for a Winter Soldier solo movie or for Bucky to possibly take over the Captain America movies for a little bit. People are interested in him now and want to know more about his origins and character development. At least this is what happened after I watched it with friends and then family separately.

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By ThexX

@slimj87d: Same here. Hopefully with Bucky's new popularity Marvel will give us another ongoing. From interviews I've been reading about Original Sin, Marvel will be putting out five to six new titles after the event. And only one has been announced Deathlok. And Winter Soldier is supposed to play a big role in the event.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thexx said:

@slimj87d: Same here. Hopefully with Bucky's new popularity Marvel will give us another ongoing. From interviews I've been reading about Original Sin, Marvel will be putting out five to six new titles after the event. And only one has been announced Deathlok. And Winter Soldier is supposed to play a big role in the event.

Fingers crossed that they don't make him a villain.

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By ThexX

@jonny_anonymous: From what I read about the event he is going to team up with Moon Knight and Gamora.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thexx: Yep I've seen that. So does that mean they are announcing to everybody he's still alive?

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By ThexX

@jonny_anonymous: That is going to happen in New Invaders at some point. All I know is that it will happen. And it will probably be reveled before issue 10 is what I get from Robinson interviews.

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thexx: I thought that the Invaders were not going to be public? If that actually happens I will be pissed off.

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By ThexX

@jonny_anonymous: Invaders will stay secret from the public that has been confirmed by Robinson. Will they stay secret from heroes like Iron Man, Thor, & say Captain Marvel I highly doubt it. Hell during this 1st arc Thor already knows something is up because of Cap waring him that the Asgardians could be in danger because of the God Whisper machine. As for Winter Soldier I still believe they are only going to tell certain heroes are only certain heroes will find out about him begin alive.

I also just thought of this. If Cap is going to find out about the New Avengers wiping his memories. What if Widow remembers Bucky.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By cattlebattle

Good for Bucky.....he gets a film named after him and has 7 lines of dialogue and is featured as a sub-plot....here's to you Roy Harp.....I mean Jason Tod......I mean Bucky Barnes :D

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@thexx: @jonny_anonymous: @slimj87d:

Just curious, but what do you guys think of Bucky adopting this look from the movie in the comics?

No Caption Provided

With Bucky believed to be dead by the general public, it would make sense that he would go about trying to hide his identity better. I mean let's face it, the domino mask is cool but seems really impractical for Bucky, especially nowadays. The goggles and face-mask would help to conceal his identity better, but could also feature other functions as well.

The goggles could have a HUD (heads-up display) with different forms of vision such as: night-vision, infrared-vision, as well as possibly special targeting systems. His face-mask could also function as protection from different forms of gas, having a limited supply of oxygen as well as a re-breather for underwater missions.

The jacket, though some might disagree with this one, would cover Bucky bionic arm just as you see in the picture above. It should probably go without saying that Bucky's arm is probably the best way to identify him. The metal arm is always mentioned when talking about or merely referring to the Winter Soldier, with the star slapped on the side. And while it is an iconic piece of Bucky's look, it's honestly a dead giveaway to anyone who sees it. So having it covered up (though they could easily slap a white star on the arm of the jacket) would be the most logical step in trying to keep his identity a mystery while on missions.

It was just a thought, but let me know what you guys think about it! ^__^

@cattlebattle said:

Good for Bucky.....he gets a film named after him and has 7 lines of dialogue and is featured as a sub-plot....here's to you Roy Harp.....I mean Jason Tod......I mean Bucky Barnes :D

You do realize that Bucky barely appeared in the same story the movie is partly based off of, right? :P I think he has a few more lines than he did in the movie, but even in the comic he barely made an appearance. Heck, even if the storyline following it, Red Menace, Bucky barely appeared there either. During Civil War he only appeared in one issue, and also had a one-shot. It wasn't even until around the Death of Captain America storyline that Bucky actually appeared in more than a few panels at a time. :P

So if we're going with sticking to the source material...I think they remained pretty faithful to it. lol xD

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: Honestly, I'm not too big on the mask or goggles. They seem like they can serve a purpose though, gas filtration and a HUD display, but I'm too used to the Domino mask.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: Oh trust me, I'm a big fan of the domino mask. But the more I think about it and the more I look at how his character looks in the movie, the goggles and mask just make sense from a spy/assassin point of view. But that's just me.

What do you think about the jacket though?

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By ThexX

@war_killer: The googles and mask are okay. Like the domino mask more. Now if the googles looked like this and had like a hud, Night Vision, Thermal, & etc. (Like how @slimj87d said) It would be a different story.

No Caption Provided

The jacket I don't like. The one problem I have always had with Bucky design however is the color of the cybernetic arm (The arm itself is awesome). Why in the heck do you give a assassin/black-ops/spy a shiny (chrome) metal arm. It would just make him easier to be detected by the enemy. Why not give him a gun metal or matte black arm.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Gunmetal (Top) MatteBlack (bottom)

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@slimj87d: Do you have the scans of Cap fighting Bucky in the original Winter Soldier arc?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thexx: @slimj87d: @war_killer: I always loved the pulp noirness of the domino mask but I'd bee cool if they wanted to take a more modern approach with the goggles an mask as long as any time they used flash backs to the 70s or whatever he was still using the domino mask. As for the arm thing I'm torn, normally when Bucky is out of uniform he does ware a leather jacket with a white star on it so that would be cool but I really love the look of the metal arm. I mean do people even know that Bucky and the Winter Soldier are the same person? When he "died" it was as Captain America and I'm pretty sure nobody knew he was Bucky at that time.

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: The public knows he was the Winter Soldier & Captain America. The public was told about both identities during the Trial of Captain America Arc. Don't mind me with the arm color (shiny) thing. Its just I don't see it as being practical for a assassin/black-ops/spy to have a shiny arm that could easily give him a away while trying to sneak around. As for the arm itself its awesome, superhuman strength, electric shocking device, sonar ping, hell if the arm would let Bucky cloak (exp. predator cloaking device) it would be perfect.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thexx: It's been a while since I read the trial but was that info really made public?

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Yep. It was broadcast all over the news. And Bucky had a tendency to remove his mask in public to while he was Cap.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By slimj87d

@slimj87d: Do you have the scans of Cap fighting Bucky in the original Winter Soldier arc?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_awesome: @thexx: Yeah, at the end of the No Escape storyline Baron Zemo had managed to get some files and old Soviet footage of Bucky as the Winter Soldier, which he then released to the public. Currently the public is aware that Bucky was both Captain America and the Winter Soldier, as well as Cap's partner from WWII. In Winter Soldier #1, even after Bucky was presumed dead to the public following Fear Itself, the media was still discussing Bucky's time in all three of those identities.

So the public is aware of his time as the Winter Soldier, to what extent I'm not sure, but they currently believe he is dead. But my point with the jacket is the fact that with our world being literally the "digital age" and with every single person on the planet having a camera on the phones, it would be better for Bucky to try and conceal his identity better, both facially and by covering up his arm. At least when he might be operating in a more public/heavily populated area.

@slimj87d: Hey, do you happen to have scans from when Steve is reading the Winter Soldier files in Cap issue #11 (I think that was the issue <_<) I was looking for scans online but couldn't find them anywhere...

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_awesome: @thexx: Yeah, at the end of the No Escape storyline Baron Zemo had managed to get some files and old Soviet footage of Bucky as the Winter Soldier, which he then released to the public. Currently the public is aware that Bucky was both Captain America and the Winter Soldier, as well as Cap's partner from WWII. In Winter Soldier #1, even after Bucky was presumed dead to the public following Fear Itself, the media was still discussing Bucky's time in all three of those identities.

So the public is aware of his time as the Winter Soldier, to what extent I'm not sure, but they currently believe he is dead. But my point with the jacket is the fact that with our world being literally the "digital age" and with every single person on the planet having a camera on the phones, it would be better for Bucky to try and conceal his identity better, both facially and by covering up his arm. At least when he might be operating in a more public/heavily populated area.

@slimj87d: Hey, do you happen to have scans from when Steve is reading the Winter Soldier files in Cap issue #11 (I think that was the issue <_<) I was looking for scans online but couldn't find them anywhere...

Ah I should really reread all that stuff again.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did you want the whole thing? Because it's pretty much the whole entire issue. If so, PM me your e-mail.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@slimj87d: It's fine, I don't need them that bad, I was just curious if you happened to have them. But it's no biggie. :)

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man I really do hope Buck get's an ongoing.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous