Awesome Toy Picks: Scarlet Spider - Marvel Legends Infinite Series

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Each week we take a close look at a comic book collectible. That means taking it out of the package. This week, because we're big fans of the Scarlet Spider, we're going to look at the new version in the Marvel Legends Infinite series.

Check out our unboxing video to see what it looks like out of the package and how it stands and can be positioned.

I always find it fascinating to see what information and description they include on the back of the package. You can also see the other figures in this Rhino Build-a-Figure set.

No Caption Provided

I keep seeing the Misty Knight figure. I'm really tempted to pick her up. Kraven would be really cool too.

Besides the Rhino heads, the figure also comes with three sets of hands. This allows you to change them for whatever pose you want.

Of course you have to have fists for a superhero figure.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

If you want, with the articulation, you can even make him hit himself in the head.

No Caption Provided
Stop hitting yourself! Stop hitting yourself!
Stop hitting yourself! Stop hitting yourself!

You'll also notice the way he's standing. One of the great thing about the Marvel Legends figures is the articulation. You can really position them differently as long as you're patient in order to get it to balance properly.

No Caption Provided

There's also the wall-crawling hands. Or some might call them...jazz hands.

No Caption Provided

You've probably also noticed the web shooters are on the outside of the costume (those not familiar with Scarlet Spider). This always just seemed more practical. It'd be easier to snap them on over the costume rather than try to pull the sleeves over. I imagine it'd be easier to refill them this way too.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And you can position him up against a wall if you want to make it look like he's about to climb.

Again, let's look at his legs. It's great when you can actually move the legs into different positions to make the figure stand. This is a clone of Spider-Man. You wouldn't expect him to be standing in a normal position. You'd want him crouching a little at least. And take a look at his ankle pouches. He doesn't have any pockets on his pants.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Scarlet Spider also has his belt on the outside. Spider-Man, somehow, has a belt under his costume. Or he used to wear one. Often he's drawn without one. You have to admire his hoodie as well.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

There's also the Thwipping hands.

No Caption Provided

He's a spider-character. He needs to be able to shoot out webs.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Let's not forget the Rhino heads, if you're collecting all the figures in order to build him. You have a choice of face and mask for him.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I was really happy with this figure. Usually I find something wrong with the Marvel Legends figures. There's usually something off about them in the sculpt or articulation. Hasbro did a really nice job with this one.

If that wasn't enough, you can also make him do a facepalm.

No Caption Provided

If you're still not impressed, check out this crazy pose I got him in.

No Caption Provided

I was really surprised I could get him to stand and balance on one foot. Bravo, Hasbro. Bravo.

The figure retails for around $20, which is normal for the 6-7" figures. If you really like Scarlet Spider, like I do, there's no question about getting this. There's some minor paint issues but it's very cool overall. Let us know what you think of the pics and video. Let us know if you picked one up already.

We'll have another item featured next time!

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Definitely One I want. It would have been nice though if he had a Ben head.

JewishDork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By JewishDork

The face palm picture looks like he's doing John Cena's "You can't see this".

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Already been had this, i got one opened and displayed and one still packaged !!

Im glad hasbro is redoing a few of the spidey figures. The old versions were going for more then a graded comic....

Spideycap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great looking figure, always loved the design of this costume. I miss Ben Reilly.

cmpunk4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i just bought him hes awesome figure. always loved scarlet spider!!

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Also don't forget ben fan's, Ben's Spider-man is coming to Marvel legends next year

Janjaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They could bring back Ben Reilly after Secret Wars!

looper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bring back Ben Reilly

Grios2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that's not spiderman. I don't know what that is. But then again that's what happens when marvel sells the rights to characters.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I want it!

modsbehating

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Domino_Xeres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Misty Knight would be better if there was a Colleen Wing to accompany. I pray for the day the the Daughters of the Dragon makes a comeback!!!